The price of the game picked up for a third time

+
The price of the game picked up for a third time

Hello from Russia, dear "CD Project RED"!

@Marcin Momot I ask you to answer a few questions:

1) Who sets the price on the collector's edition in Russia?
As far as I know game publisher in Russia is "SoftClub". Today the price of the game picked up for a third time: now It's 10,999 RUB on PC and 12,999 RUB on PS4 and Xbox One. At the time then pre-orders started it was 6,499 RUB on PC and 7,999 RUB on PS4 and Xbox One. I contacted customer support the company "SoftClub" and that's what told me:

"For comments on the actions of shops and "suppliers" you better appeal directly to the game publisher, the company CD Project Red. For example, through their forum. It is in their competence is pricing."

I ask you to comment on this statement.

2) If you set the price really, I can tell you that it is very overpriced. If the price settable publisher, I ask you to control the process and limit the overcharge.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Last edited:
I know rates. I'm interested who sets the price. When I asked, the publisher told me that they were not responsible for setting the price of the game - is doing "CDPR". For example in the store OZON.ru сollector's Edition for PC worth 6,499 RUB and in store 1C-Interes.ru - 10.999 RUB.

The prices of games are set by merchants in the countries they supply. There is always a base price requested by the publisher (for example, the minimum price must be $50.00 USD unless permission is given by the publisher to lower the price) but price increases are determined by local retailers based on supply and demand. If stores in an area are raising the prices it is likely due to the game being in high demand or being close to selling out.

All copies of the collector's edition on all platforms were sold about 7 months ago. People get letters from online stores that say that the price has increased.

We are seeing increase in prices here in Brazil also. The Witcher: 3 was costing R$ 89,00-99,00 on retailers (pre-order). Now it's R$ 129,00. On Russia's case, the low cost of the oil barrel plus sanctions and increase in military spending are devaluing de Russian money. If the crisis in Iran is resolved, a more oil enters the market, it will worsen even more. Unfortunately, :(
Niw, if you bought a game with a price, the salers shoud maintain that price for you. At least here in Brazil they are obliged to do that.

Niw, if you bought a game with a price, the salers shoud maintain that price for you. At least here in Brazil they are obliged to do that.

Yes, that's how we roll in US as well. We either get the same price as a pre-order, or lower, if it decreased in the meantime. Never higher. But unfortunately other countries have different regulations.

I think, that OP _already_ preordered his copy of the game. And now reseller rises price for _already_ purchased product and wants MOAR money!

Would be legally pretty difficult to raise the price for you *after* you already purchased the game, yes. The moment you purchase something you have a binding contract with the guy that sold it to you; and I don't know of a single developed country where the legal framework differs in that point.
Or, as the ancient guys with the togas in Rome said on this subject: pacta sunt servanda.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be legally pretty difficult to raise the price for you *after* you already purchased the game, yes. The moment you purchase something you have a binding contract with the guy that sold it to you; and I don't know of a single developed country where the legal framework differs in that point.
Or, as the ancient guys with the togas in Rome said on this subject: pacta sunt servanda.

Actually in most cases there is no binding contract even at the point of your purchase (and this is only a pre-order). E.g. if you read the eMails Amazon sends you it clearly states that the contract is valid once they've let you know they've actually sent your product. When you click the "purchase"-button on Amazon all your doing (legally) is offering to buy it.

I only have eMails in German, but that's how it looks like when Amazon confirms that you've ordered a product: "Diese E-Mail dient lediglich der Bestätigung des Einganges Ihrer Bestellung und stellt noch keine Annahme Ihres Angebotes auf Abschluss eines Kaufvertrages dar. Ihr Kaufvertrag für einen Artikel kommt zu Stande, wenn wir Ihre Bestellung annehmen, indem wir Ihnen eine E-Mail mit der Benachrichtigung zusenden, dass der Artikel an Sie abgeschickt wurde."

Last edited:
For amazon pre-order price is binding, as well as shipping charges at that time (even if your Prime membership expired by the time they send you a package, you'll still get free 2 day shipping). Also amazon has a policy to change a price of any pre-order if at any point between pre-order and delivery the price goes down. It guarantees that pre-order will get the lowest price. In any case I don't believe it is legal in USA to raise a price of the order already placed. Sure, they can cancel the order if they fail to secure the items, or items were never produced, and such, but after they generated an original order and we accepted it, it seems to be legally binding.

@Marcin Momot , I ask you to influence the publisher - "SoftClub"!

BioLogIn
(administrator on the forum "SoftClub"):
Company "SoftClub" is the publisher of the game: http://www.softclub.ru/games/pc/22587-vedmak-3-dikaya-okhota

TheEvilChris (community manager "CD Project RED"):
The prices of games are set by merchants in the countries they supply. There is always a base price requested by the publisher (for example, the minimum price must be $50.00 USD unless permission is given by the publisher to lower the price) but price increases are determined by local retailers based on supply and demand. If stores in an area are raising the prices it is likely due to the game being in high demand or being close to selling out.

The representative of "1C-Interest" (shop belongs "SoftClub"):
On our side, we have already pointed out that the collection of pre-orders, we use the price recommended by the publisher of the price. No understatement / overstatement, though changes in the ruble on our part no. To influence it nor can we, with the price under the terms of the pre-order is preliminary and may be revised again in the future (as in the downward and upward) if the information is available from the publisher and suppliers.

BioLogIn (administrator on the forum "SoftClub"):
I think it is right to ask questions about the price increase for those who raised these prices. "SoftClub" did not announce the price of "The Witcher 3", and therefore on the rise, and lowering can I say strange...

BioLogIn (administrator on the forum "SoftClub"):
For comments on the actions of shops and suppliers you better appeal directly to the game publisher, the company "CD Project Red". For example, through their forum. It is in their competence is pricing.

I do not know who is responsible for what! All pass the buck to each other! :facepalm:

Нехуй в 1С брать. Они йобнутые!
Next time you should try another retailer, I think.

Price increased in all stores except "OZON.ru". But closer to the release price will increase and there I think.

I use Axii sign on those merchants to "persuade" them to lower the prices. I don't know about you. I bought Witcher 3 on GoG though.

A statement from "SoftClub" (BioLogin, administrator on the forum "SoftClub") received today:
On the situation with the prices. Some information on shipments and indicative prices shopping really voiced distributor - "SoftClub"But solutions at prices accepted by the publisher - "CDP". Therefore, as I said, comment on pricing in Russia really need to get at the "CDP". And, as I've said several times, "SoftClub" made no official announcement on the price of the publication of "The Witcher".

"SoftClub" shifts the responsibility on you - on "CD Project RED"! Waiting for your comments.:hmm:

Last edited:
Top Bottom