PS4 controller labels for when playing on PC?

+
PS4 controller labels for when playing on PC?

If I plan to use a Dualshock 4 (PS4 controller) to play Witcher 3 on PC, will it be possible to display X, O, Triangle, Square etc labels in the game? Or does the PC version of the game only store Xbox controller labels?

Well the Xbox controller is native support(XInput) on Windows so that always takes priority.

Interesting question regardless, searching shows only a few games support DS4 icons on PC when a DS4 is plugged in(AC Unity, Far Cry 4). So I would guess the chances are slim but only a dev could possibly answer.

Last edited:
I've used the Sony controllers since PS1 and am really used to it. Since the PS4 version of the game will have the label files already, hopefully the devs include it in the PC build as an option.

Its a neat touch I'd like to see, there are a handful of devs that are starting to do it and I imagine its pretty trivial considering how easily its been modded into other games. Its not a big deal though, and Im more interested in whether it'll support keyboard and controller inputs at once. Games that completely disable the KB when you are using a controller drives me nuts since I love being able to reconfigure the touchpad.

It would be great if some of the REDS would answer this question, I am also interested in it ;)

I used a similar mod but to replace console icons with KB/M icons when playing Dark Souls 2. Hopefully TW3 will also receive similar mods.

ajarn

Forum regular
If I plan to use a Dualshock 4 (PS4 controller) to play Witcher 3 on PC, will it be possible to display X, O, Triangle, Square etc labels in the game? Or does the PC version of the game only store Xbox controller labels?

You could print X, Y, A, B on a paper, than glue printed labels on DS4 controller ... ^^

As far as I know CDPR did say they fully support the Xbox360 controller for PC and they "try" to implement the PS4 one as well. So no guarantee but they will try.

As far as I know CDPR did say they fully support the Xbox360 controller for PC and they "try" to implement the PS4 one as well. So no guarantee but they will try.

It's not about supporting PS4 controller (DS4Tool 1.2.2 solves that problem) . It's about labels. Just pictures (textures), that represent buttons on a controller.

PS4 prompts on PC?

Just wondering if the prompts for controller will include an option between xbox and dualshock keys? I always use a dualshock controller, just my personal preference, has there been any confirmation if they will be included in the game?

I also wanted to know this i prefer a DS3 or DS4 and having the in-game buttons change accordingly to the controller im plugging in would be amazing

Top Bottom