The Yennefer/Triss choice in TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehe np =D btw when you say "should choose" do you mean that there is a True ending or something and you can get like bad/good/true endings?

We don't have that much info. But knowing CDPR from the previous games, there'll be no such thing as a good or bad ending, just different endings, and there may not be a clearcut "Choose Yen or Choose Triss" decision point.

To summarise the views, there are a fair number of people who say that, assuming there's a choice, you should choose Yen because the books define her as Geralt's "true love", and there are a fair number of people who say it's OK to choose Triss because she's your lover in the first two games. There's no consensus.

so after reading the #1 post and skipping all 229 post's will we be able to choose yet or is the love thing still only on yennifer?
From the latest trailer it shows Geralt romancing both Yen & Triss at different times. I'm not sure if it's going to be an 'either or' situation, but at least we know Triss isn't completely out of the picture. One thing I hope CDPR doesn't do is force Yen on us despite being in a relationship with Triss. If we get both at the same time, then I can throw my nerve racking decision out the window.

To summarise the views, there are a fair number of people who say that, assuming there's a choice, you should choose Yen because the books define her as Geralt's "true love", and there are a fair number of people who say it's OK to choose Triss because she's your lover in the first two games. There's no consensus.

shortest tl;dr of a 230 pages thread i have ever seen, yet so much potential to dicuss :p

Yep ... THIS is pretty much the current situation about this matter. Though i still THINK there is NO TRUE ending
at all. It all will depent on the players interpretation of the events in the WHOLE story. Everybody who just calls out
BOOKS BOOKS or GAMES GAMES ... is just missing a huge part of the TW world i believe. Even so... if there is
NO TRUE ending, we have to freedom to expierience several scenarios here. Without discomfort, because
we decided the one way or another.

Also ( if we get really this freedom) it highly increases the replay value of the game. This is going to be awesome.

Triss or Yen

Make your bets.

I need to check all the women i can romance first before i can choose.
So far for me, Alchemist lady > Yenn > Triss.

A treesome could nice for a while, even eyecandy for male players. But if we hear those who claims for a mature story, there's must be a choice between one, the other or none of both.

Well, as someone who is/was involved quite heavily in this discussion (with a mere of 222+1 posts, that's about 9-10% of this thread...), i can't keep it with just that one post :)

Ii'd like to say that i am not entirely against Triss, even though i am in the Yen camp, yet the arguments for Triss are not convincing enough for me to make such a relationship plausible compared to what happened in the books AND games (yes, there are also events in the games in favor of Yennefer, so it's not just books vs games).

With just the books there should be no second opinion about who Geralt is loving, that's for sure. So most people argument that the events in the games are much in favor of Triss, yet many already showed hints that this isn't always the case, e.g. Triss talking with the lodge behind Geralt's back, keeping him uninformed about his actual love and making him believe that she is his former love, a potential love potion and such on.

It's a matter of perception. Some people think that she did it because of love to him and she can't be really blamed for that and if your Geralt falls for her, so be it. But others say she did it to deceive him, making everything just worse, even leading to hate her.

I was also argumenting that even the events in the games are also in favor of Yennefer, because if Geralt hadn't offered his life for hers to the Wild Hunt, the whole game series (and a potential relationship with Triss) wouldn't exist at all.

So coming back to my recent posts, i am/was quite surprised how well the scenes were so far, like everything will be just as fine at the end of the day. Even a threesome seems to be possible now, even though i still don't know how i feel about that.

For me personally the whole relationship with Triss is almost identical with *book spoiler*
the one with Fringilla Vigo in the books.
The second Geralt learns about the whereabouts of Yennefer, he is gone looking for her. Sounds similiar, right? Guess what you are doing at the start of Witcher 3 :)

CDPR has to sell such a relationship with Triss to me and it won't be cheap, maybe i am too stubborn to accept it anyway, but that's my problem and not the fault of others.
I will just reconfirm what Geralt already did several times and i am still a little bit sulky about the fact that NOBODY really wanted to talk with me about Yennefer & Ciri in the past 2 games, not even my closest friends.

Last edited:
@wichat.571

Well IF there is a threesome option... lets don t forget there could be a women eyecandy to yes?
Geralt x Yennefer X Istredd ...

But yes, at the end i think the player has to choose one or another depending on the feeling
Or even not choose at all...

PS: if Geralt would choose Istredd... GAY Geralt confirmed? :D :D :D

Oh man... what do i say ... i ll never recover from this one *evil smirk*

Last edited:
A treesome could nice for a while, even eyecandy for male players. But if we hear those who claims for a mature story, there's must be a choice between one, the other or none of both.

Yes. On encounter because of x reasons would be ok. To end like that....The maturity thing would be a fail

@wichat.571

Well IF there is a threesome option... lets don t forget there could be a women eyecandy to yes?
Geralt x Yennefer X Istredd ...

No way, if CDPR never dared to show a piece of Geralt's naked bottom I cannot feel any immersion nor eyecandy for me as a female in sex scenes, it's like wine with no alcohol: grape juice for children. I enjoy treesomes of my Geralt in TW1 with vampires. I have no problem with it. But just a treesome with the two main female characters which has nothing to do with the story line, just for eyecandy of largest majority of malegamer is not a sign of mature.

---------- Updated at 02:27 PM ----------

I mean, will have any reason for saving Ciri goal lying with Triss and Yen together? It sounds like having sex with Ciri: out of context.

Indeed, but i think all who know the storyline and the games already, don' t care that much about
such things. Let alone the eyecandy of naked skin, i believe we all are more interested in the
story that stands behind it. Or better the story they ll develop in TW3 :D

What if the threesome ist the ONLY option we can save Ciri?
*smirks even more evil*

But just a treesome with the two main female characters which has nothing to do with the story line, just for eyecandy of largest majority of malegamer is not a sign of mature.

I have to agree. I'm honestly still in doubt of this alleged threesome, I don't count that scene in the trailer and Jose's reaction as quite evidence enough, although it certainly is crafting an image of that possibility.
If it does happen, there better be some bloody fucking amazing reason for it, both in the characters and the romantic story/progression.

I had to google that, thought it could be someone that i forgot about from W1 since i have terrible memory.
But I assume she is from the books ? I never read them.
So my list still stands, but like i said, it's not final. I need to see everyone first :p

About the three-some.
I think someone mention before that it could be succubus.
I think they are already confirmed or at least i remember seeing it here in the forum. What i don't know is if they can shapeshift/transform.

I just realized. If Ciri is like Geralt's daughter, and Triss is like Ciri's sister, it makes Geralt-Triss kinda weird.

Go wrap your head around that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom