The Witcher 3 D1 Edtion

+
The Witcher 3 D1 Edtion

I have a question.
In many stores, it's reported that the "Witcher 3 Standard Edition" is called "The Witcher 3 D1 Edition".
http://www.gamestop.it/PS4/Games/33988

Compendium, OST etc...are only in this edition, or are they in all version of the standard game?

And this

In this Gamestop says "Preorder and receive 16 free DLCs." But isn't this false advertisement?

Last edited:
Yeah I'm pretty sure those DLCs are to everyone and free, no need to pre-order to get them.
About your other question, I'm not sure.

DLCs are free no matter the edition or when and where you buy the game. I don't know about the D1 thing, in the US it's just the standard edition(which comes with those extras) and the collector's edition. I hear that in other countries there are other editions and pre orders that come with things like a steelbook and other physical items. (looked it up and Best Buy offers a steelbook and Gamestop offers a keychain here in the US)

Some shops I've seen are listing it as a D1 edition in the pre-order section to boost pre-order sales that's all (see shopto.net), it's the same version everyone else who buys physical will get except for the CE obviously.

I'm not sure what you mean by false marketing here. CDPR falsely marketing? It just seems to me like an honest mistake of Gamestop's, because CDPR's official sites is clear on the matter.

http://en.cdprojektred.com/news/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-16-free-dlcs-for-everyone/

Q: Do I have to pre-order to get the free DLCs?
A: No, each piece of content will be available for download regardless of you buying the game before or after launch on May 19th, 2015.
Q: I have the standard version of the game (i.e. not the Collector’s Edition). Do I still get the free DLCs?
A: Yes. You get the 16 DLCs regardless of the version of the game you bought (i.e. standard or Collector’s, digital or physical).

I guess he meant Gamestop is doing false advertisement, which I think is entirely possible. Of course it's just as likely it's an actual mistake. But afaik Amazon did something similar already, too. At least the German Amazon website says something like "preorders receive our exclusive dark horse comic and 16 free DLCs".

Last edited:
It's false advertisement from Gamestop. This isn't the first time they do it, I saw many people puzzled on the italian forums because of this. I don't know if it's only Gamestop Italia doing this or other branches too.

It is not false advertising, although it may be deceptive. The statement "pre-order and receive 16 DLCs" is true. That they don't tell you that you don't have to pre-order to get the DLCs, that may be considered deceptive. False advertising would be a statement such as "You can only get the 16 DLCs when you pre-order" or you not getting the 16 DLCs after pre-ordering.

It is not false advertising, although it may be deceptive. The statement "pre-order and receive 16 DLCs" is true. That they don't tell you that you don't have to pre-order to get the DLCs, that may be considered deceptive. False advertising would be a statement such as "You can only get the 16 DLCs when you pre-order" or you not getting the 16 DLCs after pre-ordering.

I think it's Namco Bandai who are promoting it this way. Amazon UK ("Sold by Namco Bandai") are doing much the same. The SD product title says "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with 16 Free DLCs" as though it's a big deal. Buried in the small print is "All orders of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, both before and after release, are eligible to receive 16 free DLCs" Amazon US ("Sold by Warner Home Video") don't mention it.

I think it's Namco Bandai who are promoting it this way. Amazon UK ("Sold by Namco Bandai") are doing much the same. The SD product title says "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with 16 Free DLCs" as though it's a big deal. Buried in the small print is "All orders of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, both before and after release, are eligible to receive 16 free DLCs" Amazon US ("Sold by Warner Home Video") don't mention it.

... and that is why I get my info here and buy from gog.com :)

It is false enough, since it misleads customers to pre-order rather than not. While they don't get any benefits from pre-ordering, they are engineered to do it. At least in digital case, pre-order provides a discount, but with physical copies it doesn't.

Last edited:

Yes but even without pre ordering you get the FreeLC, it's not just deceptive it's just false.
They make it sound that if you pre order you get 16 DLC but you get those DLC even a year after the game is released... For free.
I know they want to 'convince' people to buy the game at their store but they try to make a normally available thing a gamestop pre order exclusive. Which is false.

Yes but even without pre ordering you get the FreeLC, it's not just deceptive it's just false.
They make it sound that if you pre order you get 16 DLC but you get those DLC even a year after the game is released... For free.
I know they want to 'convince' people to buy the game at their store but they try to make a normally available thing a gamestop pre order exclusive. Which is false.
They do not say you don't get the DLC if you don't pre order, so I wouldn't see it as false. It is highly misleading though.

Top Bottom