Should the Wild Hunt Specter King Be Kill-able?

+
Should the Wild Hunt Specter King Be Kill-able?

Just as the title suggests, do you believe that we should be able to not "banish" the wild hunt king but rather kill him and loot his body. Why or why not. (5pts)

You could kill him in W1 but there was nothing for it -.-. I even went through the trouble to kill him in Chapter 4 and he escaped.. then at the end of the game I killed him. Turns out he didn't die at all because we see him in W3 xD.

Edit: So yes, it would be nice if we could own him for real this time.

Last edited:
... I cannot appropriately answer that question without major book spoilers. HUGE SPOILERS FROM BOOKS THAT WILL ALSO BE SPOILERS FOR GAME FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT READ "THE LADY OF THE LAKE"

SERIOUSLY GUYS (AND GALS) - SPOILERS

Dude is actually a powerful elf from another dimension named Eredin Bréacc Glas.

From Witcher Wiki: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Eredin_Bréacc_Glas

Eredin Bréacc Glas, also known to the unicorns as "Sparrowhawk", is an Aen Elle and leader of an elven cavalry known as the Dearg Ruadhri, which means "Red Riders" or "Red Horsemen".

In the fifth tome of The Witcher Saga, The Lady of the Lake Eredin is first met by Ciri on her way to Tir ná Lia in the world of Aen Elle. Knowing that he had made an impression on her and that she is likely infatuated with him, he uses that to his advantage to push his and Avallac'h's plans further. He also killed the king of Aen Elle, Auberon Muircetach, possibly unwittingly, by supplying him with some sort of aphrodisiac or performance enhancer. Eredin and Avallac'h, an Aen Saevherne elf were actually the true rulers of the Aen Elle given that Auberon was reclusive and uninvolved in the day-to-day life of his people.

He is said to have once possessed (along with Avallac'h) The Gate of the Worlds, a great power allowing one to control space and time but he lost it, now trying to retrieve it. It is known that he and Avallac'h used that power to gain control of at least one world (that being the Aen Elle world where they killed all humans - during her escape Ciri finds a huge pile of human bones).

After Ciri's escape from Aen Elle, he and his cavalry chased her through space and time finally to catch up with her in a forest of an unknown world. He also haunts Ciri as a wraith while she's resting in a french tavern telling her that he will wait for her on The Spiral - a place she will eventually enter after her long journey through space and time. After that he isn't mentioned in the novels, however.

In the human world, he is known and feared as the King of the Wild Hunt; The group of spectres actually being the cavalry he commands.

In short - I would think you could kill him. If you can kill him, then I guess you could loot him too.

... I cannot appropriately answer that question without major book spoilers. HUGE SPOILERS FROM BOOKS THAT WILL ALSO BE SPOILERS FOR GAME FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT READ "THE LADY OF THE LAKE"

SERIOUSLY GUYS (AND GALS) - SPOILERS

Dude is actually a powerful elf from another dimension named Eredin Bréacc Glas.

From Witcher Wiki: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Eredin_Bréacc_Glas

In short - I would think you could kill him. If you can kill him, then I guess you could loot him too.

It's not really a spoiler, W2 explains a lot about the Wild Hunt, especially Iorveth's path.

It's a major point of information that will be unknown to those who are new to the series (I assume some people who come here haven't read or played). I'm extra cautious about spoilers these days ever since I put of a link a couple months ago without a warning. Better safe than sorry.

Speaking about the Hunt. I hope that this time it will be explained what excatly happened between the last witcher 2 flashback and the beginning of witcher 1.
we know that Geralt offered himself to the King of the Hunt in exchange for Yennefer and then became a rider of the Hunt. I hope we learn what he did as a rider and how he managed to escape.
I thought the explanations about the assassin, who tried to kill Foltest at the end of Witcher 1 were a bit unsatisfying in Witcher 2. Hopefully they do it better this time

I want him to be romancable...
@Sephira want it, too...
Can't deny it. Everyone knows.

Anyway you "kill" the ghost not the King himself in W1... so nothing strange.

Can't deny it. Everyone knows.

Anyway you "kill" the ghost not the King himself in W1... so nothing strange.

Well, he does have a charming smile.

But I hope we can kill him for real in the game.

Attachments

• IQrqm34.jpg
    IQrqm34.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 116
They don't look like specters to me, nothing 'ghastly' about them. They don't shimmer or nothing like that, like in the first game, they don't ride through the sky like they do in the books.
Also, from TW2 we know
that they can appear in physical form once a year. I assume that in TW3 they have found a more permanent way of staying in this way in 'this' world.

It'd be nice in my headcanon if Ciri could kill him, because character development and logical next step in the arc and so forth.

But given the structure of the games, I'd say you (Geralt) might even have a choice​.

They don't look like specters to me, nothing 'ghastly' about them. They don't shimmer or nothing like that, like in the first game, they don't ride through the sky like they do in the books.
Also, from TW2 we know
that they can appear in physical form once a year. I assume that in TW3 they have found a more permanent way of staying in this way in 'this' world.
I liked the theory by Shoddycast in their Witcher Lore series.
The theory is.. They come for human slaves each year, but this time they are trapped in this Universe and need Ciri in order to return to their Universe. Which would mean they are in physical form and maybe killable.

I liked the theory by Shoddycast in their Witcher Lore series.
The theory is.. They come for human slaves each year, but this time they are trapped in this Universe and need Ciri in order to return to their Universe. Which would mean they are in physical form and maybe killable.

In TW2 Geralt said... or was it Letho?!
The Wild Hunt riders come in person for special missions, nabbing Ciri and her elder blood is special in my book.

In TW2 Geralt said... or was it Letho?!
The Wild Hunt riders come in person for special missions, nabbing Ciri and her elder blood is special in my book.
Book and W2 spoiler:
Yes, Geralt says that. And that it is, nabbing Geralt and Yennefer was presumably to lure out Ciri, so Ciri is a special special case! :)
I just watched the last flashback again. Where Geralt trades places with Yennefer. It happens on Midinvaerne - The night of magic. I assumed that that means the riders can only appear physically on that day, because it's a"magical" day, and therefore they are able to cross between the worlds..? They never appear as anything other than specters outside their own world while chasing Ciri in the books, if I remember correctly.

Top Bottom