Too old for gaming

+
You could grow old enough to develop disabilities that make you too much of a noob to play.
There are many things that could happen.

But the point was that going to watch the theater or watch a movie at home, or maybe play a game.
That's all for the sake of entertainment.

A controller is one of the easiest things to use, unlike anything else that requires a lot more effort and strenght such as going for a walk in the mountains or very long trip somewhere (which are healthy).

I see the possibility that growing older may open up possibilities that you might have children, there will be more things in life that must come first that will consume your time, and the time left over you rather spend on something else than games. Not because you are tired of playing games, but because you have different priorities.

But I speak only for myself.

I agree with everything except...

A controller

I see the possibility that growing older may open up possibilities that you might have children, there will be more things in life that must come first that will consume your time,

"Growing older" = "reaching the age when you might have children".
FML. I feel ancient :(

A man is never too old for gaming.
A man only needs his hands and wits for gaming.
If a man starts loosing the wits or doesn't have the hands (which shouldn't happen to a man these days) then a man does not know if he wants to live.
(You know, if I'm start being too slow or stupid for games I will have a crisis)

Other than that, HEY, we GREW UP with games. We are different from out (current) parents or grandparents. We are so used to gaming these days, I think learning to play games properly as a young age is what elders these days are just missing. A lot of them never played video games, it's a very new and strange experience for them which is why it is so confusing and complicated (especially if you let them use a controller, hell I have trouble with controllers all the time, give me a K&M however and I'm and artist). The point is, we grew up with games, we learned it from a young(er) age on and we have it in our blood, in out guts to play games, especially those of us who are enthusiastic about it. I do not think that we will have trouble gaming when getting older. And that means hell no, as long as there is no trouble, you can bet your sorry arse that I will continue gaming (and making Let's Plays, maybe even reviews) until I drop dead on my chair.

(Sports can help to keep you fit enough and your reactions sharp enough, even if you are not the sporty type. I think it might help a lot in old age, even in terms of staying "in shape" for gaming, so you feel fit, comfortable, healthy and keep your reflexes fast enough)

I agree with everything except...

Agreed. I was always the K%M type too. But hey, to each their own, I guess there ARE people being more comfortable with a controller.
I am not.

As gamers grow older, I'd actually expect to see controllers specially designed to be more oldie-friendly. Something based on a trackball would be nice.

What about brain-computer interfaces? Even people with arthritis could play games then.

Notice how nobody talks about brain-console interfaces though ;)

@Dragonbird

He probably meant growing old = age where you *might* have children, ie not guaranteed.

Wow. Having children is something children can do... That isn't "old".

Neither is no longer being able to have children. At most that would be mid-life.

I don't think "old" really means very much ~ some people accomplish this in their 20s, others stay alert, fit and interested in the world around them well into their 7th decade or beyond.

Not? So I never grown up enough because no babies in my life? I seee.....

Sure, maybe, who knows?

That hypothetical statement dealt only with the physical possibility of having children as an indicator of aging (a bad one at that). Actually having or not having babies is beyond the scope of that metric, so it doesn't prove anything :)

We're all pretty juvenile here anyway, regardless of age.

He probably meant growing old = age where you *might* have children, ie not guaranteed.

It was the idea that the age when you might have children stopping you from playing is "old". When you're MY age, such people are "young".

Sigh. I'm past "old" and well into "antique".

And I can still kill the kayran! Take that, you young whippersnappers.

It was the idea that the age when you might have children stopping you from playing is "old". When you're MY age, such people are "young".

I've noticed the limit between young and old keeps being pushed forward every year, usually around the time of my birthday. Somehow not everybody is aware of this though.

Well... which Dragon doesn't look antique... at less vintage?

Forum veteran
My hands could be chopped off and I'd still find a way to get my game on, a way that most likely involves turned-based games and some kind of tongue mouse. Age is nothing next to having your hands chopped off, so I welcome the rapidly-approaching specter of death and its ceaseless countdown toward a nice pine box.

And when they bury me, they won't place coins on my eyes like the Greeks, but Game Boy cartridges. Suck it, ferryman.

Hello, my dearest sister tutu. Can I kill you now? Pretty please?
Of course not; violence against women is ungentlemanly. A respectable sir such as yourself would do well to avoid engaging in such a sordid practice.

Poor Dragonbird. Old and male.

There's no need for the insults.
:halt:

Anyway, it' should be "Poor tutu, all grown up and he still doesn't know the difference".

@wichat.571 - don't worry, the 'respectable' veneer rubs off once you reach a certain age.

@227 - if this is all a clumsy attempt at a "Tits or GTFO", you're out of luck, I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Top Bottom