The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
now that I can talk about this, I saw the water affect when aard was cast, it was level 1 aard and went outwards facing forward. It actually looked good even on the ps4 stream I was watching.

Blood seemed to get in water as well. A chicken was killed and there was blood on the ground also.

The foliage, in my opinion, looks like rubbish on consoles though.

Good news! Hope it's fixed for humans though... Miss the spray effect like in 35 min vid from Drowners but hey at least some form of blood decals is good if it exists.

How about lightning on grass/fire effects? Looking any better/fixed/improved?

now that I can talk about this, I saw the water affect when aard was cast, it was level 1 aard and went outwards facing forward. It actually looked good even on the ps4 stream I was watching. It does affect the surface of the water.

Blood seemed to get in water as well. A chicken was killed and there was blood on the ground also.

The foliage, in my opinion, looks like rubbish on consoles though.

You mean the blood mixing with water is still in the game ? Oh God I am happy for this !!!

Good news! Hope it's fixed for humans though... Miss the spray effect like in 35 min vid from Drowners but hey at least some form of blood decals is good if it exists.

How about lightning on grass/fire effects? Looking any better/fixed/improved?

hard to say, the level 1 igni is just a quick burst of fire. Nothing like the one in trailers that we've seen which can be sustained for a bit.

hard to say, the level 1 igni is just a quick burst of fire. Nothing like the one in trailers that we've seen which can be sustained for a bit.

True that... The fire from igni concerns me much less than the huge fires when villages burn and such, the bigger scale stuff.
Most important is the grass though, does it still look like PS2 quality? Or did they fix lightning a bit there so it doesn't look awful anymore?

Lol I had stayed here so long to write wall of text, usually I lurk and now it all had been made it irrelevant. My luck.

Now I will do it.

DOWNGRADE! xD

Should go to bed, for hour and have to wake up to work. SHOULD

Last edited:
There definitely was blood pooling after humans were killed in the stream.

As far as I understood, it was the pool after the human was dead and lying on the floor, around him a pool appeared, did you mean this?
The issue people discuss is when you just cut a human with a sword but not yet killing him, he should have blood spilled near him on the floor, notice I say on the floor and not just a small spill that evaporates in the air right after.

Let's stay on topic, please. The topic at hand are not cats. :)

Aww, and I was gonna say that the pic reminded me of The Cat Lady, but, obviously, happier.

As for the topic, I believe there has been a downgrade and, without an explanation from CDPR, I'm inclined to believe it's due to parity.

Having said that, I'd rather have a downgraded Witcher than the vast majority of stuff that's released but I give thanks to those who bring up fair and non-hostile concerns.

True that... The fire from igni concerns me much less than the huge fires when villages burn and such, the bigger scale stuff.
Most important is the grass though, does it still look like PS2 quality? Or did they fix lightning a bit there so it doesn't look awful anymore?

its honestly hard to say since these are unprofessional non-profit livestreams, the quality of the stream itself is pretty terrible in all of them that I've watched. Wind affects are nice, but the quality of the foliage, grass in particular, didn't look that good from what I could make out.

Lighting seems very bright. Almost frostbite engine-bright at times. It does make the foliage stand out a bit more. Colors seem very intense as well, like skyrim fantasy-enb intense.

Last edited:
Been watching the ps4 stream on twitch and it looks just like the pc youtube videos that were released 2 weeks ago :\

Been watching the ps4 stream on twitch and it looks just like the pc youtube videos that were released 2 weeks ago :\

They already said numerous times, that the version will be very similar. PC will get Hairworks and 60 FPS, that is basically it.

Bah... Here's to hoping they have read all the concerns recently and decide to fix it quickly in the day one patch... A month of potential to fix stuff is a lot of time but I somehow doubt that anything was done related to lightning affecting grass issue... I guess mods it is, hopefully asap...

its honestly hard to say since its these are unprofessional non-profit livestreams, the quality is pretty terrible in all of them that I've watched. Wind affects are nice, but the quality of the foliage, grass in particular, didn't look that good.

Lighting seems very bright. Almost frostbite engine-bright at times. It does make the foliage stand out a bit more. Colors seem very intense as well, like skyrim fantasy-enb intense.

Yeah I have to agree with that. Don't know how i feel about it. I was never a fan of changing vanilla colours and tried to experience game its intended to. But Witcher was supposed to be dark, gritty, mature universe but aesthetically the colours give the opposite feeling.

pretty much yeah... the console parity is definitely real unfortunately. I mean, sure pc can force higher resolutions but damn I really hope they're going to give us a few additional options other than physx affects.

I wish they add down the line more graphical options and good modding tools...
Maybe they have things disabled like in Watch Dogs and it's as easy to activate thus improving quality by quite a bit? :p (wishful thinking...)

I wish they add down the line more graphical options and good modding tools...
Maybe they have things disabled like in Watch Dogs and it's as easy to activate thus improving quality by quite a bit? :p (wishful thinking...)

They need to do Witcher HD DLC for free like Skyrim did :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom