An Open World With No Loading Screens

+
Basically you have 2 Skyrim maps and few DA:I zones for story reasons. Jesse doesnt know how it works, he played prologue area and a bit of NML+Novigrad area.

As I said, between NML and Skellige, you take a ship. Between other areas, you go to a particular place in the border of the map.

Hey thanks, the moderators kind of threw my post into this thread (understandably), and I missed your reply.

Basically you have 2 Skyrim maps and few DA:I zones for story reasons. Jesse doesnt know how it works, he played prologue area and a bit of NML+Novigrad area.

Thank you as well,

That is exactly the information I was after, I know that we can't know in detail until we play the game, but this sets my mind at ease.

Last edited:
Hey thanks, the moderators kind of threw my post into this thread (understandably), and I missed your reply. The more I think about what he said in the start of the video about zones, to me it counters what you, and a lot of other people have said or information that I have read directly from the developers.

Now disclaimer: That doesn't mean that what Jesse said should or would counter the information that you have, or have read. To put this in a extreme example, if you have a 10 year old kid that watches a movie, he will walk away from it differently then a 30 year old depending on the movie they both watched.

So with that said, I will wait to play the game, I obsess about things like this, it is why forums are a bad place for me right before a epic game is about to release.

Yeah the way it basically works is...

You start in White Orchard. Its a Prologue area designed to teach you game mechanics and set up the narrative. Its a small area that takes ~5-6hours to complete. After you are done you move on to the regions of Novigrad, No Mans Land, and Skellige. Novigrad and No Mans Land are one massive land region, there is no loading screen between them. However, Skellige is far across the sea so it is separated by a loading screen. There will be other small areas that are diversions throughout the story but those 3 regions is where the vast majority of the game takes place.

The rabbit hole goes deep.

The question now is

Top Bottom