Interesting interview in regards to the visual differences between past trailers and now

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't we just mod to get better graphics?
It's not the point, with mods, you simply cannot do "everything" and most importantly, they simply lied to us and didnt say the truth.. they never said "hey, sorry, but we cannot deliver those fine details, distance view, enhanced lighting etc." They stayed in silence and everybody know why.

That's all been true until this interview was released. However, Jose basically tells us: "It doesn't look like the trailers, but you shouldn't have expected that anyway" -> So we KNOW it won't look like that.

They also said on the IGN stream that essentially that was as good as it gets, it basically looked like the PS4 version to me which confirms the prior 'Platform unification' articles.

Definitely disappointed in this, I flat out feel lied to, hopefully on release this doesn't turn out to be reality.

Point is this...we have YET to see Ultra with all settings on (the IGN stream had AA, HBAO+ and many other graphical options turned off). So all this bs about game being downgraded and what not is POINTLESS until the game is out and in the hands of the public.

We shall see at launch countless more threads about this..a lot of people are waiting for Digital Foundry or DSO to make that performance thread on the PC version. Will I personally care? No..because I know for a fact my 980 won't handle all those effects turned on at ultra 60fps so I simply don't care.

All the 5+ hours of footage I have seen is enough for me to know that this will be the best open world game ever created and the most prettiest (and most of it showcased was the PC version).

Tell me how a few settings changes will bring this back.
View attachment 14078
View attachment 14079
AA and some HBAO+ with a little sharpening will not change the amount of detail that we were originally shown.

Attachments

• 1431505143146.jpg
    1431505143146.jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 1431503679904.jpg
    1431503679904.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 27
I look basically like my father... but I'm a female... something's wrong when time goes....

^^^ That first pic is the ugliest thing I have ever seen..it really hurts my eyes. There is a sharpening option in the game if you want it to look that grainy..uugh.

Brown and desaturated colors...yeah I'll gladly take this supposed "downgrade" over that brown thing.

AA and some HBAO+ with a little sharpening will not change the amount of detail that we were originally shown.
In what bizzaro world does that come close to even remotely looking good? ATROCIOUS sharpening artifacts on EVERYTHING, very poor lighting, subpixel artifacts all around, ringing. What kind of nonsense is this? People's heads are covered in radiantbloom halos like Hitman Absolution or Kane&Lynch as if they're point lights.

^^^ That first pic is the ugliest thing I have ever seen..it really hurts my eyes. There is a sharpening option in the game if you want it to look that grainy..uugh.

While I agree on the sharpening it cannot be denied there's a lot of missing detail. Simple as that. Comparing the houses it's absolutely apparent. I'm not saying it's looking bad and I'm not saying I won't enjoy it - I don't even have the hardware to play on anything but medium settings. However it's just not right to try and deny changes like these, constantly repeating it's looking "just the same". That is simply not fair and it's really the only complaint I'm having.

In what bizzaro world does that come close to even remotely looking good? ATROCIOUS sharpening artifacts on EVERYTHING, very poor lighting, subpixel artifacts all around, ringing. What kind of nonsense is this? People's heads are covered in radiantbloom halos like Hitman Absolution or Kane&Lynch as if they're point lights.

Literally everyone outside of this forum agrees that it looks infinitely better.

This is just flat out denial and damage control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom