Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wait.

Whoops. That's a 200W card. So if your system runs it, it should have no problem with the 970.

Well in any case, it's good to know which PSU you have anyways.. :whistle:

Yeah I just had a look:

It's a 600W PSU. That should have no problems right?

Yes I know the case needs cleaning, don't remind me, I'll get it done eventually. :p

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 54
More like levels it in performance. I think I'll go for the MSI card, it seems to be the best built of all variants. Cheers! :)
I would also consider the Asus one since that one has a backplate.

But yeah. Going from a 6950 to 970 will be a huge jump in performance. You're in for a nice surprise. :)

I see what you mean.

Attachments

• GTX 970.jpg
    GTX 970.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 89
  • ASUS GTX 970.jpg
    ASUS GTX 970.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
It's really up to you. Both cards are very similar in terms of cooling performance & noise. The MSI model overclocks a bit better but at the same time Asus has a backplate which should eliminate at least some of the sag that's common with heavy cards like these.

So if you're not into overclocking, I'd go with the Asus. But you can't go wrong with either.

I feel bad, very bad. My mood is getting worse, My mind is suffering several stand by states, nothing awakes my interest. Every single thread looks repeated and my soul feels mud.

Why?

I'm very sorry you're not feeling well! I sincerely hope things improve!

I can't chat to-day, unfortunately, so, all my best! I'll be back on Monday.

Everyone, have a round of Cognac on me! Here's to the Witcher!

Last edited:
I'm going a bit on topic but: holy crap did I get nostalgia feels from this:

That wallpaper was some of the first art/promo footage I saw from the original game and to see that CDPR is finally able to achieve their artistic vision with the current hardware and Red engine is just.. Well, it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside I guess. :p

I'm dying to play the game now. Tuesday can't come soon enough.

Source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NASfzt1C7aY

No spoilers there. Just some scenery footage from different locations in the game.

Depends on your goals. If you appreciate general purpose computing, you can spend more. Computers are useful not only for gaming.

I am developing, when I not play games. So I have a i7-490K, wich is fair enough. Also 16GB RAM. GPU is not needed for that.
But I really want to switch from AMD to nVidia. I have a 290X, but I am not very satisfied with AMD sadly :-
So I am now in conflict between waiting for the 980 Ti (wich would mean I have to wait a whole MONTH o_O ) for TW3, or bying a Titan X (I am really keen to do that, I have to admit).
Or maybe a 980 SLI? Or 970 SLI? But SLI would mean I also need a new PSU, I just have 660W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom