For those PC gamers who are craving for Min vs Max comparison

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the comparion video, unfortunately we don’t know how this video was created and what PC settings have been used. It compared an early PC version with a PS4 debug build without the day 1 patch. So it's quite an uncommon basic setting. Something went wrong here and therefore we spoke to the editorial team behind it - we both agreed something is not quite right and while we're figuring out what mistake has been made, we have removed the video. We do admit it looked pretty wonky, hence its removal.

It simply made the PC version look pretty bad and YT compression didn't help either. This was not the final build for PC on which we are working till the last moment.

There will be visible differences between console and PC (we always said so), stuff like:
- draw distance
- framerate
- resolution
-exclusive features such as hairworks

We're sorry about the confusion. We are just 4 days away from the release and we can't wait when the PC players will get their hands-on the game.

I certainly hope you're right and I'll be stalking youtube for comparison videos once the game is out.

Regarding the comparion video, unfortunately we don’t know how this video was created and what PC settings have been used. It compared an early PC version with a PS4 debug build without the day 1 patch. So it's quite an uncommon basic setting. Something went wrong here and therefore we spoke to the editorial team behind it - we both agreed something is not quite right and while we're figuring out what mistake has been made, we have removed the video. We do admit it looked pretty wonky, hence its removal.

It simply made the PC version look pretty bad and YT compression didn't help either. This was not the final build for PC on which we are working till the last moment.

There will be visible differences between console and PC (we always said so), stuff like:
- draw distance
- framerate
- resolution

We're sorry about the confusion. We are just 4 days away from the release and we can't wait when the PC players will get their hands-on the game.

Marcin you are a God among men.

Not at all. That was totally different - a store broke the street date and sold the game 1,5 week before the release. We didn't want the streamers to spoil the game for everyone. It's totally fine to stream the game now.

Ah I'm sure you won't answer me again - thank you for the first one.

But i meant in terms of graphic quality... so awkward... As in is IGN playing the exact game we are getting on Tuesday - graphics and all? Are the graphics for PC and PS4 actually that similar?

Nonetheless - thanks for taking your time to respond to this forum.

- draw distance
- framerate
- resolution

I've screencapped this and i'll hold you to it on release.

Hopefully i'm wrong but so far, the footage shown hasn't even came close to the promised 'SoD visual fidelities' made by yourself in the past.

Guys there was no downgrade because the products we saw before this, were not the REAL GAME. this is where the ISSUE is! The downgrades never existed because you can't downgrade what you don't have working. What we saw in 2013 / 2014 was a misrepresentation of a game that was clearly not in existence, other than those short clips. It was a pure hype tool. Welcome to the new marketing era.

Yeah, its like when building a house. They show this great house in the plans before they start building it, with high quality materials, triple isolation glass, all you ever wanted. But when its finished the materials used and the way it is finished is not what was in the plans. well, thats OK, Its not considered a downgrade because the house wasn't built yet!

They may get a Game of the year edition? But they can't get an EE - consoles are already maxed out on settings... what would an EE do for them?

well in TW1 it changed more then just graphics.. and in TW2 too if i remember correctly

- draw distance
- framerate
- resolution

Well, since you can't wait for PC players to get, and we would love to get it......How's about just releasing that unlocking patch on the sly like?

I've screencapped this and i'll hold you to it on release.

Hopefully i'm wrong but so far, the footage shown hasn't even came close to the promised 'SoD visual fidelities' made by yourself in the past.

Once again, the visual fidelity is the same. There are saturation/contrast/sharpening changes. The graphics fidelity is the same, or even improved.

People chill please!
I' watching let's playes of the game and maybe I need new glasses, but this game looks amazing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI020ktIaVA
Of course a E3 demo looks better! It is IN ENGINE not IN GAME graphic. Guys think: If a game is in development would you show what the best version of the game will look like or will you show the worst possible one? They worked hard for this game.
Please calm down, wait for the day one patch. The gameplay graphics from the let's playes look better than watch dogs ever did, so please chill!

People chill please!
I' watching let's playes of the game and maybe I need new glasses, but this game looks amazing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI020ktIaVA
Of course a E3 demo looks better! It is IN ENGINE not IN GAME graphic. Guys think: If a game is in development would you show what the best version of the game will look like or will you show the worst possible one? They worked hard for this game.
Please calm down, wait for the day one patch. The gameplay graphics from the let's playes look better than watch dogs ever did, so please chill!

Huh? No it was in game 0.O

Correct me if im wrong but I dont think that there has been an EE for xbox360 in TW2. So if it didnt happen then, what makes you think that they would release an EE only if its for all platforms in TW3? Besides, they wouldnt be the first company to leaves consoles out of certain patch contents. Look at games like Payday2 for example where, admittedly, the console community has been treated like shit but except for a couple angry ppl who know nothing better to do with their time but to spam the forums all day, nobody else seems to give a shit because they are on consoles and are used to getting treated like shit when it comes to update contents...

Not saying CDPR will treat consoles like shit. And not wishing it for console users. For all I care they deverse as much of a blast with the game and its content as any PC user would. Just saying it wouldnt be the first time console users are left out.

The entire point of an Enhanced Edition would be to 'enhance' the visuals. The consoles, which have a netbook CPU and a GPU architecture 3 generations old, already barely run the game at a acceptable framerate, and that likely took a lot of black magic to accomplish, so anything CDPR would add back in (surface tessellation, forward lit particles, original lighting engine etc.) would simply be impossible on consoles. There is simply no way CDPR releases a PC only upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom