For those PC gamers who are craving for Min vs Max comparison

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
They made the game for PC, it was incredible, but they had to downgrade so that they could sell the game to consoles. companies are getting bribed to use extra effort to downgrade an existing game because consoles can't keep up. We live in an age where corporations and brands inspire a bizarre, self-defeating loyalty.Anybody who finds themselves feeling any kind of loyalty to a corporate brand, who finds themselves feeling compelled to defend a corporation online or in conversation, should think about why they are doing that, and remember that this is absolutely a one way deal. Corporations will never love you back.

Obviously, those who cry about downgrade know nothing about game development. A huge part of game development means to optimize things to run smoothly. I don't think anyone wants real life graphics with 5 FPS, only there seems to be a lot of people who wants that.

In addition, people seem to misunderstand what RPG is about, it's not about benchmarking graphics. It seems like there should be a lot of people here who should be playing other games, because many people here seem to only care for graphics.

And people really have to stop crying about broken promises with the graphics. CDPR has been pretty specific that there will be changes to the game during the development process.

If you as a game developer, in 2013 claim that the game will look even better when it's out then you better deliver. They didn't. At least we have to assume that till we have the game installed on our PC's.

What is a fact is that the game doesn't come close to 2013 footage or even the 35 minute walkthrough atm. And no, games are not only about graphics that is true but people hate being lied to.

Is your unequivocal conlusion a well known fact, like the sun is 93 million miles away?

I actually did look at the comparison between 35 minutes demo and current game, results are below. Please take a look at them:
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/126470
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/126468
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/126469

Do you still think that "textures, draw distance, and mapping are the same"?

That's PC vs PS4, of course it's different.

I just hope that they'll patch it, I'll be playing this game for so long that I'll probably get it somewhere along the way in the 1st playtrough... fingers crossed!
That is judging from what we've seen recently, I'd like nothing more than to be wrong about this...

Obviously, those who cry about downgrade know nothing about game development. A huge part of game development means to optimize things to run smoothly.
You are confusing optimization with downgrade. The goal of optimization is to improve performance while retaining the same quality. Or improve quality while retaining the same performance - not improve performance by downgrading quality, or improving quality by degrading performance.
I will use an infamous car analogy:
You have a car that uses 15 litres of gas per 100 km and has a top speed of 200km/h (I'm Polish so I use metric values and European version of mileage).
The gas usage is too high. So you make some changes to the car, so that the usage drops to 10 litres per 100km and the top speed is still 200km/h - this is called optimization.
But when you reduce gas usage in such a way that the top speed drops to 100km/h this is no longer optimisation - it's a downgrade.

The denial is strong. Me and all my duplicate accounts cant do much against zealotry.
BTW I said what I wanted to, my money is back in my wallet and Ill check for myself if Im giving it away for Witcher 3.
Peace

---------- Updated at 12:02 AM ----------

You are confusing optimization with downgrade. The goal of optimization is to improve performance while retaining the same quality. Or improve quality while retaining the same performance - not improve performance by downgrading quality, or improving quality by degrading performance.
I will use an infamous car analogy:
You have a car that uses 15 litres of gas per 100 km and has a top speed of 200km/h (I'm Polish so I use metric values and European version of mileage).
The gas usage is too high. So you make some changes to the car, so that the usage drops to 10 litres per 100km and the top speed is still 200km/h - this is called optimization.
But when you reduce gas usage in such a way that the top speed drops to 100km/h this is no longer optimisation - it's a downgrade.

His point on optimization was so detached from reality I forgot to reply.
Ah, to be young again.

That's PC vs PS4, of course it's different.
Of course according to who? Seem like you just accused CDPR employee of lying:
http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=51 said:
It is impossible to make a game for three different platforms that will utilize all of the various platforms’ unique features and specs. It’s a technical fact.
Platform unification exists – we have a single build, which is distributed to each one of them. The game is the same; the draw distance is the same. Minor differences result from the fact that the GPU has different parameters on different consoles.

Q: Are all the textures and models the same?

A: Yes, there is only one version, otherwise we wouldn’t be able to make the game in time. Therefore, we have one common basis, and then transfer it to other platforms. To sum up, there are only a few differences between PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

Last edited:
If I see one more personal attack this thread is getting closed. I don't know how many warnings you people need.

Most people aren't used to recognizing when they are making personal attacks, and I'm comfortable asserting that many of the people wandering into this thread are a little.. emotionally charged.

I can see where a few here and there might miss the warnings, especially if they aren't reading the entirety of the thread. (Like some of us crazies) :)

No no what you mean is you just aren't buying into that said "lie". the lie still exists whether you fall for it or not. Thats a moot point there buddy.

My interpretation from footage of an unfinished game just differs to yours. But let's not argue about the "lie" being actually one or not, my main point is:
I was told being supportive, I wanted to clearify that I'm not being supportive, but realistic.
Consoles are not as powerful as PCs, games gonna look better on PCs than on consoles, but a game solely developed for PC would even look better.

Keeping this in mind, I just expected W3 not to live up to SoD level. And actually think CDPR did a really nice work, game now looks really stunning. (of course not as good as SoD, but stunning nevertheless)

No they didn't Look Closely. PS4 version is not as smooth and the PC version is more clear and higher definition with better framerate.
Make sure your video setting is 1080p.

I really hate to break it to you, but I can say exactly the same thing about virtually any game that was on a console, and is now on a PC. (Valkyria Chronicles actually springs to mind.)

I can also say the same thing about many of the PC games that I picked up 5-10 years ago.

This is an end effect of running on better hardware more than it is anything else.

In no way does it, implicitly or explicitly, represent a game that was developed to take advantage of the hardware that it is being run on.

Free speech doesn't mean you have the right to spout whatever bullcrap you want, wherever you want. These are privately hosted forums, not a public thoroughfare. And they have allowed this thread to go on for 36 pages. The threat to bury it comes due to some peoples' inability to act like civilized human beings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marcin just said the 35 min gameplay demo from 2014 it's the PC version we will all get in four days. this must be the best day 1 patch ever

It has nothing to do with burying someones opinion, they would not have to close threads or delete comments if people would voice their opinions in a civil manner. and that includes both sides of the argument.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something was definitely off looking about those comparisons, though imo. Especially the hair and stuff. It looked worse on PC than it did on PS4 (with hairworks disabled). Looked plastic-ish.

I spotted a few other glitchy looking discrepancies in their shots as well. I'm also suspective that could have had some impact on their performance testing, im afraid. Skewing the results to show better performances on their tested cards, because of gltiched stuff not being enabled properly. This is obviously speculation, though...It could have even resulted in worse performance, who knows.

Last edited:
EVERYONE needs to screenshot that quote he made for when the mods make some excuse to lock this thread and bring it to the forefront when the game is released.

mods do not need excuses to lock a thread because they have reasons, if people aren't going to be civil than the thread gets locked. people have no one to blame but themselves when that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom