PC footage with Day 1 patch?

+
And? He still states it looks bad because it is an old build, not because he is unsure what settings are used. Because he CAN'T say it looks bad because of the settings if he doesn't know what they were set to. This is what I stated. I linked to the entire post for reference.

So I am hoping the release day sees an updated build we have yet to see with the day 1 patch on PC. According to Marcin this is what we should expect.

Crazy thing is... even this version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJpWBMH9EtQ looks better than what we've been seeing this week.

What I don't get is all these claims that YT is the cause of all these poor videos.. But... everything we've seen so far, has been on youtube.... :/

Last edited:
No, he said the video made the PC version look bad, none of the other things that you claim. So please stop spreading false information.
"It simply made the PC version look pretty bad." Ask yourself why it made the PC version look bad and you'll see it is for the reasons I stated. It is an "early PC build."

I have to ask because I'm not entirely following your position and I don't think you follow mine. Are you saying the PC version is going to see no improvement at release? All I've done is repeat Marcin's words in that we'll see an improvement. You seem to be countering his position, yet you are saying I am spreading false information? You just sound angry without understanding what I'm saying. I think you think I'm attacking the game?

i have also seen some videos claiming to be pc build but they never showed settings and you could see they have been played with xbox and ps4 controllers so i would very careful to trust those videos and believe what has been said. =) just my point wait and see .. in the mean time i only trust screenshots from pcgamers that claim to be taken from the pc version ^^

I can't believe that you guys expect the day 1 patch to improve the visuals. Day 1 patch will fix a few bugs and such, also unlock the game. There will be no difference in visuals!

What we've seen in IGN and Gamespot streams is how the game will look like on PC.

correct me if am wrong @eclap78 but i am pretty sure they all played the console version . therefore you cant say how the pc version look .. non of those have the pc version ... not even pcgamer has it yet .. they waiting for it so they can start making there review. all current review are based on xbox and ps4

I can't believe that you guys expect the day 1 patch to improve the visuals. Day 1 patch will fix a few bugs and such, also unlock the game. There will be no difference in visuals!

What we've seen in IGN and Gamespot streams is how the game will look like on PC.

This. It's possible we'll receive some visual improvements in future packs or alongside the Expansions. But this is what we'll get, you just get to choose if you're happy with that or not. Have to admit I'm kinda fed up with all their PR-Talk dancing around it, but apart from that I believe we've got ourselves a great game ahead with decent graphics.

NoBlackThunder said:
correct me if am wrong @eclap78 but i am pretty sure they all played the console version . therefore you cant say how the pc version look .. non of those have the pc version ... not even pcgamer has it yet .. they waiting for it so they can start making there review. all current review are based on xbox and ps4

And how do you think PCGames was able to give us a pretty decent performance article? Not gonna translate the whole thing (http://www.pcgameshardware.de/The-Witcher-3-PC-237266/Specials/Technik-Test-1158845/), but it names several different GPUs (one of them being AMD which I doubt was present at a nVidia event), as well as purposely underclocking their CPU to get a decent idea of how much horsepower you'll need there. It all reads like they've been able to tinker with the game and their hardware, at least to me.

Last edited:

PC Games Hardware have the PC version and the IGN streams that took place this week also had the PC version running.

Am I allowed to comment on any graphical differences without being banned? It seems anyone mentioning differences is getting banned/censored now. Kinda sucks.

Actually, the IGN live play was very obviously PC. They mentioned it several times and even went so far as to show off the various settings. I believe the Gamespot one was on Xbox though-- not entirely sure because I didn't watch it.

PC Games Hardware have the PC version and the IGN streams that took place this week also had the PC version running.

Both IGN and GameSpot streamed a few hours. Both streamed the PC version. IGN were running a 980, not sure about Gamespot actually, think it was a 960.

Damn this is just sad. Holy crap, what happend to semi volumetric clouds? This skybox looks disgusting. Something straight out of a 2005 game or something.

Here's the source http://www.pcgameshardware.de/The-Witcher-3-PC-237266/News/Maximale-Grafik-1158918/galerie/2373226/

Some of the skyboxes look ok, some of them dawn right awful.

---------- Updated at 02:57 PM ----------

Actually, the IGN live play was very obviously PC. They mentioned it several times and even went so far as to show off the various settings. I believe the Gamespot one was on Xbox though-- not entirely sure because I didn't watch it.

Gamespot streamed the PC version too.

Damn this is just sad. Holy crap, what happend to semi volumetric clouds? This skybox looks disgusting. Something straight out of a 2005 game or something.
Supposedly still in the game, but they're not actually "sky-high". It's only for clouds that you see around mountain tops and stuff, not the ones you'd see staring upwards.

Am I allowed to comment on any graphical differences without being banned? It seems anyone mentioning differences is getting banned/censored now. Kinda sucks.

Yes, of course you are. However, there are certain topics considered closed, primarily those that have already been discussed heavily in the three "downgrade" threads that had several hundred pages of posts each (because, you see, we were censoring them). We also require people to follow the forum rules, which means that the discussion must be kept civil.

Top Bottom