320mb patch fails to install

+
320mb patch fails to install

GoG Galaxy downloads the patch, and then says "Moving" for a second, before popping up that "Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Installation Failed"I've tried manually patching, but it says the game is not installed.Help please!

Did you guys try verify/repair button in the Galaxy client?

Haven't tried it myself, but maybe it could help?

Wanted to do that, but unfortunately the button is greyed-out and non-clickable. I also tried to install the patch manually by downloading it from the GOG website, but it says that the game is not installed when I try to execute it.

Staley, did you copy the files from somewhere before this issue?I'm having this problem on my laptop, where I copied the files from my desktop (to avoid another 25gb dl)My desktop (where the files were originally DL'd through GOG galaxy) has patched and is playable, but it's like the laptop can't recognize the files even though I've used the "import" feature on the folder (perhaps because it's pre-release files?)

Nope, I didn't move the files. But what I did is configuring Galaxy to download and install games on another drive. Now, it seems like Galaxy did download the patch file to my C drive and tried to install it from there, regardless of my actual settings in Galaxy.

I have found a way to at least force Galaxy to verify the files:
1. Close Galaxy
2. Go to W3 install folder
3. Delete goggame-galaxyFileList.cfg and goggame-1207664643.info
4. Start Galaxy
It will then tell you that the game is damaged and now you can verify the files. That seems to take some time (I'm at 26% right now). Maybe there are in fact some files missing and that procedure will help. Let's pray ;)

1. Close Galaxy
4. Start Galaxy
It will then tell you that the game is damaged and now you can verify the files. That seems to take some time (I'm at 26% right now). Maybe there are in fact some files missing and that procedure will help. Let's pray ;)

WORKS!! Wotks for me, I backed up the folder, uninstall it, restore the folder to it's original place, start galaxy and import.

Yup, worked for me, too. :) After the verification Galaxy loaded roughly 600 MB and then evrything worked like a charm. ;)

I am having the same issue. I was kinda dissapointed when I found my game is registered to gog instead of steam. Well but I tought its not that bad. Now I know. It is actually not working. Waste of money. It does not work. I reconsidering re-purchase it again on steam. I bet it would not happened. All games updated nice and easy. What is GOG advantage really? Shit on players that get the game legaly and paid for it? NOW I HAVE TO FIND A WAY HOW TO HACK AND CRACK IT TO PLAY? RLY? GJ!!!

Edited: Ok, I was following your advices, uninstall and downloaded it ALL again during whole day. Galaxy client now stucked on 100% downloading like 3 hours.. sometimes drop back to 97 then back to 100% but still downloading / installing and not playable. Stucked on one place. Good game client. Deffinitely worth to try. 9 of 10 gamers considering this client beating steam in every way. GJ

I would deffinitely NOT RECOMMEND GOG GALAXY games to anyone who is my friend no matter how their prices are "reasonable". Actually the game expansion is cheaper on steam. Wtf. Why do I have to get gog version??? I wanted steam to just download and play. All those bullshits about "non DRM" and "player-friendly" politics....

Last edited:
patch fails for me but never completes the download, best i've seen is 34% before it crashes with the "witcher 3 wild hunt installation failed" error.
game unplayable

Hey Guys
I had same problem , but i deleted this shit gog launcher and downloaded manually the patch 1.01 from this http://play.thewitcher.com/.
After this I installed this patch and game working fine without gog ;)
I hope that i help you guys with this advice.

1. Close Galaxy
4. Start Galaxy

I tried to reinstall the game and got stuck with "moving" and 'configuring" messages, this solved the problem

Top Bottom