Need some advice (new player)

+
Need some advice (new player)

So, Ive been playing for a while now. Currently level 4 and I have progressed a little bit on the main story and done a couple of sidequests, explored and all that fun.

But the thing is, I seem to never find any gear nor weapon upgrades and I can only make 3 bombs, which I have no idea how to get the ingredients for, and I can only craft 2x different chests which are barely no upgrades at all.

Is this normal, really slow start or am I just doing something really wrong, I know I havent gotten far into the game but just curious.

Any tips would be greatful as long as theres no real spoilers :)

---------- Updated at 12:14 PM ----------

Nothing? :/

Don't worry, it's normal, because it's "just a tip of that giant iceberg".
The more you will explore, the more you will find. Basic recipes for bombs, oils and ingredients are to encourage you in your explorations. Check clues on notice boards, listen to gossips in villages, search for treasure maps, recipes and ingredients in merchant stocks. In other words - enjoy the open world.
About ingredients - lot of basic herbs and materials can be traded with herbalists, alchemists and blacksmiths.

Appreciate the reply, just one more thing. I have quite a lot of junk items I can either sell or dismantle, is it worth dismantling these low level items? And any tips on how to get food. Its really expensive in the stores.

Appreciate the reply, just one more thing. I have quite a lot of junk items I can either sell or dismantle, is it worth dismantling these low level items? And any tips on how to get food. Its really expensive in the stores.

It is relatively expensive, because being a witcher is not a well paid job and there is no "easy way". In most scenarios, you have to take a contract (monster hunt), but sometimes you will have to steal or raid a tomb to get extra gold. If you have problems with health regen, remember that potion Swallow is your bread and butter, additionally you can always use 1 skill point on perk "Sun and Stars". I use it in early game on Death March difficulty (t's more useful that it looks).
Have a nice day!

Last edited:
Top Bottom