I need performance optimization help from people that know stuff

+
I need performance optimization help from people that know stuff

It turns out the game runs on my humble dual core and lowest settings. I am glad it does and I can keep playing on lowest, no problem.

Now I am no computer expert and I don't know how things work and what all the graphic options do, that is why I am asking here hoping people who do know can help me.

The thing is that, and I know this from experience, lowest graphics don't always offer the best performance.

I assume that is because the CPU is mostly used in low settings, because when I raised some graphics options to higher in other games and the "weight" transfered to the GPU, it was overall much better and smoother.

My GPU is stronger than my CPU and I want to transfer processing power to it.

So I'd like to know which of the game's options I can change so that happens.

Or if what I say is not true, why did it work in other games and how could it work in this one?

Thanks for reading.

---------- Updated at 04:21 PM ----------

I'll just bump this once and I'll let it go if noone answers.

I haven't checked the fps, I don't know how.

My GPU is HD5870, also I got a E8400, 4gb RAM and Win7 64bit.

It doesn't go absolutely smooth, but it's very playable, better at times. I imagine in some points, great battles it will be bad, but I assume, like Skyrim, 99% of the game will be chilling and exploring, so I can live with it.

start by playing with the resolution

I haven't checked the fps, I don't know how.

My GPU is HD5870, also I got a E8400, 4gb RAM and Win7 64bit.

It doesn't go absolutely smooth, but it's very playable, better at times. I imagine in some points, great battles it will be bad, but I assume, like Skyrim, 99% of the game will be chilling and exploring, so I can live with it.

It think you are under minimal requirements on every thing you posted but O.S. So, you will need to made compromises.

I'm not an expert, but RedEngine 2 use to forgive lower specs for the lower resolutions. May the same trick may work with RedEngine 3.

I'm am under minimal requirements for the GPU, too. I have a HD6870, so in that aspect we are pretty close. I'm getting 1600x900@ 28/36pfs.
My graphics settings are a mix of low and meddium.
My preprocessing settings are meddium.

Well, turning off GameWorks is a must. Reducing Foliage distance also will help. Try Medium settings and see how well it runs. Then tweak up/down each setting individually and see how it performs.

imho, for "performance optimization help " we should ask to CDPR to do what they should have do since the beginning instead of spending their time creating fake visual render / gameplay trailer with "over boosted" graphic. :/

---------- Updated at 05:58 PM ----------

no magic is possible with the little tweak we have access to via files, it at start the game is very baddly optimized. Just saying.

Top Bottom