Devil By The Well

+
Devil By The Well

Is dead, i killed it myself after burning the body and spawning the mob!

Yet the quest says she is still alive.

This keeps the village from being re-populated, there is also an abandoned shrine nearby that won't spawn it's 'protector' leaving that quest unfinishable!

On Xbox One!

Is dead, i killed it myself after burning the body and spawning the mob!

Yet the quest says she is still alive.

This keeps the village from being re-populated, there is also an abandoned shrine nearby that won't spawn it's 'protector' leaving that quest unfinishable!

On Xbox One!

You found the bracelet in the well also? I did it out of sequence weirdly but it worked for me

It's the same for me on pc most likely as the shrine doesn't respawn even if I've cleared out everything around it. I got contract finished, got my reward and found the body/bracelet and everything. If I have to guess however what is keeping the shrine for respawning I think it's this quest.

You found the bracelet in the well also? I did it out of sequence weirdly but it worked for me

Yes i found the bracelet, read the bestiary and burned the corpse just before noon, i then killed the wraith, only to be told by the quest log that the wraith is still alive, ie i have not killed it!

Last edited:
Quest worked fine for me doing all steps. I cleared several places and had them repopulate just fine too. Are you SURE you actually did what you think you did?

Quest worked fine for me doing all steps. I cleared several places and had them repopulate just fine too. Are you SURE you actually did what you think you did?

Yes i'm sure! And even if i wasn't sure the death of the noonwraith should still finish the quest, it hasn't!

Did you find her diary?

Yes! Everything alluding to the quest is ticked green, including the reading of the diary, the only part of the quest that has a red cross through it, is the part saying, 'kill the noonwraith' and trust me she's dead! Well deader than she was already!

I make light of it, but it's a very frustrating bug!

---------- Updated at 11:33 AM ----------

The Noonwraith is dead! Yet..

Attachments

• Wed_May_20_12-21-56_UTC+0100_2015.jpg
    Wed_May_20_12-21-56_UTC+0100_2015.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 144
Hi there,

please tell me the following things:

1) Did you engage the Noonwraith at any time before you burned the body/bracelet?
2) Judging by your screenshot, the Quest is marked as completed overall (just because there is one failed objective doesn't mean the quest can't be complete)
3) Can you give me ascreenshot with the additional Quest Objectives showing (scroll down on the objective list) , as well as the Description on the right. It will let me assess more clearly what happened.

I will see if I can find out the issue.

Hi there,

please tell me the following things:

1) Did you engage the Noonwraith at any time before you burned the body/bracelet?
2) Judging by your screenshot, the Quest is marked as completed overall (just because there is one failed objective doesn't mean the quest can't be complete)
3) Can you give me ascreenshot with the additional Quest Objectives showing (scroll down on the objective list) , as well as the Description on the right. It will let me assess more clearly what happened.

I will see if I can find out the issue.

1: The Wraith attacked me once prior to the quest and i backed off, doing no damage!

2: Surely if the Noonwraith is dead, that is the end! Regardless! !

3: Here is the quest text telling me i have removed the Noonwraith!

---------- Updated at 12:14 PM ----------

Here is more text telling me the Wraith is dead, yet alive!

Attachments

• Wed_May_20_13-03-47_UTC+0100_2015.jpg
    Wed_May_20_13-03-47_UTC+0100_2015.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 127
  • Wed_May_20_13-11-58_UTC+0100_2015.jpg
    Wed_May_20_13-11-58_UTC+0100_2015.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
@GingerEffect
Its not the only case. There are few quests like that. If we do something not the order that was intendted the quest can bug.
Examples:
If you pick herb before talking to herbalist in griffon quest whole part can be marked as failed (you will never meet hunter/herbalists). It will jump right to the end.
If you kill wraith before getting viper school quest you wont be able to return there, quest will be stuck.
If you loot the chest before reading note in Dirty Funds it also wont update.
I can see only solution is saving alot and backtracking if we do something earlier than intended.
I hope we will see patch soon :) Other than that -> GREAT GAME.

Last edited:
From what I can see here, the Quest is indeed succeeded and should be counted as such. Have you left the area and waited for a time? In this particular case, the repopulation will not happen until a couple of days after the quest has been succeeded.

This is about the only thing I can think of at this point. If waiting won't solve the issue, please let us know here and Tech Support will make this into a full bug and we will investigate further.

From what I can see here, the Quest is indeed succeeded and should be counted as such. Have you left the area and waited for a time? In this particular case, the repopulation will not happen until a couple of days after the quest has been succeeded.

This is about the only thing I can think of at this point. If waiting won't solve the issue, please let us know here and Tech Support will make this into a full bug and we will investigate further.

I've waited now for over a week gametime and left the area completely only to return and find the village still unpopulated, this in turn has blocked the shrine quest outside the village as no mobs spawn so you can clear it!

I've waited now for over a week gametime and left the area completely only to return and find the village still unpopulated, this in turn has blocked the shrine quest outside the village as no mobs spawn so you can clear it!

Hi there,

alright. Please do the following:

1) Go here: http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

2) Contact Support, select your Platform, and write a message to them. Make sure to mention that this is related to Noonwraith Quest and mention this thread in reference.

3) Also, make sure to attach a savegame!! This is important so I can properly debug the issue.

I am sorry you are having this issue but I will attempt to get to the root of it as soon as possible! Hope you will continue to enjoy the game regardless!

@GingerEffect Is Hovel actually supposed to repopulate? I thought the purpose here was to find fresh drinking water.

The abandoned sites are the shrine in the south and the sawmill, as far as I could tell.

Im gonna go "Huh" aswell, the abandon town with the noonwraith can be repopulated?.

Well im guessing my game is bugged aswell. I did all the steps, and i never saw anyone move in after i lit the bones and killed the wraith. And i went past the town after i had been questing for awhile in Velen, so more then a couple of days went by..

Hovel is in far worse a state than any of the other "Abandoned" sites. It is more like those un-named burnt out and 'returning to nature' sites that crop up along the roads... it is named because of a monster quest... but I can't see how it can be treated as 'livable'.

My apologies, I may have been a bit unclear.

There is no full repopulation happening in that area (like with certain other liberated areas).

However,
if you go talk to Tomira after banishing the Noonwraith, she will put down a wreath on one of the graves there. Additionally, after 2 days some washerwomen from the nearby village will wander to the well to....do laundry.

I was assuming this is what was missing for the OP. If this is not the case, please let me know. A full repopulation is not intended for this place.

My apologies, I may have been a bit unclear.

There is no full repopulation happening in that area (like with certain other liberated areas).

However,
if you go talk to Tomira after banishing the Noonwraith, she will put down a wreath on one of the graves there. Additionally, after 2 days some washerwomen from the nearby village will wander to the well to....do laundry.

I was assuming this is what was missing for the OP. If this is not the case, please let me know. A full repopulation is not intended for this place.

Mr. @GingerEffect , I am playing the PS4 version, and this contract DEVIL BY THE WELL is the only one that I can't even find in the notice board on White Orchard, already finished the game, with 25/26 contracts, this one is the only one that doesnt even show up for me to pick. Other players have the same issue on this topic: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/44985-Cannot-start-quot-Devil-by-the-well-quot-Contract

Top Bottom