[PS4] Text is too small

+
They did the same in TW2 (in my opinion). I'll wait for changes to play. My eyes bleeds now

They did the same in TW2 (in my opinion). I'll wait for changes to play. My eyes bleeds now

I can't remember having this problem on Witcher 2... Then again, I was late to the party that time, so perhaps it had been patched by the time I played it? I played it on X360; does anyone remember if that version had an option to change font size?

But yea, I know what you mean by bleeding eyes... I spent three hours with the game last night, and while I'm LOVING the gameplay and story, it annoys me that whenever I need to read something on screen - which is OFTEN - I can't do so without squinting or moving closer to my TV...

Last edited:
Sorry for my English i am Italian :-D. I totally agree. The text is too small and for me the font is wrong too. I wont a 'fantasy' font like and not this shopping list style. It's alienating too see arial style on scrolls, signs, books and all the in game objects...They don't deep me in the game. Please implement calligraphy on them (u can keep arial for description and dialogs if u wont). My 2 cent

I can't remember having this problem on Witcher 2... Then again, I was late to the party that time, so perhaps it had been patched by the time I played it? I played it on X360; does anyone remember if that version had an option to change font size?

But yea, I know what you mean by bleeding eyes... I spent three hours with the game last night, and while I'm LOVING the gameplay and story, it annoys me that whenever I need to read something on screen - which is OFTEN - I can't do so without squinting or moving closer to my TV...

Yes The Witcher 2 on Xbox 360 have an option to choose the front size, I dont know if this is due to a patch or not.

I wont a 'fantasy' font like and not this shopping list style. It's alienating too see arial style on scrolls, signs, books and all the in game objects...They don't deep me in the game. Please implement calligraphy on them (u can keep arial for description and dialogs if u wont). My 2 cent

I respectfully disagree. :) Readability always comes before "style" for me, and I think it's a mistake when people use overly stylish fonts to make the text appear handwritten. After all, fantasy novels are usually printed in Times New Roman (or similar) font, and people seldom complain about it making the stories any less fantastical...

Of course, those are just my $0.02. ;)

I agree with you. Indeed i don't want an unreadeable style just one more pertinent at least in the in game objects not description,dialogue and so on

What, am I missing something? Has the text size been changed already?

No, but the PS4 zoom function do it well. It is very Useful for reading books and similar. So until a patch for text size is coming I will use the zoom function.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the reports guys, your feedback means a lot to us. We are aware of the issue and will adress it in one of the upcoming patches.

For me the text is fine, I hope the patch is an option to change text size and not simply an overall change.

Please make the update an option.

Top Bottom