Geralt isn t as "weighty" as in TW2

+
Geralt isn t as "weighty" as in TW2

has anyone else noticed this? it s very off putting to me:( Geralt feels very "light" ... he just moves too fast .. it s like i m gliding on the terain. in TW2 it was MUCH better :( you could feel the weight of the armor and the swords on him :(

He is supposed to be fast moving, that is pretty much the trademark of the witchers. So in that regard W3 is truer to the lore.

He has superhuman strength.. He'd be a like an olympic gymnast, powerlifter, and sprinter on super steroids. Clunky and slow wouldn't make sense.

He has superhuman strength.. He'd be a like an olympic gymnast, powerlifter, and sprinter on super steroids. Clunky and slow wouldn't make sense.

I agree think in W2 they got that a bit wrong, Geralt isn't a normal soldier he is superhuman in strength and abilities, he wouldn't feel the weight of armor and weapons like normal men would.

yeah from a lore point of view you re right. but i still like how the character felt in TW2 more :(

That's why I use CTRL to switch to walk only, because the normal running movement is useless when in a smaller corridors or there are people around you. It's only good usable in large exteriors.

But something is wrong, movements feel bad outside combat. Also Batman is a superhero, but in the Batman games his movements and controls feel way more natural and easy to manage.

I agree think in W2 they got that a bit wrong, Geralt isn't a normal soldier he is superhuman in strength and abilities, he wouldn't feel the weight of armor and weapons like normal men would.

To him a two handed sword, which isn't that unwieldy if you've ever held one, would feel about as heavy as a knife. Witchers could wield really heavy poleweapons and make them look like they were handling a light dowel. Considering they fight giant monsters, it doesn't really make sense that they don't come to think of it..

has anyone else noticed this? it s very off putting to me:( Geralt feels very "light" ... he just moves too fast .. it s like i m gliding on the terain. in TW2 it was MUCH better :( you could feel the weight of the armor and the swords on him :(

Not good in the situations of walking around or traversing through the world.
Great however in a fight since this is basically how a Witcher is supposed to fight.

Top Bottom