An Eye for an Eye Quest Bug (Spoilers)

+
An Eye for an Eye Quest Bug (Spoilers)

So I got the An "Eye for an Eye" quest and put it aside, to go do other quests. When I came back to it, I go to the location that is marked on the map and the character I am suppose to meet does not show up. I have tried multiple things. One meditating at the sight for 1 hour then 2 so on and so forth up to 11. Nothing happened. Second I tried fast traveling from many different locations including the one that is closest to where the character gives you the quest. Nothing. I tried going to the location he gives you the quest from and riding my horse. Nothing. I tried talking to him and fast traveling, and then talking to him and riding my horse. Nothing. Then I tried talking to him after I got the quest to gather help, which gave me a new dialogue option. Again tried fast travel and riding my horse but nothing. Now I am at the point where I cannot finish the main storyline, because I cannot complete this quest. I play on PS4. I don't remember how missions I preformed after, but I do know that when I first went back to the quest to try to complete it, I had just helped Triss escape the city and one fat dude, forgetting his name right now, wants you to help set up the king assassination.

Guest 3820426

I have the exact same issue. It's such a shame as well. I've done every available side quest and contract possible in all regions and all I've got left is Eye for an Eye and the main story quests that there's no way I'd wanna restart from scratch.

Mekc

Forum regular
I have the exact same issue. It's such a shame as well. I've done every available side quest and contract possible in all regions and all I've got left is Eye for an Eye and the main story quests that there's no way I'd wanna restart from scratch.

Same here. Finished all other locations Brothers in Arms quests, finished all Contracts I can do at this level, finished a lot of secondary quests and stuck on "An Eye for an Eye" quest for the main storyline.

Very sad.

Yup, I am having the same problem as well. I read elsewhere it could be due to the order of quests you complete, apparently if you complete Deadly Plot
(where you help the plot to kill Radovid)
first it makes this one uncompleted.

I've just got to the point where you have to gather allies to help defent Kaer Morhan - do you need to get all the allies in order to complete the game or must I restart? :(

Guest 3820426

Have now hit the point in the story quests where this bug completely halts progress.. This makes me very sad. :(

You can still finish the game despite this bugged quest, the quest to gather Vernon Roche will instead just fail.

Posting this again so the developers hopefully see it. This is probably a really easy fix if the code isn't some giant mess (just need one more check to account for doing "A Deadly Plot" before finishing "Eye for an Eye")

How to reproduce:
1. Start "Eye for an Eye"
2. Quest will read meet Roche at the Hang Mans Tree
2. Do "A Deadly Plot." Roche is moved to the Passiflora and then moved back to his camp during the quest (Roche is now permanently removed from the Hang Mans Tree location and will not run there).
3. After "A Deadly Plot" is finished, Roche will remain in his camp and there will be no option for him to move out to the Hang Mans Tree.
4. "Eye for an Eye" is now impossible to complete. Saving and reloading does nothing. Traveling to other zones or long distances changes nothing. Quest is borked.
5. It is now impossible to get everything for the Isle of Mists quest (worst part of this, makes this a severe bug)

Effects all versions of the game.

Last edited:

Mekc

Forum regular
Guys, I'm the most lucky man ever...

I waited for 2 days for this to be fixed, but after no fix in 1.04, I decided to skip Roche and go on. After that, at a big boss fight, I found out that my glyphs were bugged (can't cast them at all, in battle or not in battle). And I have to load 3 hours of gameplay and go back to a moment just after the "Isle of Mists" quest.

Fun?

Playing on difficulties 3 and 4 only. The fights are quite hard and imagine how fun it is to replay...

Mekc

Forum regular
I think I'll just finish the game without him on 3rd difficulty, and then, when it is fixed, I will try to finish it on 4th.

And so - can anyone say - fight with Imlerith - how far is it into the main quest? 80%?

Mekc

Forum regular
Well I loaded again, crafted the Dimeritrium bomb (the signs bugged again, so I needed it to fix everything).

And so skipped Roche and went on into the quest. Even that "An Eye for an Eye" failed, Roche is again in the plot. So... Of course it's sad to skip Roche and Ves for the Brother's in Arms, but it doesn't really change anything.

Top Bottom