Just because I Hate Elves does not mean I am Racist

+
Just because I Hate Elves does not mean I am Racist

Loving this game, most fun I have had gaming since I played FF 7 on PS 1. However a couple of little things are concerning me.

I have heard people saying that you are supposed to help the tree hugging-Terrorist elves, and if you don't then you must be a racist, but I disagree, I hate elves and I belive I am making humanity a better place by eliminating them. Admitedly this is probably more to do with the Witcher 2, that I just finished. Some of the dialouge options kind of made me try and side with that terrorist Elf, Iorveth, and although I wanted to kill him, I was never really given the chance, I just hope the Devs realise that I can be a Lawful Good kind of character (ok Chaotic Good/Neutral if I am to be honest, but don;t tell the DM) and still want to eliminate elves. Now the reason that it is not racist is that they are a different species, they are not human and are therefore a competitor in the same ecological niche (also all elves are so up themselves and arrogant, but that is beside the point,

Now for the real racism in the game, this could also cause a bit of a problem, for the sake of the story I have agreed to follow Yenifer, the treasonous whore and pretend to be helping out the Nilfgardean SCUM, but I am hopeful that I will be given the chance to reunite with Roche and defend the north from said scum. I was so pissed that Yenefer had sided with the empire that I did not even try and Bed her. Now, since in the first game I turned down a Shag from Triss (for the Magic resistence), and in order to get back at Yennefer, I am gonna shag Triss's brains out when I find her.

Well hope noone takes any of that too seriously, even if I am forced into making some decisions I do not completely agree with (and I admit it is probably more because I came from W2 where I played as a loyal Temerian rather than following the wider Witcher lore) It is cool to be playing such a magnificent RPG; the story is awesome and I have not even been tempted to skip any of the dialogue. I just hope there is sufficent scope in the story options for my character to avoid becoming either Chaotic Evil, or a supposedly Good but in fact stinking rotten Elf/Nilfguardian Whore lover. Well now that is off my chest back to playing/lurking.

If you just hate ANY Elve no mater what the Elve has or hasn't done in his life, it is racism, pure and simple.

You can hate Elves, that have killed humans, but that is something different.

The definition of 2 different species is they cannot intercourse and otherwise produce fertile offspring. Humans and elves however can fuck each other. So no, it's one single species.

What if you hate an entire race because of their culture and not due to the race itself?

For example:

Human hates elf because they are different, because they are elven. Racism - easy.

But what about culture? Hating someone for their culture isnt racicsm is it?

Example:

Human hates elves because of their culture.
Human ALSO hates other humans due to their culture.

In this case race is irrelevant and thus not racism?

Top Bottom