Are there missable gwent cards?

+
Are there missable gwent cards?

I am past the Bloody Baron's quests, and I am just starting to get interested in Gwent. The problem is, if it is impossible for me to get every card, I'm not even going to bother to try. I only played the first game and I never bought them from White Orchid.

Basically, are there missable cards, because if so, I am not going to even bother to try to get into it. It kind of bugs me that I won't be able to collect them all unless I start over.

The cards from White Orchard are indeed missable. You need the one to complete the set. However CDPR have already stated they plan to patch the cards in elsewhere. Other then that the only missable cards I can recall are from a few quests. Like a certain dwarf friend quest and also the ones acquired from the gwent tournament.

So if I already did the Bloody Baron quests there is no point in even trying? Thanks. Seems a shame to miss out on such a fleshed out game, but there is no point, in my opinion, if the mini game is incomplete.

Well no some quests don't operate in this way. For example the Barons quest. After finished you can still find his unique card in his office. This is the case for many of the quests. Except 2 that I know of. The previously mentioned ones. Sorry should have clarified.

Missable items get on my nerves, unless they're tied to some quest I didn't do or story decision that I made. I wanna play through the other stuff first before I get to Gwent so it would be cool if I could have a chance to get all the cards even if I'm far into the story. Of course, these are nit-picky things for an awesome game like this.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't think your able to beat the game and then get all the gwent cards. Especially considering where some of the cards come from and the possible endings (Haven't finished yet). However there is what I assume only a handful that would be required to get before the end. Most cards lost because of choices in quests can still be obtained. Such as the Barons card or the one in DownWarren.

Not sure how the end of the game works though. Regardless Gwent is very enjoyable and a shame to miss out on. Also it can make you quite a bit if coin. 9k for the tournament for example.

Could always grab a gwent guide to missable cards. There's one on the Xbox Achievements forum that I know of. I'd link it but I'm on my phone.

The cards sold by Elsa are missable

I know because a lot of people are complaining that they cant get those cards anymore after the prologue

I would have wished that almost all of the cards (excepting perhaps a few very specially placed quest cards or the like) placement was random so the same person/vendor/quest would not have the same cards each game.

I would have wished that almost all of the cards (excepting perhaps a few very specially placed quest cards or the like) placement was random so the same person/vendor/quest would not have the same cards each game.

The problem with this is like one we already face when trying to get all the cards. The cards randomly earned from merchants etc are hard to get simply because you can only get one card per merchant. Meaning to collect them all you need an amazing memory or pen and paper. It would of been nice if the gwent option was at least greyed out on people you've already played.

The problem with this is like one we already face when trying to get all the cards. The cards randomly earned from merchants etc are hard to get simply because you can only get one card per merchant. Meaning to collect them all you need an amazing memory or pen and paper. It would of been nice if the gwent option was at least greyed out on people you've already played.

Doesn't it for you? Everyone I've beaten is greyed out.

Doesn't it for you? Everyone I've beaten is greyed out.

I'm playing Xbox currently (Not sure if this makes a difference) but no my merchants I've already played do not grey out afterwards. I can win once and immediately go back and it will still be lit up. Hoping this is indeed a glitch as it makes finding the right people impossible. I've played countless matches expecting a card and get leather or some other useless item.

I could be wrong but I think these are missable. Minor spoilers for main story:

You go to a masquerade party with Triss, you can play Gwent at a table here. I believe these can only be obtained at the party and not after.

I am past the Bloody Baron's quests, and I am just starting to get interested in Gwent. The problem is, if it is impossible for me to get every card, I'm not even going to bother to try. I only played the first game and I never bought them from White Orchid.

Basically, are there missable cards, because if so, I am not going to even bother to try to get into it. It kind of bugs me that I won't be able to collect them all unless I start over.

Did you beat the first gwent player in the prolog, the "gwent tutorial guy" in the White Orchard Tavern? For a win he give the Zoltan Chivay card. If you won't beat him, like me and many many other players (hey it was the first game!), is this Card also missable + the cards the sold from the innkeeperess at White Orchard Tavern.

Hope ALL White Orchard Tavern cards, Innkeeperess + Tutorial Guy, get patched back in the game very soon!

How do you get cards? I beat the guard at that royal place of Vizima but only got gold?

Edit: Just saw the Gwent sticky. Going to post this over there.

Did you beat the first gwent player in the prolog, the "gwent tutorial guy" in the White Orchard Tavern? For a win he give the Zoltan Chivay card. If you won't beat him, like me and many many other players (hey it was the first game!), is this Card also missable + the cards the sold from the innkeeperess at White Orchard Tavern.

Hope ALL White Orchard Tavern cards, Innkeeperess + Tutorial Guy, get patched back in the game very soon!

I did beat him, but that was the only Gwent game I played until well past Bloody Baron's quests. Just now I am interested in getting started but it is too late if I want to collect the mall, and since it is impossible to collect them all, I have no interest in even trying to get into it. Seems a shame since CDPR put so much work into a full fledged game within a game, but I'm not going to touch it unless I can complete it.

I did beat him, but that was the only Gwent game I played until well past Bloody Baron's quests. Just now I am interested in getting started but it is too late if I want to collect the mall, and since it is impossible to collect them all, I have no interest in even trying to get into it. Seems a shame since CDPR put so much work into a full fledged game within a game, but I'm not going to touch it unless I can complete it.

If you completed that first match and won and assuming you bought the White Orchard cards. But this doesn't matter really because as stated they will arrive in a patch. Then you are able to get the full gwent deck and thus the achievement.

I'll post the missable cards that I know of in a spoiler tag. No actual story spoilers except a few characters that hold these cards.

This isn't in order and is off the top of my head.

Zoltan presents you with a quest later on that can result in obtaining 3 cards.

All the gwent quests can be missed but only by proceeding to the final part in the game.

There is a costume party as a optional quest for Triss. Youll have to win all three matches to get these cards.

The actual Gwent tournament in Novigrad contains three more.

Besides these quests I know of none othera that are actually missable. In any case these are the big ones. If you haven't missed any yet you can still get all the cards. Assuming they patch the White Orchards cards in soon.

One last thing. I'm not sure if the card gained from the Royal Palace is Vizima is missable or not. If it is that's terrible because he has a difficult deck to beat.

Ah, it is too late for me then. No point in even trying. Shame, because it seems so in depth too. I hope CDPR decided to patch in all the cards, because I am going to miss out on a large chunk of the game.

Hi all I am missing the merchant from Downwarren and I am not sure if I have played him or not. I am missing around 3 cards now and I am struggling to find who I haven't played to get the random given cards! Anyone else with this problem?

yeah I been making sure to play ever single hand I can each time I meet someone right away. Completely out of fear they might not be there when I return. I though I read there are 10-20 cards which could be missed by mistake.

Top Bottom