Whats wrong with the AA in this game ?

+
So, is it just me or is the AntiAliasing in this game just god-awful ? Jagged edges whereever I look, and the ingame AA doesnt really help much either. Even with DSR it still looks terrible (on top of that DSR also blurs everything). Is there any chance we can get proper Ubersampling for this game working ? I have already tried any thinkable method for injecting MSAA, but nothing works. Are we just stuck with this AA ?

You can still use normal downsampling with Nvidia GPUs. And I don't mean DSR crap.

1) Disable DSR in Global settings
2) Go to Aspect Rations I think it was called in the Nvidia Control panel and set scaling to be done on GPU and override in all apps and games.
3) Go to change resolution and make new resolutions with your display ratios. For example, if have a 1080p, 16:9 display, make new resolutions like 2560x1440, 2880x1660 (I think it was) or 3200x1800.
4) Click Test/Apply/Save and voila, you now have properly working downsampling with zero blurriness.

The only bad thing about this method is that, depending on monitor, downsampling stops short of 3150x1780 or smth. You usually can't get over 3K (3200x1800).

Last edited:

You can still use normal downsampling with Nvidia GPUs. And I don't mean DSR crap.

2) Go to Aspect Rations I think it was called in the Nvidia Control panel and set scaling to be done on GPU and override in all apps and games.
3) Go to change resolution and make new resolutions with your display ratios. For example, if have a 1080p, 16:9 display, make new resolutions like 2560x1440, 2880x1660 (I think it was) or 3200x1800.
4) Click Test/Apply/Save and voila, you now have properly working downsampling with zero blurriness.

The only bad thing about this method is that, depending on monitor, downsampling stops short of 3150x1780 or smth. You usually can't get over 3K (3200x1800).

yes, thanks for posting this. I am familiar with this method by I actually havent tried it with this game yet. Will give it a shot and report back.

---------- Updated at 10:41 AM ----------

Ok, have tested it. DSR and the above method both achieve exactly the same effect, both in terms of visual quality, blur, and performance drop. Guess I will just have to stick to MipBias and whatever DSR works best for me.

I must stress this, did you disable DSR completely in the 3D Settings - Global Settings? Otherwise DSR will still be used.

I must stress this, did you disable DSR completely in the 3D Settings - Global Settings? Otherwise DSR will still be used.

I am quite sure I did. will be playing without dsr most likely anyway.

Top Bottom