Gone to Fyke Isle.. accidently. Now I'm sad.

+
Gone to Fyke Isle.. accidently. Now I'm sad.

This is the second time I've gone somewhere tied to a Quest, A secondary Quest, and not known of it until it was too late.

My curiosity gets the better of me in RPG's with huge worlds to explore, and after finishing one of the Main Quests I decided to travel to that interesting Isle by boat. That was in fact a huge, huge mistake.

I explored the tower, I even went up to the very top. The fact that there were things to examine had me thinking that this would start a Quest, and unfortunately it did not.

Now I've come to realize this is tied to a Quest Keira gives you, which I had no idea prior, and somewhat ruined the surprise for myself... I'm quite sad right now. I reckon this won't be the last time I go somewhere tied to a Quest and not know of it until later, and kick myself in the ass.

This isn't by any means poor design, this is my own fault... I think? I let things like this annoy me. I prefer to be surprised, and sadly my need to venture to areas that seem interesting get me into situations like this. It's the overall lack of wonder that'll ruin this Quest for me.

Even though there will obviously be explanations, I explored the tower, I know that lies inside, and I can make a guess as to what happened.

A bit depressed right now.. I wonder how many people have to to locations, without knowing they may be tied to a Quest, explore, and ultimately kick themselves in the ass afterwards.

This is the second time I've gone somewhere tied to a Quest, A secondary Quest, and not known of it until it was too late.

My curiosity gets the better of me in RPG's with huge worlds to explore, and after finishing one of the Main Quests I decided to travel to that interesting Isle by boat. That was in fact a huge, huge mistake.

I explored the tower, I even went up to the very top. The fact that there were things to examine had me thinking that this would start a Quest, and unfortunately it did not.

Now I've come to realize this is tied to a Quest Keira gives you, which I had no idea prior, and somewhat ruined the surprise for myself... I'm quite sad right now. I reckon this won't be the last time I go somewhere tied to a Quest and not know of it until later, and kick myself in the ass.

This isn't by any means poor design, this is my own fault... I think? I let things like this annoy me. I prefer to be surprised, and sadly my need to venture to areas that seem interesting get me into situations like this. It's the overall lack of wonder that'll ruin this Quest for me.

Even though there will obviously be explanations, I explored the tower, I know that lies inside, and I can make a guess as to what happened.

A bit depressed right now.. I wonder how many people have to to locations, without knowing they may be tied to a Quest, explore, and ultimately kick themselves in the ass afterwards.

I did the exact same thing after helping Keira.... saw the boat outside and went across to that island.

The attention to detail still astounds me.

If you happen to go too the Isle before getting the quest, Geralt goes back and mentions he had just returned from being there, saw things, couldn't act.

It... lessened the blow, and the choice I made was worth it in the end. Somewhat... >.>

Any actions caused by a certain "something" is in no way connected to me, whatsoever!

I think if you're worried about that then imo the best way to tackle the map is to follow where the main and side quest line in your level takes you. Go by road and if there is a question mark POI enroute, then check it out. If the monsters are higher level, return to the path. If you also pass through a village, get to know the town and check the bulletin board and try any side quest within your level.

True, it makes the map more linear, but it prevent surprises, imo. I completed all of the keira and baron main/side quests and contracts within my level along the way before going to the bridge to Novigrad. This was approx 35 hours into the game and just the right level to tackle the Novigrad main quest line. It made my first step into the city much more breathtaking.

The attention to detail still astounds me.

If you happen to go too the Isle before getting the quest, Geralt goes back and mentions he had just returned from being there, saw things, couldn't act.

It... lessened the blow, and the choice I made was worth it in the end. Somewhat... >.>

Any actions caused by a certain "something" is in no way connected to me, whatsoever!

Totally agree!! I thought I might have screwed up the quest because I'd been there before and was totally surprised to hear Geralt's "Already been there speech"

A side note, How trippy was that the mission with the lamp?? Honestly I need to know if projekt red added a few extra weird bits or if I was just playing too late at night. At one Point I saw a fully formed person standing on a different side of the room from the apparitions followed later by a really close up face that seems to fly past the camera view and was gone. Did I imagine all that?

Depending on where you shone the lamp light, you'd see apparitions act accordingly to their original locations. Pretty trippy.

I also stumbled upon this island while exploring but it did not take away from the quest I didlater, even made it more interesting as I could try to guess what happened there and then went there actually learning the truth during said quest. Plus the story in that side quest and the atmosphere of the island are superb!

Depending on where you shone the lamp light, you'd see apparitions act accordingly to their original locations. Pretty trippy.

I got that bit :) No I mean seperately, there's other stuff happens, like the painting falling off the wall and the spluttering torch, I definitely saw a man shape (not like the apparitions and outside the lamp light) appear and then disappear and as I turn there was a face right beside me and it disappeared.

Just reload and avoid any time you come across a cutscene that's triggered when you're exploring randomly, that will often break quests.

But for the most part CDPR did a good job on these.

Top Bottom