CDRED realize xbox version is unplayable??

+
CDRED realize xbox version is unplayable??

Hi,
got the game since saturday on Xbox... and in this state i can't play it... the awful stutering is killing immersion 4 me...
It would be nice from CDRED, to answer about this issue, and tell us if it will be fixed...
if no answer this week, i'll sell back the game... 150€ (CE) for a game in this state is a shame!
Just let u know if you are aware about this and if it will be fixed!
Can i ask for a refund?
Thx for answer by advance

Dude... I wish I just had the awful stuttering. If you have a play through that goes to 30-40+ hours... you won't be able to load your saves. So I, like many others, am currently stuck with the inability to even play my save because the game keeps crashing while trying to load my save.... and there is no way I'm gonna restart on a play through that I'm already 40-50 hours deep.

Dude... I wish I just had the awful stuttering. If you have a play through that goes to 30-40+ hours... you won't be able to load your saves. So I, like many others, am currently stuck with the inability to even play my save because the game keeps crashing while trying to load my save.... and there is no way I'm gonna restart on a play through that I'm already 40-50 hours deep.
I didn't make it past 2-3 hours of play time due to the unacceptable performance of TW3 on the Xbox One, so I didn't run into the save-related issues myself. Right now the game is a colossal mess, and it's going to need some serious fixing before I touch it again. Hopefully that happens sooner, rather than later.

The game on Xbox maintains 30+ fps according to Eurogamer's analysis, but the inconsistent frame-times make it appear to stutter 4 or 5 times a second. A 30 fps cap should make it only as juddery as the PC and PS4 versions are at 30 fps.

Then you're left with the camera and animation stutters.

Last edited:
The game on Xbox maintains 30+ fps according to Eurogamer's analysis, but the inconsistent frame-times make it appear to stutter 4 or 5 times a second. A 30 fps cap should make it only as juddery as the PC and PS4 versions are at 30 fps.

Then you're left with the camera and animation stutters.
Hopefully the other sources of stuttering are dealt with along with the frame-related stuttering in one go. Until all of the stuttering is fixed, TW3 is an unplayable mess in my eyes.

see I just want to be able to load my game and play! I will happily take frame rate issues if they fix that, seriously!

@ felismenari - Unacceptable performance?! I've been playing for 20 hours on my file in the White Orchard Area and some time in spent in Velen and I've yet to see the terrible performance you speak of. My son has played the game for roughly the same amount of time and he too has not complained. I'm a fussy person when it comes to performance and graphical eyesores, but in my experienced opinion The Witcher 3 on Xbox One is great.

@ felismenari - Unacceptable performance?! I've been playing for 20 hours on my file in the White Orchard Area and some time in spent in Velen and I've yet to see the terrible performance you speak of. My son has played the game for roughly the same amount of time and he too has not complained. I'm a fussy person when it comes to performance and graphical eyesores, but in my experienced opinion The Witcher 3 on Xbox One is great.
It's not slowdown. It's a frame pacing problem and animation/camera hitching. Try turning the camera at any rate slower than the max or look at anything in the scene as you move past it. You'll see a load of little hitches where some frames are displayed longer.

There is no smooth motion. You can kind of get used to it, but it's never easy on the eyes (for me).

Last edited:
The only time the game ever does what you describe is when I aim in over-the-shoulder view with the crossbow. Everything thing else is good. Of course there's always room for improvement, but I don't agree with what the other guy said.

I'm a pedantic person by nature. If the game was that bad I wouldn't be playing it.

That's interesting. I can't not see the juddering. It's there with any movement, including map and load screen pans.

exactly that. we know there is a workaround to solve the loading issue, but you gonna lose everything if you didn't manually save the game. i lost a 50+ hours playthrough by doing the workaroung and it makes me wanna puke all over the place.

what really disapoints me is, there is no way these issues where not noticed during the years of development and testings, if there where any serious testings. yet they release the game in its state. makes me wanne go around and rant on every forum.

exactly that. we know there is a workaround to solve the loading issue, but you gonna lose everything if you didn't manually save the game. i lost a 50+ hours playthrough by doing the workaroung and it makes me wanna puke all over the place.

what really disapoints me is, there is no way these issues where not noticed during the years of development and testings, if there where any serious testings. yet they release the game in its state. makes me wanne go around and rant on every forum.

Eh... the problem with bug testing, and reason why these HUGE bugs get through, is usually because when they do the bug testing, it typically done on, what I like to call, "in-house machines". Basically it's a closed and controlled testing environment, where as after the game's release, the game is in an uncontrolled environment where almost any minor difference (be it having more games installed on Xbox, have time played on Xbox, or just the little background picture that you use on your Xbox One) screw with the coding of the game. Now add on that CD Projekt Red has a LOT less resources than your average AAA gaming developer, and you have yourself a near perfect way for major bugs to get through.

Now I do think a lot of these bugs could have been caught with more extensive QA testing, but with how CD Projekt Red has been working hard to fix the bugs (and now trying to keep us up to date on the status of the patches) I don't feel too screwed over.... just wish I could play my game though :p

Eh... the problem with bug testing, and reason why these HUGE bugs get through, is usually because when they do the bug testing, it typically done on, what I like to call, "in-house machines". Basically it's a closed and controlled testing environment, where as after the game's release, the game is in an uncontrolled environment where almost any minor difference (be it having more games installed on Xbox, have time played on Xbox, or just the little background picture that you use on your Xbox One) screw with the coding of the game. Now add on that CD Projekt Red has a LOT less resources than your average AAA gaming developer, and you have yourself a near perfect way for major bugs to get through.

Now I do think a lot of these bugs could have been caught with more extensive QA testing, but with how CD Projekt Red has been working hard to fix the bugs (and now trying to keep us up to date on the status of the patches) I don't feel too screwed over.... just wish I could play my game though :p

You're a very forgiving person. This game should have gone more testing, but I think they strategically released the game -- ready or not -- for maximum sales. Is it a coincidence it was released in the middle of the Game of Thrones season and after Bloodborne (which got a lot of hype but was inaccessible to a large majority of gamers due its difficulty)? I don't think so and I blame them, Microsoft, WB Games and everyone involved for releasing this game in the state its in (there are acceptable bugs and then there are game-breaking bugs. Acceptable bugs I can handle for a game this good -- these game-breakers are ridiculous).

You're a very forgiving person. This game should have gone more testing, but I think they strategically released the game -- ready or not -- for maximum sales. Is it a coincidence it was released in the middle of the Game of Thrones season and after Bloodborne (which got a lot of hype but was inaccessible to a large majority of gamers due its difficulty)? I don't think so and I blame them, Microsoft, WB Games and everyone involved for releasing this game in the state its in (there are acceptable bugs and then there are game-breaking bugs. Acceptable bugs I can handle for a game this good -- these game-breakers are ridiculous).

Well then you are at fault just as much for purchasing the game with the complete knowledge that every game released (on current gen) thus far has had some pretty bad bugs

Well then you are at fault just as much for purchasing the game with the complete knowledge that every game released (on current gen) thus far has had some pretty bad bugs

Yeah, blame the customer (of which you are one). That's a logical stance to take. Why not defend companies that are grossing millions (if not billions) by releasing unplayable games. Personally, I've NEVER encountered a game that had a game-breaking bug (I don't play PC Games). My experience with next-gen is limited, I suppose, but RE: Revelations 2, RE: Remaster, GTA V, Madden 15, NBA 2K15 and Sunset Overdrive all played through to the end without anything that rendered the game unplayable.

I promise you if EA or 2K released Madden/NBA and the game froze in the 3rd Quarter, I'd be just as outraged. Further, this game has such a great story, that having it interrupted 60-75% ruins the flow and experience.

I also PROMISE you, if the game had come with a WARNING of some sort that it may be rendered unplayable, I would not have purchased it.

The 1.03 patch on Xbox One will feature both, the FPS lock on 30 and will remove the save problem. We are hoping it will go live by Friday.

when you say it will remove the save problem which save problem are we talking about? the one where some people have issues with manual saving or the issues where we cannot get any of our saves to load rendering the game unplayable? or both?

Last edited:
Yeah, blame the customer (of which you are one). That's a logical stance to take. Why not defend companies that are grossing millions (if not billions) by releasing unplayable games. Personally, I've NEVER encountered a game that had a game-breaking bug (I don't play PC Games). My experience with next-gen is limited, I suppose, but RE: Revelations 2, RE: Remaster, GTA V, Madden 15, NBA 2K15 and Sunset Overdrive all played through to the end without anything that rendered the game unplayable.

I promise you if EA or 2K released Madden/NBA and the game froze in the 3rd Quarter, I'd be just as outraged. Further, this game has such a great story, that having it interrupted 60-75% ruins the flow and experience.

I also PROMISE you, if the game had come with a WARNING of some sort that it may be rendered unplayable, I would not have purchased it.

Wrote a response, but my internet went bad and now I see the message didn't send. I'm just gonna give the gist of the message I originally wrote.

Basically, I wanted to apologize for that comment... it was illogical. What I'm trying to ask you is to give CD Projeckt Red a chance... they've done good by their customers in the past (and I've been playing their games since the Witcher 1 in 2007). I get most companies will screw the consumer over just for a quick buck, but I feel CD Projekt Red actaully wants to give you something worth your money.

Yes, the game SHOULD have gone through more extensive testing and yes, these bugs should have been caught, but let's face it... they weren't. The people working at CDPR are only human and we all make mistakes. CDPR has been working hard to get as many fixes out as soon as they can all the while trying to maintain communication with their customer base. We are all frustrated about the situation, but at least recognize that we aren't getting ignored.

Also, GTA V had some pretty bad bugs on its original release on the PS3 and Xbox 360 (saves getting deleted and stuff like that). You probably didn't experience that one the current gen because within the year better GTA V's original release and re-release on current gen, Rockstar patched those issues. While on the subject of GTA V, I would like to mention that Rockstar promised heists on release and we didn't get them until a year and a half AFTER the game's original release.

Other current games that had large buggy releases include AC 4: Black Flag, AC Unity, Master Chief Collection, Farcry 4, Dragon Age Inquisition, Destiny, Dead rising 3, and Battlefield 4 (just the ones off the top of my head). Just wanted to include this to let you know that a majority of AAA release titles have had buggy releases... seems no one can really get launches correct the first time around on the current gen.

Top Bottom