Motherthread - Quest problems

+
Motherthread - Quest problems

As I have seen some double posts regarding quests that cannot be completed properly I opened this thread. You can always add a quest bug you found in the game by repying to this post - just try to not double post, it's annoying and doesn't help the dev team to sort stuff out. I'll try to enlist any newly found ones after you posted them here. Thanks.
No spoilers.

Cutscene not loading / stuck inside an infinite loading screen
- Side quest: "Kings Gambit"

BIG UPDATE:
I and my friend tested the quest using save games without using the beard & hairstyle DLC set. The one without the DLC worked just fine, the one with the DLC activated didn't - neither on my PC nor on his machine.

Unable to create a quest item in alchemy / "Quest item" alchemy option missing
- Witcher Contract: "Mysterious Tracks"
- Witcher Contract: "Muire D'yaeblen"

Unable to reach a quest location
- Treasure Hunt: "Viper School Gear" [door closed, can't open it]
- Main quest: "Blindingly-Obvious" [jump required - jumping isn't possible in combat mode]

Gamebreaking freezes [might be for Nvidia users only; didn't occur to me as I'm using a R9 290]
- Side quest: "The Whispering Hillock"
- Side quest: "A Favor for a Friend"

A.I. stopping
- Side quest: "Missing In Action"

Unable to start / end the quest
- Side quest: "Temerian Valubles"
- Treasure Hunt: "Deserters Gold"
- Treasure Hunt: "Dirty Funds"
- Main quest: "Novigrad Dreaming" [trapdoor cannot be opened]
- Witcher Contract: "Phantom of the Trade Route" [cannot be completed as the quest NPC is dead]

No location shown on minimap when following the quest
- Treasure Hunt: "Freya Be Praised!"
- Treasure Hunt: "Shortcut"

Quest character not dying / lying on the ground
- Side quest: "In the Heart of the Woods"
[quest is done, but every time I enter the village the antagonist stands there and attacks me with his sword - I can fight him, resulting in him losing the fight; problem is: he isn't dying completely; his name over the head is still being displayed ("Sven") and I can't leave combat mode unless I flee]

Unable to open a loot chest / no key dropped
- Treasure Hunt: "Blood Gold"

Unable to fast travel after picking up the quest
- Witcher Contract: "The Mystery of the Byways Murders"

Quest object fails if you leave a certain area / quest won't update anymore
- Main quest: "Count Reuven's Treasure"

Unable to end the quest successfully although all objectives have been accomplished
- Side quest: "The Cave of Dreams"
- Side quest: "Empty Coop"

Unable to complete the quest if its objects aren't accomplished in the given order
- Witcher Contract: "The Creature from Oxenfurt Forest"
- Side quest: "Novigrad: Closed City"
- Treasure Hunt: "Don't Play With the Gods"

I'm not quite sure, but there are plenty quests from noticeboards in Novigrad and Velen that shortly after I picked them all up reappear on the boards. I never got any new quest log entries of them.
I guess those are all the quests which I have in my quest log but are not done yet - is this some sort of reminder?

Update on the dev status:
They posted on the forums that patch 1.05 will come this week including fixes for many quest problems. Let's hope they fix the detail & character pop-in issue, too.

@neolite352 Added it - thanks.
@Finnbhennach Added it - thanks.
@AxellSlade Thanks - added.
@kodebob Thanks - added.
@LeonHelp1995 Edited - thanks.
@Lonnie.Warning Thanks - added.
@imiles195 Thanks. Added it.

Last edited:
I got the (Witcher Contract: "Muire D'yaeblen") bug. Never got the Drowner Pheromones potion after investigating the cave :(

Got it.

---------- Post merged on 26-05-2015 at 12:34 AM ----------

Updated.

---------- Updated at 09:32 AM ----------

Updated.

Just posting that I've got the "Contract: Muire D'yaeblen" bug with the lack of recipe appearing as well, on PS4.

Something to be aware of is that when you pick up the following quest it will prevent you from fast travelling outside of zones (i.e. Skellige, Novigrad, etc) the fix is to complete the quest until its patched.
I think i found the culprit:

Contract: The Mystery of the Byways Murders

After clearing this quest i can now fast travel to other regions again. I suspect the quest was somehow in a bugged state, because i stumbled upon it by chance instead of accepting it from a notice board or the quest giver.

credit to all the people in this forum who did some sleuthing to figure out the cause of the bug.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...ravel-broken?p=1706279&viewfull=1#post1706279

Don't Play With Gods Quest is uncompletable for me.

I searched the corpse right beneath elven ruins, found an unsent letter and a key. Upon reading the letter, quest popped up telling me to use my Witcher senses to find the treasure. However, the chest that is supposed to glow red doesn't glow at all and when I walk up to it it says "locked." Although I have the key, I can't open the chest, thus the quest doesn't end.

I watched a walkthrough and I definitely followed the same steps but I'm stuck.

Update: When you get the key and the letter from the corpse, if you open the chest before you read the letter, quest becomes stuck. So read the letter first, let the quest progress and tell you to search for the chest and then open it.

Last edited:
Contract: The Creature from Oxenfurt Forest cannot be completed if you do it out of order.
If you kill Opinicus the Archgriffon before grabbing the contract and go to Hans of Cidaris to report you killed it, you will be rewarded but the quest won't clear because the objective "Talk about the contract with the mercenary, Hans". won't complete.

Got a new bug to add to the unable to complete quest list:

During the quest Novigrad Dreaming I am unable to open the trapdoor to get into the basement.

Other than this hiccup the game has been amazing, Great Job!

So how do I uninstall the Beard & Hairstyle DLC from my game?................My game is NOT loading the screen after finding Arnvald (dead or alive) in the King's Gambit quest.

Top Bottom