The Witcher 3 Modding

+
- A mod that allows YOU to craft your own shit, without having to go to a crafter (repair items looking at you...)
Geralt is not crafter and never wanted to be one.

- A complete dual wielding mod
Witchers don't dual wield swords - they use 2 handed and 1.5 handed swords which are not dual wieldable. Actually dual wielding is completely pointless (I can't find Skallagrim vid on this topic atm) as they don't give you any advantage over using single one handed sword. Witcher already is enough unrealistic with swords on back and piruets in fights.

- A survival/hunting mod a la Hunterborn, Real needs and diseases mod from Skyrim
Witchers are immune to diseases according to the books.

- A weapons mod that will allow you to have and use Axes, Great Axes, Pole arms, Katanas, Daggers, Staves even, fuck it Scythes too, each with their own steel and silver versions.
Witchers fight only with swords.

- A weapons mod that totally remodels the look of weapons so not mostly all weapons look the DAMN same
Well... you can't expect too much variety from realistic and practical 2h/1.5h swords.

- Armor mods that add new gear and gear from other games, complete with visual/graphical effects, Hell, gimme HELMETS man, HELMETS... Yes I know Geralt doesn't use them but who cares? its a game.
Argument that "its a game" is a phallacy. If game chooses to be faithful to the source material instead turning it into circus, then let it be serious. Game is quite mature form of media and not many people are aware of it yet.

- A complete Signs overhaul mod that Adds different types of spells you could learn per level, BUT you only have 5 sign slots you'd have to choose to use at any certain time. Would also like to see a separate MAGIC point bar where signs could be drawn from that is completely overauled so you have magic points and signs cost certain MP to use adding a whole other dimension to character gear building. Would go great with my idea for a combat mod I've listed lower below in the list.
There were only 6 signs mentioned in books. And Witchers are no mages. Witcher signs are pathetic in eyes of a wizards.

- A fishing mod
wut? :D

- A cooking mod so you can cook your food and it give you more healing than just eating raw meat.
x2 wut combo.

I pretty much agree with those points i didn't mentioned above.

Witchers don't dual wield swords - they use 2 handed and 1.5 handed swords which are not dual wieldable. Actually dual wielding is completely pointless (I can't find Skallagrim vid on this topic atm) as they don't give you any advantage over using single one handed sword. Witcher already is enough unrealistic with swords on back and piruets in fights.

Well... you can't expect too much variety from realistic and practical 2h/1.5h swords.

Argument that "its a game" is a phallacy. If game chooses to be faithful to the source material instead turning it into circus, then let it be serious. Game is quite mature form of media and not many people are aware of it yet.

There were only 6 signs mentioned in books. And Witchers are no mages. Witcher signs are pathetic in eyes of a wizards.

x2 wut combo.

agreed !
however, having crazy mods, even if they don't make sense in TW world, is good for modding. that's exactly why skyrim is so popular: you can have the crazy mods, and the serious ones. by doing so, we attract more players, but also more potential modders ^^

Mods are a nice perk for sales after the first year plateaus and drops. I know many Skyrim fanboys who were avid Console only gamers only to upgrade their PC's and buy a 2nd copy of Skyrim for PC just for mods.

Serrit and his witcher school never existed in books, so i count him as devs mistake :p

He's canon now as far as the games are concerned. Not to mention, dual wielding swords has historical precedence in European history. Mostly for duelling and as a show of skill. Not the kind of swords Serrit used, but still.

Last edited:
Serrit and his witcher school never existed in books, so i count him as devs mistake :p
i do get what you mean, but they felt right for the TW universe. also, if you're gonna base what is canon on books only, then you might as well make the entire TW trilogy not canon :p
just think of it as what the EU is to star wars (and idc what disney says, it's still canon ! :realmad:)

People with this attitude piss me off. Do you realize that Geralt is dead in the books? The games should not be strangulated by the books.

Game canon is different to book canon. Get over it already.

x2 wut combo.

Agree. But if thats what people want let them mod it that way and let the 2! of us enjoy the realism :)

People with this attitude piss me off. Do you realize that Geralt is dead in the books? The games should not be strangulated by the books.

Game canon is different to book canon. Get over it already.
AFAIK that isn't the case. One of our polish forumites mentioned that in Season of Storms there's a flash forward 100 or so years after the events in Lady of The Lake book where Geralt shows up alive and kicking.

here were only 6 signs mentioned in books.

Seven: with Season of Storms, the known Witcher signs are Aard, Igni, Quen, Axii, Yrden, Heliotrope and Somne.

Anyway... since my dream of Toussaint has been satisfied, I'm gonna go ahead and say I'd love to see Cintra in-game. Uh... and as much more land of the continent as possible recreated.

Aaaand here the shitstorm begins.

One week after release, and there are already nude mods for Witcher. (nexusmods of course)

wow, just wow.

x2 wut combo.

according to the wiki, the witchers from the viper school used a unique dual sword combo. (This is actually fitting, because vipers have 2 Fangs to catch their prey) Read here: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Viper_School
Being able to use dual swords would mean to change A LOT of game animations to make it look good and not clip through Gerald's model. imho Gerald was trained in classic sword fighting and prefers one sword in his hand for optimal damage dealing

---------- Post merged on 29-05-2015 at 12:21 AM ----------

I finished my first Witcher 3 mod. For everyone who needs a little XP boost for the starting levels, here you go: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/74/?

Last edited:
People just can't enjoy the game. Need to start installing mod after mod after the first couple of days then come complaining on here when the mod corrupts their saves.

the masks can be replaced by helmet models. just need to figure out their item names.

also, replacing witcher armor parts with npc soldier's armor parts

One week after release, and there are already nude mods for Witcher. (nexusmods of course)

wow, just wow.

i remember one of the devs said it would be the first, guess he was right. the mod strips ciri. might give insight into how to mod geralt's armors.

also, why shitstorm? i see no problem brewing. only some "gamerghazi" goons crying about misogyny. the usual.

Last edited:

wow, just wow.

Link?

Also @coolbuddy594 and anyone else who has made mods, we're keeping a "Master List" going here:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/38236-MODS-FOR-TW3-List-any-mods-you-ve-found

Feel free to add to it - either your own, or links to other peoples's (preferably credited, of course :) )
And yes, including the nude mods.
(But maybe I should rephrase that last sentence)

Last edited:
Top Bottom