Get no XP from the most quests

+
Get no XP from the most quests

Hi there,

i've waiting for three years for this masterpiece. It works still fine, but i have a really unprofitable bug in my save of about 70 hours.
Normally you get shown you gained xp at the left of the screen. but this message i see very seldom. My most quests i cleared without any xp.

And that destroys the whole rpg experience.

Please fix it. I think i must restart again. Because i can't wait for play it right now.

Cd Project done a great job on this game.

I have this problem on xbox one. another thread with the same problem:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-impossible-to-play-gt-cdprojekt-please-reply

Last edited:
You do remember that doing a quest that's 5+ levels lower than you (they gray ones) grants no exp, right?

is that confirmed? i think it don't mentioned on that. cd project can steal quest ep only because you are too high in the level. so the would say to you, how you have to play it. i can't believe that ´.

grey are all quests, you don't marked ;)

---------- Updated at 09:52 AM ----------

so on, at the moment i have done a lvl 16 quest on level 18 ... only 2 lvl and no xp. that can't be the reason

I have the same thing main quests not giving xp so i am screwed now cos the some main quest missions give like 1000 xp.

Do any of the side quests or activities on the map experience this issue ? I did not get a chance to try it last night, I thought I would try and re-load and try a few more quests to see if it would grant any XP, the only time I got XP was when I put the whammy on the guard to let me into the Arena which was 40 XP, after that I completed the quest and no XP reward appeared, I checked an the level of the quest was 13 and my character level is 15.

I'm wondering if I can complete the side quests / activities while we wait for a fix?

Yes, there is a bug and we are working on a fix. Only quests with their level much lower than yours (6 or more) should not give exp. Sorry for the problem!

Guest 3823737

Yes, there is a bug and we are working on a fix. Only quests with their level much lower than yours (6 or more) should not give exp. Sorry for the problem!

Are there any workarounds or specific quests to avoid?

I wasn't even paying attention to the XP till I read an article and tested it myself. I thought taking forever to rank up was just part of the game, but turns out I've been bugged. Almost 100 hours and I'm only level 21. Tons of completed quests, and I fast travel everywhere, so it's not like I've been wandering around wasting time. I Really love the game, but with all the stuff going on I feel like I have to wait. till I can get the proper experience.

Yeah would be nice to know as I was hoping to play this at the weekend ? Do any of the activities in the world give XP still like the question marks on the map? I think I have 46 still left I can complete in Velen, until a fix for the other quests are issued.

I'm wondering if the fix will be able to tell if you should have been rewarded for the quests or it will just fix the quests going forward? I really hope it's the former as much as I love this game, I don't want to start again so soon, not after I have spent like hours in it, doing all the side objectives / witcher contracts and treasure hunts up to lvl 15 and only barely touching the main quest.

Fix the bug and btw the grey qeust idea is a terrbile idea. Its a mmo mechanic and should stay in mmo's. Right now the game punishes exploration because quests will become worthless and also a lot of the side loot you get while doing them. SO we get nothing for it.

Well i think i will hold of playing to see how this issue is resolved. If the fix is not retroactive i do not want to waste my time.

Last edited:
Fix the bug and btw the grey qeust idea is a terrbile idea. Its a mmo mechanic and should stay in mmo's. Right now the game punishes exploration because quests will become worthless and also a lot of the side loot you get while doing them. SO we get nothing for it.

Well i think i will hold of playing to see how this issue is resolved. If the fix is not retroactive i do not want to waste my time.

yeah the system don't works good with witcher 3. because there is massive world to explore. so you get level after level ... and sometimes you get quests you're already out of.

Did anyone clarify this system before release. i don't read it before...

yeah not sure this is a bug or how it was designed. Believe many people having issues are with grey quests not giving XP.

yeah not sure this is a bug or how it was designed. Believe many people having issues are with grey quests not giving XP.

quests which are 6+ lvl under your lvl should give you no exp. but the most of us (like me) getting no xp for any quest. doesn't matter if the lvl is above you or something else

Top Bottom