CDPR - We have a right to know, right now!

+
CDPR - We have a right to know, right now!

The game is great. The new standard for RPGs, etc ... All the praise goes to you.

However: The game has a few bugs, that makes progress impossible. Like Main Quest progression bug in Novigrad or the Quest XP bug.

This bug was introduced 4 days ago, along with many other minor bugs. However, I see no logical reason for you to further delay fixing these game-breaking bugs with a hotfix. It makes no sense to me.

You are toying with the trust of your fanbase.

Many people have put 50+ hours in your game, only to realize, that they missed out on XP, and will likely have to start over. They are pissed, the net is full with complaints, yet is there a fix out after 4 days? There is none.

However we payed, and make no mistake, love you as much as we do, this is still a business. A car doesn't work without a wheel, and right now Witcher 3 is missing wheels. Wheels we payed for, that are not there.

I'm sure many people feel you're not taking us seriously. All this after the controversy about the downgrade, this is not what CDPR used to be. I'm disappointed.

Can you afford to treat us this way, and not even give an ETA on a new patch? You are playing with our time, and this has NO excuse. Please, mature up a bit, and show some damned respect for the people that make you money.

Can it be cause they dont wanna rush the next patch and end up breaking more stuff rather than fixing them? one wonders how can they be so immature and test the fixes extensively this time. Come on CDPR i demand you to give us half assed patches without checking them or make up some ETA on it which u cant meet cause thats the way to act maturely !!!!!

Always business. Never personal. I'm software dev myself. If someone pays for a product, and the transaction has been made, he's completely within his rights expeting to at least get information. I'm not 12 anymore, when I can play all day, or whenever I want. I expect to know when this is fixed, so I can plan ahead with my time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this game is advertised towards adults, with mature themes. That's great. Then let's treat each other like adults.

The game is great. The new standard for RPGs, etc ... All the praise goes to you.

However: The game has a few bugs, that makes progress impossible. Like Main Quest progression bug in Novigrad or the Quest XP bug.

This bug was introduced 4 days ago, along with many other minor bugs. However, I see no logical reason for you to further delay fixing these game-breaking bugs with a hotfix. It makes no sense to me.

Many people have put 50+ hours in your game, only to realize, that they missed out on XP, and will likely have to start over. They are pissed, the net is full with complaints, yet is there a fix out after 4 days? There is none.

However we payed, and make no mistake, love you as much as we do, this is still a business. A car doesn't work without a wheel, and right now Witcher 3 is missing wheels. Wheels we payed for, that are not there.

I'm sure many people feel you're not taking us seriously. All this after the controversy about the downgrade, this is not what CDPR used to be. I'm disappointed.

Can you afford to treat us this way, and not even give an ETA on a new patch? You are playing with our time, and this has NO excuse. Please, mature up a bit, and show some damned respect for the people that make you money.

What if they don't know WHEN this will be fixed? You say you're a software developer, well I can tell you right now with your, "we want it right now!" attitude I bet your software is always broken, introducing new bugs, or leaving other things unpatched and vulnerable. They've already released 4 "small" patches since May 19th (9 days ago). We may have a right to know, but what if they don't know when? Honestly, let them take time and fix a multitude of problems, rather than continuously releasing small patches with only a few number of fixes. The 1.04 patch also introduced a number of problems for multiple users in things that were working fine in the 1.03 patch, so I'm sure they're trying to address those as well.

Always business. Never personal. I'm software dev myself. If someone pays for a product, and the transaction has been made, he's completely within his rights expeting to at least get information. I'm not 12 anymore, when I can play all day, or whenever I want. I expect to know when this is fixed, so I can plan ahead with my time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this game is advertised towards adults, with mature themes. That's great. Then let's treat each other like adults.
You want maturity start acting like one rather than putting ultimatums on your titles. Also really wondering if you are a coder at all since you can make a comment like that about ETA for bugfixes. As for your business aproach i havent seen many companies that tries fix their mistakes so fast like these guys.(Most of them doesnt fix them at all)

Finding the cause of bugs and testing to make sure new fixes do not break something else takes time. Please keep this in mind. It has only been 3 days since they released patch 1.04. which is not long at all. Be a little patient and a little more understanding. You being a software dev "like you say you are", no one should even have to tell you these things.

I would like to see a dev-managed, read only thread with Known Bugs at the very least. This can be assistive to my brain, and obviously provide a one-stop shop in the event a person comes looking for help.

People seem to really not grasp, that software devs, like all people, have deadlines, have their work tracked and managed, have timetables, have managers setting their priorities. Let me break it down: it's a hotfix vs. patch decision, that they have to make. With a product being live, and payed for, critical issues have to be hot-fixed, non-critical issues have to be patched. Not rocket science.

---------- Updated at 09:25 PM ----------

What I'm asking for, since I don't have a product which is working as intended, is transparency and information. Those of you asking for patience are enablers of the oft-held practice in gaming, where we are fine with not knowing. Many people are not fine with not knowing.

Also, after 4 days, soon to be 5, I think we have waited enough.

We're all (most of us) aware that such a huge and complex world will have some bugs here and there, it would be silly not to expect them. All we ask is more transparency on what kind of work is being done, which issues are being investigated.

Most developers don't do this kind of things, but we expect it from you, having been so awesome and all in the past.

CDPR can afford to treat you however they want!
They have your money already!
And personally if I was a DEV and had a forum fillid to brimming with snot nose ingrates with little to no understanding of the process of bug elimination and little respect for the years of time and effort spent creating their game I'd be inclined to think "stuff you!"

Luckily for you CDPR are hardly likely to do that; but what they also won't do is rush a patch that might make more issues than it helps solve!
If you've invested 50 hours of gameplay so far then waiting a few days more wont kill you!
I've invested 27 hours and not encountered a single bug that's forced the velocistous exit of my teddy bear from my pram!
But then maybe I'm a bit old for teddy bears anyway?
Would you like mine?

People seem to really not grasp, that software devs, like all people, have deadlines, have their work tracked and managed, have timetables, have managers setting their priorities. Let me break it down: it's a hotfix vs. patch decision, that they have to make. With a product being live, and payed for, critical issues have to be hot-fixed, non-critical issues have to be patched. Not rocket science.

What I'm asking for, since I don't have a product which is working as intended, is transparency and information. Those of you asking for patience are enablers of the oft-held practice in gaming, where we are fine with not knowing. Many people are not fine with not knowing.

What you are failing to understand is you didnt contract CDPR to develop you an automation software or whatever you just purchased their game which only entitles you for a refund (Which is limited by the companies policy) , not deadlines or anything. If you bother to check staff replies to bugs you can see that they are having trouble reproducing a lot of these bugs because they dont happen to a majority (Yes only a few thousand in over a million). And pretty sure unless u can see the future you cant put an ETA on a bug fix while you cant even see whats causing the issue...

Guest 3822957

I am software developer as well and I 100% with you mate.

---------- Updated at 09:29 AM ----------

CDPR can afford to treat you however they want!
They have your money already!

With this kind of mindset, you "will go far"...

they could just release a quick 1.05 patch to fix the bugs (gameplay and graphic) introduced with the awful 1.04.
Then take their time for a bigger patch
Actually, I have the game installed since may 19th, but I played only the prologue in White Orchard, and I keep waiting for 1.05... Game too bugged to go on.. Hope they release 1.05 asap

Top Bottom