Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! How did you manage to get there? It's in the prologue, right? The tutorial part? If you can go back there then please try avoiding spoilers.

I personally don't remember how big the draw distance was in the prologue. It's such a small part of the game in the beginning. And if it is that big then my God, what a huge discrepancy.

The current lighting is only OK at daytime, when it's raining, at night and indoors it looks horrible. How one can claim that the current lighting is better than in SOD trailer is beyond me.
You just need some sort of cheat to avoid fall damage and then you can jump over the walls. I believe you go back to Kaer Morhen later in the game though, so I'm not sure if that area is actually anything special. I guess the draw distance might be better? Not sure.

To all people saying that PCs cannot run the SOD trailer version of the game, this is so far from the truth.

I am running Skyrim with 450 mods, a mod pack (with 200+texture mods, ENB...) . My pc is more than 5 years old, only updated the GFX card a year ago to Nvidia 780...

The game looks stunning first of all, and im running between 30-60 FPS outdoors and 60 FPS stable indoors.

If the Witcher 3 cannot be played with a graphical upgrade on today's hardware, then simply the game is not properly optimized.

To all people saying that PCs cannot run the SOD trailer version of the game, this is so far from the truth.

I am running Skyrim with 450 mods, a mod pack (with 200+texture mods, ENB...) . My pc is more than 5 years old, only updated the GFX card a year ago to Nvidia 780...

The game looks stunning first of all, and im running between 30-60 FPS outdoors and 60 FPS stable indoors.

If the Witcher 3 cannot be played with a graphical upgrade on today's hardware, then simply the game is not properly optimized.
:facepalm: skyrim and the witcher 3 dont use the same engine, therefore cant compare them to one another. Also skyrim has less npcs, smaller cities and lots of loading screens

skyrim and the witcher 3 dont use the same engine, therefore cant compare them to one another. Also skyrim has less npcs, smaller cities and lots of loading screens

actually you're both correct ^^

it is true that skyrim was well optimized for its time when it came out and even an old pc could make it work with everything on low (40-50 fps). furthermore, with the extensive mods that are out there, and some of them are very demanding, but can still be run by a decent modern rig, which is pretty good as @tarikko.
furthemore, optimization isn't downgrading your game to make it run, as they have did.
Optimization, by definition, is to make the most out of your input to produce the maximum input.

on the other hand, as @the_eternal_fire have mentionned, TW3 uses a completely different engine, therefore different algorithms, coding and hardware resources managment. furthermore, it doesn't have any loading screen, which is demanding by itself. kinda like in Gothic 3:it looked great,not amazing compared to other games of its time, but was demanding in terms of resources for not having a single loading screen. everything loads at once.

Last edited:
:facepalm: skyrim and the witcher 3 dont use the same engine, therefore cant compare them to one another. Also skyrim has less npcs, smaller cities and lots of loading screens

And therefore we cannot compare? So we can only compare games with the same engine? As in: We can only compare the Witcher with the Witcher. *Facepalm*

Good video.

Apparently according to a CDPR dev HIMSELF, PC's were PERFECTLY capable of running the old version of the Witcher 3. So people should stop the nonsense that 99% wouldn't be able to run it.

Starting at 5:49 he says the exact thing I find as the most reasonable cause of the PC downgrade. Now lets baptize reasoning as a conspiracy theory :D

Starting at 5:49 he says the exact thing I find as the most reasonable cause of the PC downgrade. Now lets baptize reasoning as a conspiracy theory :D

I agree, he is pretty straightforward about it. CDPR just sold themselves out for Microsoft and Sony to make the game on par with the consoles.

They could have made a the pc version of the game first then adapted it for consoles 6 months later like they did for Witcher 2 but they likely didn't have the budget for that. Not that i know anything but they likely didn't have the budget to make 2 separate versions of the game, one for pc and one for console. the way their engine works probably means when they make changes to the console build the pc build is also affected, unles they put in a lot more dev time to separate the two. I'm probably wrong but i think all this stuff about MS and Sony paying cdpr and other companies money to not make their consoles look bad is rubbish.

Last edited:
gone to skellige yesterday, ther's something special about lighting there, its really really better than any other zone, even when the sun isnt directly hitting the area the lighting look more realistic, in the other zones it look just dull, i think it might be the least downgraded area

What? No...the lightning is what is wrong with the game. It's what's wrong with every single area. Badowski, the lead designer said it himself, 'maybe we should have tried a different tenderer' . That imo is the biggest visual issue with TW3, and what separates it from the past games.

So are you telling me that Skyrim's Engine, which is 4 years older, is better than the TW3 engine?

My mods include revamped and extended cities, New Areas, 100s of new NPCs and unique monsters... I don't really care about loading screens as long as i can indulge in eye candy.

So are you telling me that Skyrim's Engine, which is 4 years older, is better than the TW3 engine?

My mods include revamped and extended cities, New Areas, 100s of new NPCs and unique monsters... I don't really care about loading screens as long as i can indulge in eye candy.

less loading screens, more stuff to loaded in the background, which affects performance. Also the city in the witcher 3 are still bigger even in comparision to the modded ones

Lol I don't know what are people complaining about. The Witcher was and still one of my favorite games of all the time and it doesn't look all that glorious this days and so what. Great game is great no matter graphics! Stop crying and start playing! Maybe everyone who complains need to go and replay witcher games and then come back and talk about witcher 3.

Lol I don't know what are people complaining about. The Witcher was and still one of my favorite games of all the time and it doesn't look all that glorious this days and so what. Great game is great no matter graphics! Stop crying and start playing! Maybe everyone who complains need to go and replay witcher games and then come back and talk about witcher 3.

You realize this is the Grafics Thread yes?

--> Apples --> Oranges.

---------- Updated at 01:41 PM ----------

I don't know if it was already posted or nor, but I just take some screenshoot..

This is from gameplay:

And this is from SOD trailer:

Hmm.. :ermm:

Ouch, warn us next time Dude, my poor Eyes. Did you make that Screenshot?

guys are getting the wrong idea here..

No doubt the game is a masterpiece, a splendid work of art... But, what people who are complaining here wish for, is to make it even better...

I have saved money since i heard about the Witcher 3 in order to buy a new pc and play it on maximum settings and immerse myself to the fullest.

They have raised our expectations, so no doubt some people will feel disappointed and to some extent cheated..

As long as CDPR will release a graphical update that will bring it more or less to SOD levels, in my opinion, no harm was done..

Let us just hope CDPR will do that..I am certain they still have the assets in their possession..otherwise i will wait for modders before i play the game.

Skyrim on release was garbage tbh... Later on Bethesda released the HD pack which improved it.. before the modders took over and made it into the wonder it is now..

Yeah. And I was talking about graphics don't make great games! Story and impact of ur decisions do as well as artistic design of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom