CDPR response to PS4 frame rate

+
CDPR response to PS4 frame rate

The Witcher 3 Stuttering / Ruckler PS4 Patch 1.03 youtu.be/cWg6U1tKPI4 @witchergame @marcin360 @MilezZx what a mess ... next gen?!?

marcin360
@81chrisso @witchergame @MilezZx the camera stutter is getting a fix in the next patch.8:00am - 31 May 15

@marcin360 @81chrisso @witchergame @MilezZx And the frame rates drop PS4 when will it be fixed ?If it will take long just say don't ignore

marcin360
@moonwalker_1986 @81chrisso @witchergame @MilezZx we are looking into this. Can't give any details yet. Sorry.9:05am - 31 May 15

The Witcher 3 Stuttering / Ruckler PS4 Patch 1.03 youtu.be/cWg6U1tKPI4 @witchergame @marcin360 @MilezZx what a mess ... next gen?!?

marcin360
@81chrisso @witchergame @MilezZx the camera stutter is getting a fix in the next patch.8:00am - 31 May 15

@marcin360 @81chrisso @witchergame @MilezZx And the frame rates drop PS4 when will it be fixed ?If it will take long just say don't ignore

marcin360
@moonwalker_1986 @81chrisso @witchergame @MilezZx we are looking into this. Can't give any details yet. Sorry.9:05am - 31 May 15

wow what a reponds we are looking into this can't give any details yet ?

really ? they dident notice the framerate was shit before and after they released the game? and now they cant even answer the question honestly?

why not be honest and just say listen guys/girls we fucked up we rushed it out the door we are working on fixing the problem we are really sorry
here ( are 32 extra free dlc for you) :hatsoff:

Last edited:
Looking into it... What a terrible response. I already stopped playing the game because of the frame rate, I'm waiting for a patch before I can continue. I don't understand why this isn't important to CDPR, they made such a great game but with these framerates it doesn't matter how great the game is, it's just not playable. If they don't fix this in a few weeks, this was my last game from CDPR, clearly they want to develop for PC and releasing it on consoles just to get more money to make a bigger game. But I really hope they will fix it.

Looking into it... What a terrible response. I already stopped playing the game because of the frame rate, I'm waiting for a patch before I can continue. I don't understand why this isn't important to CDPR, they made such a great game but with these framerates it doesn't matter how great the game is, it's just not playable. If they don't fix this in a few weeks, this was my last game from CDPR, clearly they want to develop for PC and releasing it on consoles just to get more money to make a bigger game. But I really hope they will fix it.

Yeah i like how they said if it wasent for consoles we wouldent have been able to make this game
and yet they throw such a broken game out the door to us

Look guys we love you so much ( here is this amazing broken game with a framerate that sparks around 20 fps)

Sorry to hear you aren't playing anymore. Hope they adjust those fps for you and others who are bothered by the drops so you guys can enjoy this awesome game once more! I just wish increasing fps didn't mean decreasing everything else but thats how these things work. Id imagine another downgrade will be done to suit people who need 40-80 fps. Hopefully it can be an optional setting but knowing how console patches work, it wont be lol Anyways.. See ya soon!

Sorry to hear you aren't playing anymore. Hope they adjust those fps for you and others who are bothered by the drops so you guys can enjoy this awesome game once more! I just wish increasing fps didn't mean decreasing everything else but thats how these things work. Id imagine another downgrade will be done to suit people who need 40-80 fps. Hopefully it can be an optional setting but knowing how console patches work, it wont be lol Anyways.. See ya soon!

Wrong thats not how things work its called clean up the code doing performance patches fix the horrible memory leaks in the effect code. witch has nothing to do with downgrading the game even more than it was since 2013.

Last edited:
Wrong thats not how things work its called clean up the code doing performance patches fix the horrible memory leaks in the effect code. witch has nothing to do with downgrading the game even more than it was since 2013.

Eh. Not so sure bout that. Most instances when fps is increased, shading, particles, textures, shadows, lighting and effects are decreased so there is less of a load on the hardware but maybe you work for CDPR or have insider knowledge to the gaming industry? Its fantasy to think fps increase won't affect graphics, visuals and overall game play. Well Well. Thank the heavens you people will always have something to complain about. What would life be if you were not so unhappy and angry all the time?

Banana .. HAMMA!

Eh. Not so sure bout that. Most instances when fps is increased, shading, particles, textures, shadows, lighting and effects are decreased so there is less of a load on the hardware but maybe you work for CDPR or have insider knowledge to the gaming industry? Its fantasy to think fps increase won't affect graphics, visuals and overall game play. Well Well. Thank the heavens you people will always have something to complain about. What would life be if you were not so unhappy and angry all the time?

Banana .. HAMMA!

Of course i complain i payed full price for a game that's fucked, so i got every right to complain.. for as long
as it takes, for them to fix it :)

I stopped playing as well cause of horrible framerate so I tried playing Witcher 2 enhanced edition on PC and that game is one of the worst game I've played lol. Currently got skyrim and going to play until this unacceptable framerate is fixd

I stopped playing as well cause of horrible framerate so I tried playing Witcher 2 enhanced edition on PC and that game is one of the worst game I've played lol. Currently got skyrim and going to play until this unacceptable framerate is fixd

Try play witcher 1 it's aging but still alright if you really need a witcher fix :D

Banana .. HAMMA!

lol.. Your awesome! Anywho. I hope that they can make everyone happy on both sides of fps. I personally, am quite content with it as it is. Others are reporting they are having seizures and headaches. I am fine with more fps but not the extent that the game goes to the butcher shop either. Hopefully they can find a nice balance for both parties to find happiness. (^ ^ )_//

I added seizures jokingly. You would think at the rate the complaints roll in, that this fps issue is life threatening lol

The frame rate is poor in the swamps/bog etc and does spoil the immersion and combat. Shame the game doesn't run like shadows of mordor. But the game breaking quest bugs and crashes are undefendable. They should of done more beta testing before releasing it and they must have known this which is unexcusable. Anyway I can't continue due to a quest bug and they need to sort these out asap, which with certification will take bloody ages. No more purchasing on launch day for me. Let's hope batman is better.

I wonder why any of CDPR tech members havent asnwered or repsoned yet at any thread about fps drops/shutters/graphics/....I just dont get it,they are so passive to that!At least give us hope lol....I dont have money to waste

I wonder why any of CDPR tech members havent asnwered or repsoned yet at any thread about fps drops/shutters/graphics/....I just dont get it,they are so passive to that!At least give us hope lol....I dont have money to waste

Because they are ashamed they know they fucked it up and rushed it out the door well knowing it wasent ready.

The frame rate is poor in the swamps/bog etc and does spoil the immersion and combat. Shame the game doesn't run like shadows of mordor. But the game breaking quest bugs and crashes are undefendable. They should of done more beta testing before releasing it and they must have known this which is unexcusable. Anyway I can't continue due to a quest bug and they need to sort these out asap, which with certification will take bloody ages. No more purchasing on launch day for me. Let's hope batman is better.

Witcher 3 hasn't given me any issues luckily and its launch is pretty successful in my opinion. Its not as bad as Battlefield 4, jeez that was a disaster. Worst still was Driveclub. Driveclub.. wow.. is still broken lol.. Or more recently Street Fighter.. Witcher 3 is still playable and enjoyable. As for the xp bug, I haven't found it but I do save before every quest now and double check the xp award after completion. There are a confirmed 70 levels to obtain. I would imagine the minuscule amount of xp people might lose won't affect them later on when they release DLC that allows for monster grinding or something. How else are we to get to 70? haha. I am sure it will all work out. Just some turbulence we got to go through first. I hope Batman is good but I have no plans on playing it lol :p Got other games on my radar before I go there.

---------- Updated at 06:09 PM ----------

Because they are ashamed they know they fucked it up and rushed it out the door well knowing it wasent ready.

Or because its not a serious problem? Do you realize that hundreds of thousands of people are just fine with the game and aren't coming on to forums to complain? I have 7 friends on PSN right now who are playing and have been since launch. Im the only one that comes onto forums. Not every person who plays W3 is a forum/twitter complainer.

Its sad that you would say they are ashamed. I can only imagine how they (CD Projekt Red) must feel to bring to millions of people a living breathing work of art, and have all these ungrateful people who have no idea the years of sacrifice/heartache that went into the game, have nothing but negative thing after negative thing to say about it. Its no surprise they have been quiet. You guys are hurtful most times and are extremely hard to please. I personally don't understand it. And you guys wonder why video game companies treat us bad? Come on. Wake up.

Its sad that you would say they are ashamed. I can only imagine how they (CD Projekt Red) must feel to bring to millions of people a living breathing work of art, and have all these ungrateful people who have no idea the years of sacrifice/heartache that went into the game, have nothing but negative thing after negative thing to say about it. Its no surprise they have been quiet. You guys are hurtful most times and are extremely hard to please. I personally don't understand it. And you guys wonder why video game companies treat us bad? Come on. Wake up.

The game is broken and I can't play.
From my point of view not enough sacrifice/heartache went into it.
W3 is the most broken game I have seen since I started playing video games 30 years ago.
I don't care how they feel. It's not primary school where you get awarded for effort.

Last edited:
Buy an xbox if you want to play TW3, it's rough but true... with 1.03 framerate is almost perfect, even when raining, storm, griffon, the only hiccups are in velen swamps with storm, but we are talking 27/28fps dips 25 max. Framerate is at 30 98% of the time and the game is fantastic!!
TW3 on xbox is a technical masterpiece and one of the best game of all time, unfortunatly, not on ps4...
i bought CE for ps4 but have resell my copy now and i'm so happy with xone version, hope it can improve in a future patch for ps4.

Banana .. HAMMA!

As a blanket statement what you're saying is false.

GTA had framerate issues and it was fixed with out a dip in visual quality. Optimization.

It could be any number of things. effects and visuals are just 1 of many.

Considering even Titans are having issues. It's looking like it just wasn't optimized.

The game is broken and I can't play.
From my point of view not enough sacrifice/heartache went into it.
W3 is the most broken game I have seen since I started playing video games 30 years ago.
I don't care how they feel. It's not primary school where you get awarded for effort.

No its not. Driveclub is got to be the most broken game of this generation if you ask me. Hundreds of hours of progress randomly deleted, servers that drop all the time, tons of bugs, i mean really, Driveclub set the bar for what a broken game is. You must not play many games if you think this is the most broken game ever.. Thats a bold statement when we have a plethora of terrible games to compare Witcher 3 to, basically anything Ubisoft/EA has released in the last 6 years is far worst than this. I really hope your being sarcastic. Worst game in history of the industry is still Atari's E.T. To call yourself a gamer for 30 years is insulting to yourself considering what you presented in your post. If the game is the worst ever, why do you care to come to the forums? Cant you find another game to play like Pong? lol Jeez.

Top Bottom