How well is the PS4 version running for you? (Performance - wise)

+

How well is the PS4 version running for you? (Performance - wise)

• It runs like a dream - how is this possible?

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Occasional stutter but doesn't detract from my enjoyment.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Performance noticeably drops fairly often - killing my immersion.

Votes: 57 42.9%
  • Constant performance fluctuations - putting game on hold until it's playable.

Votes: 36 27.1%

• Total voters
My hdd: HGST Travelstar 1TB 7200RPM. The game runs pretty good. I can't really notice FPS drops, just the stutter when I pan the cam too much. Some minor bugs like dead guys floating off the ground. Had a drowner swimming on the land. Only bugs that scare me are the ones that people say are game breaking, so I look on some forums and stay away from those quests

HDD are now improving FPS guise! kek

Extra RPMs helps loading off the hdd faster.....as far as I know......initial loading screen for me is on for about 45 secs....

Ashii

Forum veteran
@Up: Xbox runs at 900p, while ps4 on 1k, so it's normally witcher on xone runs better.
Anyway... this is how textures are trying to load on ps4 when I'm in Novigrad. This is unacceptable.

Attachments

• Textures.jpg
    Textures.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 31
Massive and constant fps drop, when it's night, windy, foggy and/or lighting effects are on. Goes all the way to 20fps and stays there, which is very exhausting to play.

Is anyone else experiencing the glitch that makes Geralt and all characters appear wet, when you pause the game?? Is there any news on this being fixed?

It's fine for me. Some little fps stutter but nothing disappointing

enjoy 24/7 cinematic experience soon in crookback bog and anywhere else!

---------- Updated at 05:11 AM ----------

Another comparison, more buttery smooth double cinematic 20 fps on PS4 ... <smh>

[video=youtube;nev-qxmHR7c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nev-qxmHR7c[/video]

that is pretty sad and that place is one of the reason that got me depressed and stopped playing this game. cinematic experience constant slideshow

My game is okay when fighting and walking around! BUT when i goto a merchant and click buy on somethng it takes maybe 10sec for it to show in my inventory. If i try to dissmantle 20 something(dont matter what) the game freeze and stutter for 10-15sec very annoying...

If you want to play TW3 on consoles, get an Xbox one, i bought CE ps4 and traded it, Xbox version is almost perfect performances wise, the game is optimised perfectly for it, only dips are in the velen swamps but it's dips to 27/28 max and for very few times, u can check all the performances video about Xbox, it's a near perfect 30fps locked, in every area including Novigrad, storm, rain, when riding a horse etc.. ps4 is dips everywhere... unplayable!!

If you want to play TW3 on consoles, get an Xbox one, i bought CE ps4 and traded it, Xbox version is almost perfect performances wise, the game is optimised perfectly for it, only dips are in the velen swamps but it's dips to 27/28 max and for very few times, u can check all the performances video about Xbox, it's a near perfect 30fps locked, in every area including Novigrad, storm, rain, when riding a horse etc.. ps4 is dips everywhere... unplayable!!

are you a salesperson from Microsoft? you are posting always about XBONE.

This is the forum for PS4, we are demanding CD Projekt Red optimize this game for PS4.

You have the XBONE forum too if you want show off.

Sorry i've got both, and was fooled because of course i bought ps4 1st, so i just want to inform people who own both consoles to make the right choice, because it's night and day betwwen the 2...
Sorry if it is annoying you or else, it's not my purpose...

---------- Updated at 10:38 AM ----------

And it's not because i say one time buy xbox version, that i'm a ms saleman...
So everytime someone tell me to buy ps4 version is a sony saleman? Because in it's case, there's a lot!!!

And it's not because i say one time buy xbox version, that i'm a ms saleman...
So everytime someone tell me to buy ps4 version is a sony saleman? Because in it's case, there's a lot!!!

One time? you are talking about XBONE version from days ago on all topics related to the performance on PS4. We know it, there are several videos comparing performance.

Performance is just fine for me and many others. Couldn't be happier and I am still playing the game, have been since launch, no problems here. Slaying monsters and looting is so much fun. Mainstream gamers expect too much and are impossible to please, thus refusing to play because of trivial things that don't affect the actual gameplay. Feels good to know you guys are miserable and can't play your game. Theres nothing wrong with it. Your only punishing yourselves which is what you guys deserve anyways and brings me pleasure in knowing it. CD Projekt Red made a kick ass game that runs great and all you guys do is whine and complain. Totally insensitive and and ungrateful. Hope they never patch the already great game, so you tools will disappear and find some other game to slowly suck the life from.

As for the xbox guy..What are you? Rainman of FPS? Your eyes can calculate fps as you play? Do you realize there is no way to accurately tell what consoles run at fps wise? Its as accurate as carbon dating. Also, you might want to research what locking fps does, its obvious you don't know. Because it doesn't mean it locks it at the games fps at 30fps, it simply doesn't allow fps to go above 30fps. So all those low frames didn't magically disappear, only the rose tainted glasses your wearing is hiding them from your view. Performance wise, your game should not have changed much if at all with the lock. You xbox guys see a "30 fps lock" and think thats where its going to run now.. its hilarious. On top of that, you realize xbox1 has a weaker gpu than the ps4? On top it runs in 720p where the ps4 runs at 1080p? lol Good stuff though. Thanks for giving me a good laugh. Glad you wasted your time trading in your console and collectors edition to play the same game on an xbox. Totally the highlight of my day. Even still, the performance factors between the two consoles is minimal. Its like saying pepsi is better than coke. Or the best hamburger is the whopper compared to the big mac. If you are concerned about fps performance and graphics, you need to purchase a PC. But hell, this whole conversation is bound to go right over your head as its clear you lack the ability to rationally think or produce a thought that is your own.

Last edited:
"Runs great"? This game runs poorly on the PS4 and there is plenty of video evidence to prove this. Here's how we know you are a troll:

"Feels good to know you guy are miserable and can't play your game".
"Your only punishing yourselves which is what you guys deserve anyways and brings me pleasure in knowing it".
"Thanks for giving me a good laugh".
"Glad you wasted your time".
"Totally the highlight of my day".

Just in one post? You probably don't even own the PS4 version..or if you do you most definitely haven't left the White Orchard starting area. LOL

Last edited:
Top Bottom