Please, explain me logic of the neutral ending [Spoilers]

+
In the end, I couldn't go with the "greater good" of the North or the greater good of the South but had to play how I felt Geralt would do it. Geralt wouldn't betray Roche and he wouldn't assassinate Radovid knowing it would result in Nilfgaard winning. It was a choice of evils and Geralt said it best.

Well not getting involved is ultimately a choice perfectly in line with Geralt as a character, since yes he wouldn't betray Roche, there's still one problem with your logic.

My Geralt will deal with Radovid when the time comes but after the war is won. This also has the helpful ending of getting Emhyr assassinated, which means Geralt just needs to get rid of Radovid and Phillipa Eilhart to guarantee Witcher Ciri's safety.

Aren't you being selfish :p, thousands of lives being destroyed by Radovid himself ain't enough, you gotta ensure thousands more die by killing the last remaining crowned head who has no heir and would plunge the north into another crisis like Temeria was in TW2 resulting in thousands dead.

Perfectly in line with Geralt of Rivia who'd watch the world burn before he let anyone harm Ciri but your Geralt would fail. It takes Dijkstra's considerable pull with the underworld in Redania to ensure the city guards don't save Radovid and it takes Roche and all his men to fight Radovid's personal guard.

Even if Geralt managed it he would be highly unlikely to walk away, and then what? Someone else comes to power or Nilfgaard under Voorhis will come back in and conquer the north as it happens in canon after Emhyr is removed .

Ultimately even under this scenario, which I call wishful thinking at best, Ciri would still remain hunted by those seeking to use her whereas in the Empress ending she realizes that she has to stop running and make a real stand and she can only do so as the rightful ruler of the Empire.

One of the key points of the main story is that Geralt can't hold Ciri's hand and protect her, she needs to do that herself on her own. Trying to hold her hand like a little girl will only get her killed.

True, I suspect Triss will smack him out of this daydream anyway.

I do think Radovid isn't long for this world, though.

He's made too many powerful enemies.

True enough on that account, but without Radovid the North collapses to Nilfgaard in the future, it doesn't matter if it's years or decades down the line it will happen. It's inevitable.

Which is why I imagine if there's a W4 with Ciri as the protagonist then it will be as her preparing to take the crown of the Empire but not quite there on the throne so as to allow her freedom of movement.

Last edited:
True enough on that account, but without Radovid the North collapses to Nilfgaard in the future, it doesn't matter if it's years or decades down the line it will happen. It's inevitable.

Eh, I don't think Nilfgaard has the ability to conquer the North. Three wars and "our cultural superiority will triumph" has 2/3rds of the endings end with Nilfgaard getting its butt kicked. The irony is I'm pretty sure they'd be able to win if they weren't so very good at making the locals HATE them.

They're a paper tiger and will be broken without their Emperor (I hope).

Which is why I imagine if there's a W4 with Ciri as the protagonist then it will be as her preparing to take the crown of the Empire but not quite there on the throne so as to allow her freedom of movement.

I hope not, I couldn't play a game with Ciri as Queen of Nilfgaard. Which is a shame because I really-really want a game with her as the protag.

Not because of dislike of Nilfgaard, per se, but because I want Ciri to be a Witcher not a Queen.

Last edited:
The portrait of Ciri in the pink dress on Emhyrs wall more or less says everything you want to know about her opinion of the Imperial life.

Three wars and "our cultural superiority will triumph" has 2/3rds of the endings end with Nilfgaard getting its butt kicked. The irony is I'm pretty sure they'd be able to win if they weren't so very good at making the locals HATE them.

And in every case it's the internal politics of the Empire that lead to every war being lost. Radovid holding on and winning a few victories does weaken Emhyr's grip on power but the nobility has never liked him since he refused to sire an heir with any noble house.

Instead Emhyr has always wanted Ciri to become Empress because only her blood can stop the White Frost.

And she never wanted to go to Vizima, its Geralt suggestion, and he must tamper her to go

Doesn't change the fact that ultimately the decision to become Empress is hers and hers alone. People change their minds you know.

Is this from books too or only game

Books as well. Though different is that there it's her grand child who will supposedly stop the White Frost not Ciri herself. So Emhyr wanted to marry her and have a child with her, yay incest. He did abandon this plan in the books and let Ciri go with Geralt and Yennefer.

In the books Emhyr stays in Nilfgaard to keep a handle on the opposition while sending a capable general in form of Coehorn to conquer the North, the problem is that there were plenty of others generals at the front that were disloyal and helped fuck it, especially with the Army Group West.

In Witcher 3 Emhyr goes to the front himself so that history doesn't repeat itself, but this creates instability at home as the opposition prepares to unite to remove him. If he is able to crush the north then he can go back and annihilate the opposition. If he doesn't manage to crush the North then this gives the opposition time to kill him.

Books as well. Though different is that there it's her grand child who will supposedly stop the White Frost not Ciri herself. So Emhyr wanted to marry her and have a child with her, yay incest. He did abandon this plan in the books and let Ciri go with Geralt and Yennefer.

In the books Emhyr stays in Nilfgaard to keep a handle on the opposition while sending a capable general in form of Coehorn to conquer the North, the problem is that there were plenty of others generals at the front that were disloyal and helped fuck it, especially with the Army Group West.

In Witcher 3 Emhyr goes to the front himself so that history doesn't repeat itself, but this creates instability at home as the opposition prepares to unite to remove him. If he is able to crush the north then he can go back and annihilate the opposition. If he doesn't manage to crush the North then this gives the opposition time to kill him.
I read the books, i tought you talk about that he wanted to make her empress only without incest thing, cuz i dont remember that from books and i tought i was miss something in the books

---------- Updated at 08:52 AM ----------

Doesn't change the fact that ultimately the decision to become Empress is hers and hers alone. People change their minds you know.
Yes you completely right, people change their minds, Emhyr can too

Plus she is very pissed when she leave conversation with Emhyr, and say she dont want to talk about it, we never see conversation between them, maybe he treaten her or blackmail her to accept throne cuz he was loosing war its Emhyr after all
She actually said something like "He thinks that he can bribe me!". I guess he offered her an empress title and she though that he's trying to fix their father-daughter relationships like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvvMqjGAxaY&index=69&list=PL4vbGURud_HrCSHT2MiwFyh6V-o5rmihz
Can check this video between 6-7 and Geralt opinion on this, i think she is just a tool to him to stop a war, even conversation with general Vooris confirm it
Emhyr not the nicest guy but I don't think he wants to treat Ciri badly. I guess he just thinks he knows what better for Ciri, regardless of her opinion. Funny, actually he's some how similar to Geralt on this topic. Both want a happy future for her as an empress or as a witcher. Both accept in the both ends her decision - Geralt don't try to stop her, Emhyr don't try to investigate and just let them go.

Last edited:
Emhyr not the nicest guy but I don't think he wants to treat Ciri badly. I guess he just thinks he knows what better for Ciri, regardless of her opinion. Funny, actually he's some how similar to Geralt on this topic. Both want a happy future for her as an empress or as a witcher. Both accept in the both ends her decision - Geralt don't try to stop her, Emhyr don't try to investigate and just let them go.
Well in that scenario he dont need Ciri as empress anymore cuz he won the war, because Radovid and Djikstra are both dead, i tought in begining that he is maybe changed, but he then refuse to send army in Kaer Morhen while life of his daughter was on stake, and why he wanted so badly his general to be there, i simply could not trust him anymore

Don't read too much into Emhyr not sending an army, it's just a meaningless conversation that didn't go anywhere because CDPR wasn't going to change something as major as Kaer Morhen.

The thing is: There's nothing that push or force Ciri to accept the throne. The only way for her to accept it, is if Geralt and Yennefer convince her and support her in Nilfgaard, but that doesn't happen.

The thing is: There's nothing that push or force Ciri to accept the throne. The only way for her to accept it, is if Geralt and Yennefer convince her and support her in Nilfgaard, but that doesn't happen.
She said it herself - as a witcher she can kill drowners all day long and in fact it will change nothing in the grand scheme of things, but as empress she can really make a difference.

Last edited:
Don't read too much into Emhyr not sending an army, it's just a meaningless conversation that didn't go anywhere because CDPR wasn't going to change something as major as Kaer Morhen.

Then they could have had Geralt just not come.

The reason why Emhyr wanted his general there was so that if Ciri didn't come, Voormis would take her back by force.

At least that was my take.

Then they could have had Geralt just not come.

The reason why Emhyr wanted his general there was so that if Ciri didn't come, Voormis would take her back by force.

At least that was my take.

But then he has the opportunity later to force her when she's surrounded by his soldiers before the final battle and he doesn't do it.

Top Bottom