Please, explain me logic of the neutral ending [Spoilers]

+
Maybe cuz war is over at that point, he does not need her as a tool anymore, to me empress ending has feeling like i push her to do so, even she dont trust emhyr she say what if he wants something more, witcher ending seem like something she wants

Last edited:
Because her father (and Geralt by taking him to her) has convinced her that this is the "right" thing to do.

Sure, but when she told me about emperror's proposal, first thing i responded - "i hope you refused?". But she told me that she needs to think about it.

Personally i think its silly ending.
Sirila is dead, look this is entirely different blonde with green eyes and scar on her chick. Nevermind sword on her back
</Axii off>

personally, i wouldnt be surprised, if Witcher 4 had completely new character, where let say Empress Ciri would reestablish Witcher Schools to fight monsters that got to their world during that conjuction... with Geralt taking over shool of the Wolf, teaching new Witchers...

personally, i wouldnt be surprised, if Witcher 4 had completely new character, where let say Empress Ciri would reestablish Witcher Schools to fight monsters that got to their world during that conjuction... with Geralt taking over shool of the Wolf, teaching new Witchers...

Given plenty of people think Ciri shouldn't be Empress, I doubt that will happen. I also am pretty sure Empress Ciri is a very unlikely one for them to adopt given most players won't choose it.

why not? i got that ending without seeking it, and i think it is perfectly within Ciri character. Ciri is selfless person who would not put own happiness over happiness of all people, and her being Empress means end of the war against North and Skellige... It gives her chance to do something about the world she lives in..

why not? i got that ending without seeking it, and i think it is perfectly within Ciri character. Ciri is selfless person who would not put own happiness over happiness of all people, and her being Empress means end of the war against North and Skellige... It gives her chance to do something about the world she lives in..

On a basic level, Geralt putting Ciri on the throne of Nilfgaard means that he trusts Emhyrs to take care of her despite the fact he hunted her down to the ends of the Continent in the past to enslave her/marry her/rape her in an incestuous marriage. It also means that he trusts the person who has invaded his homeland and (as we discover) has gone against his word on several occassions in the game.

1. The Emperor betrayed Fringella Vigo despite promising them amnesty.
2. The Emperor betrayed Letho when he promised him amnesty.
3. The Emperor refused to send aid to save Ciri unless it was under his command.

As Catelyn Stark says, "You are a man without honor."

Ciri as Empress will also mean that she is conducting a brutal occupation of her friends, homeland, and territories with the aid of the SWORN ENEMIES of her closest friends. Skellige considers the Nilfgaard to be their mortal enemies and Ciri being Queen of them isn't going to change their opinion.

I'm not saying Ciri can't pull it off, she can because Ciri is awesome.

However, I can't help but think she'll do more good as a Witcher on the ground. There are countless terrible supernatural things helping people.

and Nilfgaard and politics need to sort themselves out.

Actually, Geralt didnt put her on a throne.. at least not in my playthrough. I was especially careful to make sure Ciri makes her own decision, but of course it was influenced by the fact i kept my word and brought her to see Emperor.

To me empress ending seems like Geralt pushed her that way, not what she wanted, she wanted to go to Velen in the first place, even if she ask you opinion to go to Vizima and you chose that option, she say what if he wants something more, there is no wise words like he is changed, he love you, he want forgiveness, all Geralt has to say is he PROMISED me to not force you anything, but not only Emhyr dont keep his promises but he also get rid of people when he dont have use of them anymore

In the end I chose to tell Ciri that her father wanted to see her again, to talk to her. Then when she asked me for my opinion I told her that it was her decision. She didn't budge, she's stubborn, so she again pushed for Geralt's opinion. Geralt told her what he thought about Emhyr. He told Ciri that he was afraid that he might manipulate her into becoming Empress. And you know what? He was right.

In this world, in all worlds, there will always be war. There will always be terrible people, doing terrible things. There will always be tyrannical kings, greedy lords, and racist peasants. There will always be pain and suffering, and there will always be injustice. This is not Ciri's burden, it's nobodies burden unless that's what they want. And clearly, through every conversation you have with Ciri, that's exactly the opposite of what she wants.

Ciri might be a good ruler, and maybe in the grand scheme of things she does some good, but is it worth her happiness? Her entire life? I don't think so. Ciri has already saved the world twice, in fact now she's saved every world. She has sacrificed her happiness time and time again for the sake of other people. It's time for her to forge her own way, imo, and not be bound by her blood. It's time for her to choose her own destiny. I don't think this happens if you let Emhyr manipulate her into taking the role as his heir.

"Manipulate her", "Push her". Funny, you're treating her like a little stupid girl, you may get the bad ending! I think the game states obviously - she is not a small girl, don't treat her like that, she can make her own decisions, she's capable to argue with Philippa Eilhart and make the sorceress to turn pale, she's capable to beat the white frost and, I'm sure, she can make truly her own decisions, even if someone trying to push her.

Well i got witcher ending cuz i always did what she wanted like, lets go to velen, go to skjal grave, steal horses

Well i got witcher ending cuz i always did what she wanted like, lets go to velen, go to skjal grave, steal horses
I prefer the witcher ending too, adventures and stuff! I just find funny that people keep talking about how she pushed, forced, manipulated and etc. in the empress ending while actually the main thing about her in the game - she know what to do, basically "she's strong independent woman who don't need no man" lol

I prefer the witcher ending too, adventures and stuff! I just find funny that people keep talking about how she pushed, forced, manipulated and etc. in the empress ending while actually the main thing about her in the game - she know what to do, basically "she's strong independent woman who don't need no man" lol
I dont think that empress ending is bad or something or that Geralt forced her to do so, but she need a little convincing first by Geralt then by Emhyr ( we dont actually se what he offer her, but she seems pretty pissed ), that is why i think its not what she want if i must convince her to go see emhyr

I dont think that empress ending is bad or something or that Geralt forced her to do so, but she need a little convincing first by Geralt then by Emhyr ( we dont actually se what he offer her, but she seems pretty pissed ), that is why i think its not what she want if i must convince her to go see emhyr
I get you, but I think she don't need " a little convincing", she just never thought about it at all! Of course she freaked out at first, but MUCH latter, it seems HALF of YEAR or even more passed between her talk with Emhyr and ending, she saw it as good idea. Half a year is a good time to think about something like that, without haste or pressure.

I get you, but I think she don't need " a little convincing", she just never thought about it at all! Of course she freaked out at first, but MUCH latter, it seems HALF of YEAR or even more passed between her talk with Emhyr and ending, she saw it as good idea. Half a year is a good time to think about something like that, without haste or pressure.
Yea maybe you right i understand your point, but when you choose lets go to Vizima she say yea Yennefer mentioned something i got impression that she knows that Emhyr want to see her but she does not care too much about it

Yea maybe you right i understand your point, but when you choose lets go to Vizima she say yea Yennefer mentioned something i got impression that she knows that Emhyr want to see her but she does not care too much about it
I understand her, the wild hunt after her, she has to stop the white frost, she and Geralt are going to kill bad ass witches and bad ass elf. Some stupid talks with an old dude sure not the first priority thing in her mind.

Interesting point:

* Ciri wants to be a Witcher

* Yennefer wants her to be Empress for her own safety.

* Emhyr wants her to be Empress for the good of the world and his legacy.

* Geralt has to choose between what's good for the world and her safety or what's good for her and the option isn't really immediately obvious.

Some stupid talks with an old dude sure not the first priority thing in her mind.
Maybe is just like Zoltan says: What he has to say to me anyway i prefer listening horses fart

---------- Updated at 12:31 PM ----------

Geralt has to choose between what's good for the world and her safety or what's good for her and the option isn't really immediately obvious.
I guess he just has to decide does he want to be father or superhero, the rest will come on its own

Top Bottom