Finally beat Griffin in Orchard on Death March perma death

+
Finally beat Griffin in Orchard on Death March perma death

After many tries I finally managed to beat the Griifin on DM without dying.
Also meaning everyrhing from start without deaths.

Yep I play perma death. Now onto Velen :)

Keep lying to yourself, we all do.

*NOOO* why did I die because of such silly mistake..
10 seconds later..
Lalalala, never happen, it never happen, lalalalala..

Hehe @ may17th.

The possibilities are pretty cool when you think aobut it. Game houses could keep scores (much like the systems do) that could be searchable to see other player stats. That way we could check and see how many deaths each person has had. Threads with the number of deaths when starting a run through that can be verified by the community. Then checked when finished.

All a bit pie in the sky and never going to happen, but it would be interesting, at least to people like me :)

I remember being asked if you could be competitive in a single player game... hell yes you can and most of us are lol

Why? Simply, real Geralt does not die :)
Also, it was a great way of learning the combat. And its much more satisfying playing such. good game with the main character not beaten.

Fighting Griffin is not that hard if this is your 2nd playthrough and other playthrough. Just spam quen and use tawrny to speed up stamina regen, you could defeat Griffin with ease.

In my 1st playthrough yes its freaking hard due i am still learning the mechanics of the game.

:hatsoff: Perma death you say, let see here! How about fighting a werewolf in some side quest? That werewolf in that quest is quite hard unless you got viper sword or quite invested with igni or your in higher lvl. Also in some treasure quest wraith could teleport and back stab me, even drowner could surprise me doing treasure quest that lvl of design of that point of interested is fantastic and mostly the environment.

I kill a Werewolf with Igni and Spell Trap.

Lol werewolf still quite hard in my playthrough due where the same lvl and never invested with igni. Luckily i got a viper sword. My silversword just broke fighting w/ werewolf and replace it with vipersword. I also meditate 3 x to refill my pots and bombs. Playing it on deathmarch so when i meditating my HP never regen. Luckily never died in my 2nd playthrough fighting this werewolf.

I dont see te fun in permadeath for a game like this tbh. Its great for games like X-Com where you can permanently lose team members, but half te fun is pulling through after such a loss. In W3 you just end up restarting and doing alot of the same content over and over while rarely reaching most of the later content.

Lol werewolf still quite hard in my playthrough due where the same lvl and never invested with igni. Luckily i got a viper sword. My silversword just broke fighting w/ werewolf and replace it with vipersword. I also meditate 3 x to refill my pots and bombs. Playing it on deathmarch so when i meditating my HP never regen. Luckily never died in my 2nd playthrough fighting this werewolf.
If you read your monster book you'll learn that Werewolf fear fire and takes a lot of damage from it.
I also play on Death March!

But I eat food and drink drinks to regenerate.

Hehe @ may17th.

The possibilities are pretty cool when you think aobut it. Game houses could keep scores (much like the systems do) that could be searchable to see other player stats. That way we could check and see how many deaths each person has had. Threads with the number of deaths when starting a run through that can be verified by the community. Then checked when finished.

All a bit pie in the sky and never going to happen, but it would be interesting, at least to people like me :)

I remember being asked if you could be competitive in a single player game... hell yes you can and most of us are lol
I think The Last of Us has a death count. Dunno if it's cheatable, but I think it's good mostly for myself... keeping track of how many times I died. I'd like to have that in TW3. My guess is something close to 15 times.

If you read your monster book you'll learn that Werewolf fear fire and takes a lot of damage from it.
I also play on Death March!

But I eat food and drink drinks to regenerate.

This is my 2nd playthrough and also never invested w/ igni. So i can hit this mob 3x and spamming quen. Still the werewolf the toughest boss i ever face in the game. I even fought leshen, wild hunt and etc. I really found them quite easy due i could spam quen. Monster that are really quite hard for me to beat would be monster that could regenerate especially the werewolf and fiends. Unless i invested w/ igni, good gear and weapons w/ poison. In my 2nd play through i carry 2 silver sword, one w/ poison.

Personally toughest cannon fodders in the game would be wraiths, they could teleport in my back. Especially in close environment surrounded w/ poison cloud.

Also for immersion rules i set, i use only food for out of combat except for water and drinks.

Top Bottom