TW3 without Origin?

+
TW3 without Origin?

So I'm not very tech savvy. I tend to opt for simple solutions and rely heavily on knowledgeable people to guide me. As such I usually purchase my games through companies that I have good experience with. Recently, though, Origin has added pop-ups to inform me of achievements while I play the game. They are intrusive and hideously loud. Worst of all, they cannot be disabled. So I was wondering if there is a way to play TW3 without Origin. To be clear: I've already purchased TW3 + the expansion pass. I only want to be able to play it without having Origin and EA looking over my shoulder and applauding me for arbitrary nonsense. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks so much

Does Origin have an OFFLINE mode just in case you want to game when your internet is down? Steam does, so assume Origin would as well. When Steam is in offline mode, achievements don't register.

Does Origin have an OFFLINE mode just in case you want to game when your internet is down? Steam does, so assume Origin would as well. When Steam is in offline mode, achievements don't register.

Yes you could still play there games in offline mods. Sadly buying in there store really sucks. I work overseas and somehow i cannot change the language of there store. Also you can get free old games.

Not sure if serious...

Serious, I'm afraid.

I can play in offline mode. I can also delete the achievement.wav file and prevent Origin from making my eardrums bleed. I was just curious if there was another CDPR supported way to do so. TW2 was available as a disc and didn't need Origin. I believe TW3 is as well. I bought my version through Origin. I just want to be able to play it without Origin starting up as well.

Why would you buy in Origin Store when you have GOG? I'm only having Origin for their exclusives like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, etc.

Why would you buy in Origin Store when you have GOG? I'm only having Origin for their exclusives like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, etc.

This. 1000 times this.
Ho much did you pay it? You must have got a cheap price, since i don't see any other reason to buy it on that crap client.

@whitelion1284

you want a complete ORIGIN/STEAM/UPlay or what ever DRM control service free version of The Witcher 3?

Buy it on GoG.com if you insist on digital purchase, or GO THE FUCK OUT THERE to your local and trusted
retail store, look for TW3 retail Version... install it then play.

Guess easy enough...

I only ever use Origin if the game i want is made by EA. (which is rare as i dont like EA).

Otherwise i use Steam or GOG for my game buying and use.

Only way to play TW3 without Origin, is to buy it somewhere else. As far as i know you cant turn off the achievment sound in origin as i had a quick look when i was playing DAI. Steam achievements have no sound (not sure how GO galaxy works), just sayin.

Okay. So the solution is simple. Return the game through Origin and purchase through GOG. Gotcha. Loud n' Clear.

No need of returning the game for this. Use Outcome:
http://outcome.nofate.me/

It is an alternative platform to Origin and it enables you to play all Origin games without the hassle of that interface (you can simply start the game from the desktop as usual, with no need to have any interface open).

I hope you have not already returned the game; is it possible that nobody here knew about Outcome? It's practically a must for everyone buying Origin games.

Last edited:
No need of returning the game for this. Use Outcome:
http://outcome.nofate.me/

It is an alternative platform to Origin and it enables you to play all Origin games without the hassle of that interface (you can simply start the game from the desktop as usual, with no need to have any interface open).

I hope you have not already returned the game; is it possible that nobody here knew about Outcome? It's practically a must for everyone buying Origin games.
Im sure all is fine, but I dont think i would ever download a third party client, and input my official username/password into it. This sounds like phishing pot of gold. Surely if they have a way to play origin games without the interface, you could also do so whithout needing third party software.

Im sure all is fine, but I dont think i would ever download a third party client, and input my official username/password into it. This sounds like phishing pot of gold. Surely if they have a way to play origin games without the interface, you could also do so whithout needing third party software.

Outcome is used by millions of people, of what the hell are you talking about? It is a well known program under a thrusted portal (it doesn't either use a server to store your credentials, they are stored on your local computer). Practically everyone with the Origin platform has also Outcome because it also allows you to backup/transfer Origin games without having to download them again.

However do what you want. I gave you the solution, the rest is up to you (p.s.: you could have googled the program out before posting this nonsense).

Last edited:
Top Bottom