More monsters

+
More monsters

Would love to see a few of the Witcher 1 and 2 monsters that didn't make it into this game come in as part of an expansion or DLC.
Plants - Echinops & Archespore
Vampire - Fleder, Alps, Bruxae, Garkains
Necrophage - Cemetaur, Bullvore
Insectoid - Kikimores, Giant centipedes

Also a boss fight against a Frightener would be neat.

Anyone remember those annoying swamp creatures from TW1?

They were called Bloedzuigers.

Devourers could be also the real deal from the 1st game, and not just Greater Necrophages from the 2nd game, and the existing vampires could be a little more than just katakans with different palette colors... what I'm saying is, 1st I'd like some more variation in the existing monsters, then they could add more

Totally want more monsters from books and previous witcher games. Theres alot here but some of my favorites are absent, though haven't warranted a complaint yet as there is still dlc and expansions to come lol

Guest 3713529

I too want to see more monsters from TW1, especially the boss ones, Frightener, Kikimore queen or this f*cker

Tuco

Forum veteran
Well, this is an easy point to agree on, since it would just inject even more variety in gameplay terms (assuming and hoping new monsters wouldn't act just as a reskinned version of pre-existing ones).

P.S. If I remember correctly, new monsters are already announced as part of the two expansion packs, but they never hinted about HOW MANY of them we could expect.

I just counted my Bestiary and it's 80 in total, exactly like they said. More monsters would be great because some are just reskin from others. More wild animals is welcome too, currently there are only Bears, Wolves, and Dogs, with variant of white bear and white wolves. Just for comparison DA:I has like 57 type of creatures including non-aggro ones (counting from the wikia page)

I saw Gamespot's interview with the devs, and one of them said something like "the monster guy was emailed to add another 20 monsters" , I thought we'll be having 100 monsters, so it's originally only 60.

The loading screen says something like : "You can cut off Water Hag's tongue by counterattacking so she wouldn't be able to poison you", how to counterattack monster ?

Last edited:
counterattacking should work same way as with human opponents.. its just not that a good idea to use parry against most of monsters... didnt knew it will work against water hag, will try :)

Yes to all that... oh, and Ekkimaras as well, still need those hides!

Draugirs would be nice, at least one or two at the battlefields.

counterattacking should work same way as with human opponents.. its just not that a good idea to use parry against most of monsters... didnt knew it will work against water hag, will try :)
It works against grave hags, not water hags, actually. I don't think that water hags use tongue attacks, at all.

I am sure that the expansion packs will each give us at least a decent handful of new monsters. The description for Wine & Blood, for example, seems to suggest that we're going to see some vampires.

More wild animals is welcome too, currently there are only Bears, Wolves, and Dogs, with variant of white bear and white wolves.

I've already come across a Warg to add to that list - and that's without leaving White Orchard. Yes I know I don't get much gaming time. I love the deer and rabbits you get running wild too. I've come across a rabbit carcass amongst the wolves so they can be killed. I don't have the heart though.

Yeah a Warg, usually come with a pack of wolves, it's just an alias from Norse Mythology and still refers to a wolf, I just asked mr google. Animal loots are random I think, sometimes you get the pelt, skin, heart or raw meat.

Top Bottom