Game is stuttering after 1.05 Patch

+
Game is stuttering after 1.05 Patch

After the 1.05 patch the game is stuttering heavily the whole time which makes the game almost unplayable for me.
Before this patch the game run smoothly even on the highest graphic settings. I tried numerous combinations of graphic settings (borederless window/full screen, vsync on/off, even everything to the lowest setting), but none made even the slightest difference to the games performance.

Has anybody an idea what could cause this issue and how I can fix it?

Same thing for me. I was thinking about returning to 1.04, but I don´t know how to do that. I was thinking it was because I was in Novigrad, but it happens even in Velen. Hope next patch will fix that.

Try to change your settings once (all of them) because when the game is patched, your settings look the same but in fact they are changed. If you were in fullscreen before the patch, although it still shows fullscreen, it is actually in borderless window mode. Try changing each setting once just to be on the safe side, including the post processing effects.

I hope this solves your problem ;)

I thought it is onlyme!.

970 GTX (4GB), i7 4790 16GB
I have the same problem as well, moist noticable in some cutscenes as well as riding Roach. never had this issue pre 1.05. I even drop HSBO to try to improve the smoothness.

At first I though I ran some intensive programs when playing, but double check & found I am not. Just chrome.

Hope itz get fixed in 1.06

---------- Updated at 05:10 PM ----------

Try to change your settings once (all of them) because when the game is patched, your settings look the same but in fact they are changed. If you were in fullscreen before the patch, although it still shows fullscreen, it is actually in borderless window mode. Try changing each setting once just to be on the safe side, including the post processing effects.

I hope this solves your problem ;)

Did that, I checked every video settings/post processing, & no change.

Hmmmm. I have some fps drop, too, but I also noticed graphics quality is much better than 1.0.4 and there is an increased number of npcs in everywhere so that might be eating some of your fps. I'm not sure at this point, though.

I had stuttering when I first installed the patch but after changing from borderless to full-screen, I got rid of that. I hope you fix the problem mate ;)

I thought it is onlyme!.

970 GTX (4GB), i7 4790 16GB
I have the same problem as well, moist noticable in some cutscenes as well as riding Roach. never had this issue pre 1.05. I even drop HSBO to try to improve the smoothness.

At first I though I ran some intensive programs when playing, but double check & found I am not. Just chrome.

Hope itz get fixed in 1.06

---------- Updated at 05:10 PM ----------

What are you're settings for the 970 just curious? Is it a factory default model or OC model?

Hmmmm. I have some fps drop, too, but I also noticed graphics quality is much better than 1.0.4 and there is an increased number of npcs in everywhere so that might be eating some of your fps. I'm not sure at this point, though.

The higher Number of NPC is definitely not the problem because the game stutters even in complete NPC-empty areas.

I had this issue too but was able to fix it by disabling VSYNC. Sorry to hear that didn't work for you.

i solved it by enabling vsync in-game.

as a side effect the stuttering in cutscenes was removed, too when i also enabled 30 fps frame limit in RTSS (by doing this alone without enabling vsync in-game the cutscenes still stuttered with 27 fps, but after enabling vsync in game also, i got 30 fps for the cutscenes).

I tried now for several hours to solve this problem, but nothing worked so far.

- I updated the graphic card drivers
- I resetted the graphic settings and tried several different combinations of settings (especially changed window mode and vsync which were the key for some people here)
- I deleted the Galaxy.dll of GOG Galaxy wich I heard made some problems occasionally

Unfortunately none of the above solved the problem. I'm also pretty sure that the problem has nothing to do with my hardware, because the game ran very smoothly before the patch 1.05.

Does anybody know some other things I could try?

Thanks for your help!

+1 very noticeable stutter right off the bat from playing on 1.05

980 OC'd reporting in. steady 100 fps, VSYNC Off, fullscreen.

I haven't had stuttering as such, but ive had a few quests were the screen would freeze but the audio would continue, only had this since the last patch

Does anybody know some other things I could try?

Thanks for your help!

did you already try RTSS and set frame rate to your minimum fps or just go and try 30, so you know if this is the cause or not.
secondly, enable vsync in-game and use frame rate limiter of 30 in-game, too.
set nv drivers to vsync adaptive, triple buffering on and try borderless windowed and fullscreen with these settings.

rtss frame rate limiter together with ingame vsync and 30 fps max in-game was the only combination that worked for me. absolutely no stutters at all anymore. not a single stutter in novigrad now.

Last edited:
I'm so mad, my fps went from 60fps on 1.03 to 40fps on 1.05 (970sli) , i even lowered the settings and it still stutters all over the damn place.
I reinstalled 1.03 and i'm back to 60fps with all on max, but the lose all the bug fixes and can't play some of the dlc :(

Top Bottom