Horse Races in Velen (Crow's Perch) disappeared

+
Horse Races in Velen (Crow's Perch) disappeared

Hello there,
I picked up a paper that announced the Horse Races as soon as it was available when I was wandering around Crow's Perch. I decided to attend to them later in the game. I probably dropped the above mentioned paper and now the quest regarding Horse Races in Velen is no longer available:
- It is NOT in "accepted quests"
- it is NOT in "completed quests"
- it is NOT in "failed quests"

Simply it disappeared and it's not possible to play it. I tried to talk to the NPC that starts the races, but you can't talk to him and the race flags are not on the path.

Is there something I can do, apart from restarting the game? Thank you

EDIT:
- I play on XboxOne with patch 1.03

Last edited:
Have the same problem, dont want to restart the game for the 6th time because of a bug. Hope someone or the developers have a solution.

I have the same problem on ps4. I decided to come back later, after I won the first race, to complete the quest. The quest is no where in my logs and I'm also unable to speak to the Velen race npc. I have completed all the other races in game and would like to get the trophy. Please help us cdpr.

I have the same problem on ps4. I decided to come back later, after I won the first race, to complete the quest. The quest is no where in my logs and I'm also unable to speak to the Velen race npc. I have completed all the other races in game and would like to get the trophy. Please help us cdpr.
Bumping to help this get attention as I have the same issue. Hoping this gets patched. Seems like an innocuous thing to not be able to come back to later regardless of story progress.

Also have this problem. NPC who organises the races as well as the participants are just sitting alongside the road with all the race decorations missing. I'm pretty sure the riders are also sitting in mid-air...

Unfortunately I have the same issues too. Finished the story and wanted to go back and clean up things I missed, like the horse races. The Crows Perch horse race is unavailable to me. I don't see any failed quest nor am I able to start it. Hopefully they patch in a fix.

Same for me (Xbox 1).

Its annoying, I dont want to start the game again, just for this achievement.

BUMP FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. I did NOT just finish everything in this game to have one stupid race glitch out on me and deny me an achievement. THIS IS NOT HAPPENING.

Please fix this or at least give me a logical explanation for why these races are the only ones that stop after a certain point in the story (I'm currently on the quest Final Preparations).

:(

Bump again for an explanation.
Luckily I had an old save to go back to so I could get my trophy, but why this becomes unavailable once one goes to the Isle of Mists makes absolutely no sense, and the lack of a reply from someone in the know is most displeasing.

Bump. Same problem. I don't want to make a second playthrough only to get this trophy. I've also checked and It doens't appear among failed quests so It's clearly a bug. Hope it will be fixed in the 1.08 patch

Same problem here :( I don't have any saves and cba to do it all again.

---------- Updated at 01:01 PM ----------

Just sent a message to one of the guys over at CDPR and he said they are aware of the issue of races going missing at the end of the game and are working on a fix in the next patch.

honestly I absolutely hate riding roach. I just run everywhere now. I wish all horse riding games would study red dead redemption, as that is the only game that nailed the mechanic perfectly.

roach balks at EVERYTHING. "go, roach go!" ::stop short:: ::gallop:: ::stop short:: it's infuriating.

Top Bottom