Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If possible, not only the romance itself needs more consistency, but also the rejection. I mean, Geralt starts the game single (although with a crush on Yen). In my current playthrough, my character never tried anything with Yen or Triss, always kept the dialogues somewhat civil, and now both women are mad at my Geralt, even though they were already evasive when first met in the game (First encounters with Triss, she acts like "Forget it Gerald, leave what happened between us in the past" [and I'm like "OK"], while Yen in general is more concerned that the feelings between her and Geralt are linked to the Djinn [and I'm also like "Do not worry about it!"]). How can two women that are avoiding the restart of a relationship get mad with the guy because he never asked them out!

I have to disagree here, in my opinion it would be far worse if the game forced me to have sex with Yen, giving us the choice to completely avoid it is the correct decision on the devs side. I also avoided Kira and the whores since I decided to keep Geralt fully committed to Triss. So besides the lack of Triss scenes, I have no problem with how the rest of the game was handled.

No, sorry, I miss represented where I was coming from...I meant without any of those chances, well, it just made it even more of a lonely existence! I was depressed with the Yen romance arc and I chose Geralt to hook-up with Kiera...I was new to the series, come on cut me some slack...but with Triss feeling like she just abandoned Geralt...sheeesh. Thats tough.

---------- Updated at 10:42 AM ----------

I never really did much of the "sexy time" for Geralt in any of the games. In the first one the whole card thing was amusing for about 5 min then it became uninteresting, and prostitution pretty much always just rubs me the wrong way. So my Geralt got only Triss in all the games, safe to say by the third one he was pretty "pent up", maybe that is why he is always killing things?

I can see that! And that is pretty much where I was going...Geralt is a beast, the books seem to speak of his prowess and magnetism...I can't imagine he would let Triss off the hook so easily..."Yeah Yen, I got this, go find Ciri and keep her safe, roger that...hey, Lambert or anyone...anyone seen Triss?"

:)

---------- Updated at 10:47 AM ----------

For me the most important part of the romance side of the game is not the sex scenes but the immersion and the bond you develop with the characters thats why we need more cutscenes and dialogues between Geralt-Triss and the rest of the characters especially after KM so we can get that acknowledgement and satisfaction that our choices actually matter.

BAM! Thats it...and thats why I find the idea of the lonely Geralt, hell I find that almost unbearable! The moments of intimacy, doesn't have to be sex scene but just some time where the character Geralt is involved with reinforces the BOND they are trying to sell. Hell, in the Walking Dead, I never worry about the characters I don't care about...the moment one of them gets out front, draws the passion of the viewer...look out! Same with this kind of game.

---------- Updated at 10:49 AM ----------

The story makes the sexy times BETTER.

I couldn't have answered it any better...and more is always better. I'd say ask my wife but, well...that is another thing all together :)

RED .. ppl have spoken 509 and counting..

basically we got cannoned into a relationship with yen ( fine a new addition to the games) but i really didn't see a point after the djinn quest if you choose to say sorry yen its over bye bye cya later !! that she should then still play a major part in the storyline triss is a competent sorceress why if i had chosen her couldn't she have helped remove the curse and done the rest of the quests that i seemed to do with yen etc..

it seemed stupid that even after i made the forced choice to go with yen on my second play through and i said bye bye triss :( on the boat to korvir why in gods name did she rock up to km to help with the wild hunt battle HUH??
makes even less sense that she would then return to novigrad post km battle after geralt just dragged her arse out of there and sent her on her way??

without elaboration on the endings i was quite happy with both triss and yen endings!!

i live in hope of a few things one a more diversion ( most likely won't happen ) of the story with the love interest i choose instead of the choose triss get yen anyway!!
( not to mention that bitchy kiss yen gives you when you choose triss) i was hell waiting for a triss comment !! or a real bitch fight!!

more triss content for sure more quests something in korvir with her post story or at least more content with her before and after km fight if i had chosen her!!

don't get me wrong i liked yen quite a lot accept for a few things and i enjoyed her story with geralt etc.. but there was just no clear choice it felt like yen or a half arsed attempt with triss..

Last edited:
Hmm I would like to see that - but you know if HBO would pick up the rights - the series would be definitely based on the books...not the games.

Oh absolutely!!!

---------- Updated at 10:54 AM ----------

Yh I put Yen being chilly towards Geralt because Ciri had been found and now Geralt was putting all his attention on her instead of Yen and would also always be on Ciri's side of the argument . Only reason Yen didn't make a argument of it cause it was Ciri

Yeah I took her standoffishness(word score???) as being a weird combination of jealousy and regret. She was jealous that she was sharing Geralt but it was Ciri...and regret for having wasted so much time reconnecting with him. My play-through, as I have said, was on the 'other-team'...so MMV.

BAM! Thats it...and thats why I find the idea of the lonely Geralt, hell I find that almost unbearable! The moments of intimacy, doesn't have to be sex scene but just some time where the character Geralt is involved with reinforces the BOND they are trying to sell.

I would totally dig it if they changed the tone of Geralt's lonesome ending to one where he's bitter and sick of being torn in multiple directions. A Geralt that gives up hope and falls prey to one of his long-time emotional sore spots that he's just an emotionless mutant. An ending where he is defeated by his own inner demons and he fully gives himself to the witcher's path.

Yeah, it's not a happy ending for sure, but it's one with meaning and weight. This could be played out in a conversation with Ciri, since she's got a bit of a vested interest that her "parents" remain together and continue to support her.

If we stick to the current ending, I don't buy the "forever alone" we get with Geralt. He merely ruined the two most important relationships he's had. That may have damaged him but if we assume he's still looking for love, he will find it. Geralt is very lovable and he doesn't have any problems with the ladies.

Well... shit. I just sailed for Skellige and, after the amazing Triss romance, I was dead certain that some amazing things would happen at Kaer Mohren. Kinda lost the drive to finish the game. Well? More Triss, CDPR, please!

I believe you are in the right crowd my friend...I started out as a Triss-Rom story but changed at the last minute and turned to the darkside for the first go-round. Considering the blind rage I would have felt to go through the Last Wish, feel like a dick and then not get ANY pay off for the hard decisions...glade I didn't do that the first time. I would have prolly never came on here...I would have deleted the game and called it really bad names!

Ohh and about that Triss vs Yen catfight stuff.. I can gladly say that redheads are really intense and sensitive when having sex. They can Show both sides and I would say that Triss is way better at it than Yen. I mean she needs a unicorn to be special. While Triss is just Triss no need to say more about it :)

Yen knows that. She saw the bed and went into rage mode. I wouldn't like to see an option while talking with her where Geralt can say something like "Triss doesn't need a bed to be wonderful while having sex".

Because Geralt isn't that bad at all. At least not the way I play him. He wouldn't say such offensive things. And I dont like to see woman getting hurt. Not even Yen. She doesn't deserve that and I would rather love to see her and Triss talking about it like adults.

Triss should talk about that with Yen. Explain herself like this:

T: Yen Im so sorry about that..

Y: shut up I dont even want to talk about it! I dont want to hear it and I dont care!

T: You do..

Y: Triss you know I love him! And you still did that! You were my friend!

T: What am I supposed to do? I cant tell my heart to shut down feelings! I tried! I was about to leave! Forever..

Y: Goodbye then! Do so and dont destroy everything me and Geralt had!

T: I whish I could.. Really. But Geralt talked to me. He asked me to stay.Yen he begged me. He said he loves me and I whish I could deny that but I love him too.. You knew that. For ages!
What would you do if you were in my position!?

Y: I asked you to stay away from him. Dont u dare to use your charm! And you just spit on me. U cant even imagine how I feel!

T: I can.. For ages I watched you and him.. Loving each other.. How many times I had to close my eyes being upset as fuck and couldn't stop thinking about it. And now I just feel so bad because of that.. I never imagined that Geralt would choose me Yen I swear!
I dont wanted that..

Y: Stop lying at me! You did that on purpose you dont care about others!

T: Yen stop.. Geralt decided that..when we were in flotsam I told him everything! He could have stopped! With all of it! But he didn't. He gave me the Rose of rememberance..

Last edited:
RED .. ppl have spoken 509 and counting..

basically we got cannoned into a relationship with yen ( fine a new addition to the games) but i really didn't see a point after the djinn quest if you choose to say sorry yen its over bye bye cya later !! that she should then still play a major part in the storyline triss is a competent sorceress why if i had chosen her couldn't she have helped remove the curse and done the rest of the quests that i seemed to do with yen etc..

it seemed stupid that even after i made the forced choice to go with yen on my second play through and i said bye bye triss :( on the boat to korvir why in gods name did she rock up to km to help with the wild hunt battle HUH??
makes even less sense that she would then return to novigrad post km battle after geralt just dragged her arse out of there and sent her on her way??

without elaboration on the endings i was quite happy with both triss and yen endings!!

i live in hope of a few things one a more diversion ( most likely won't happen ) of the story with the love interest i choose instead of the choose triss get yen anyway!!
( not to mention that bitchy kiss yen gives you when you choose triss)

more triss content for sure more quests something in korvir with her post story or at least more content with her before and after km fight if i had chosen her!!

don't get me wrong i liked yen quite a lot accept for a few things and i enjoyed her story with geralt etc.. but there was just no clear choice it felt like yen or a half arsed attempt with triss..

I actually find myself agreeing with a lot of what you are saying here...it just points out the fact that something got screwy when they were pulling all the pieces together...like someone forgot to check their work one last time.

I heard rumors that there is going to be an alternative appearance for Triss, is there any truth to that?

Here's how I see it. They probably thought up the alternative look for Yennefer and figured they might want to try something similar for some of the other characters. There is the potential in the files to add another look to Triss. They won't necessarily act on it. I think this is one of those "better to have it and not need than to need it and not have it" cases. I for one really like Triss's current look but I've seen Yennefer's alternative look and it works. They could probably make hers pretty cool too. :p

During their conversation during the rat scene when Triss ask how is Yen? And Geralt said anything specific, when triss said "never mind already got my answer", Geralt can immediate respond with "I broke it off because I realize how much you meant to me and how much I care about you".

That's interesting actually. I wonder if you don't even do the first mission but go on to Skellige, would their dialogue change for that scene? It probably wouldn't but that would be an interesting change. :eek:

He is dropping hints that he wants to be with Triss.

Haha, this is neither here nor there but straight up telling her "I broke it off because of you" is not really dropping hints. That's pretty blunt. :p

I like the rest of what you wrote though and I will probably be doing something similar in my head for my next playthrough. :)

Ohh this part Well ofc she worried. But after killing one by one there is no oh Geralt glad its over.. I was so scared that you will leave me..

Maaaan so much good parts where u can put some dialogues in.

Yup. The "talks before the big moments" is an opportunity I think needs capitalized on. They really, really should not let this one sail by.

So what is there is great, but what wasn't there makes it feel all the less meaningful.

I agree. The last line sums it up quite nicely but after having watched a lot of the Novigrad scenes over again, the feelings and emotions and the subtle and not-so-subtle hints put forth by both of them really makes their relationship seem quite complex (in a good way). Even the non-romance quests and interactions between them are oozing chemistry and I think it a true testament to CDPR that they have written an outstanding cast of characters. Now, if they just give us the content to make the choice feel as meaningful as it could have been, I daresay I won't have anything to complain about.

Here's the one point I sort of disagree with. The game makes it easy to pick either of them, I mean they're both phenomenally well-written. It makes it hard to reject Yen though. To close the book on their 20+ year long romance? I dunno, even being a Triss-fan I find it difficult to tell her that it's over. I know that everything they've been through (I haven't read the books so I don't know exactly what they have been through but I know they've been through a lot) was all for nought. So easy to pick Yen, hard to reject her. Easy to pick Triss but, and this is strictly from a gameplay point of view, it's really easy to let her go. If you tell her to stay she leaves and then comes back. If you let her go, she leaves and then comes back. The choice of letting her go doesn't seem to have much bearing on the game's later sections. One of the reasons why I say your choice isn't given any weight, any consequence. Like if she truly left and truly never came back it would have been different. Then I would say it's equally difficult to reject either of them. In fact, it might be more difficult to reject Triss because even though you reject Yen, she is still there.

Ohh and about that Triss vs Yen catfight stuff.. I can gladly say that redheads are really intense and sensitive when having sex. They can Show both sides and I would say that Triss is way better at it than Yen. I mean she needs a unicorn to be special. While Triss is just Triss no need to say more about it :)

I remember a cute line from my play through...when Triss was talking Geralt into taking her in to be tortured. "We just need to find some handcuff..." Geralt gives that look and says 'Oh really..." She was like, "You know there are other things they are good for..." and he responds with a, "I wasn't aware." I LOL'd on that one!!!

Your play on the dialog was good too...nice!

Yen knows that. She saw the bed and went into rage mode. I wouldn't like to see an option while talking with her where Geralt can say something like "Triss doesn't need a bed to be wonderful while having sex".

Because Geralt isn't that bad at all. At least not the way I play him. He wouldn't say such offensive things. And I dont like to see woman getting hurt. Not even Yen. She doesn't deserve that and I would rather love to see her and Triss talking about it like adults.

Triss should talk about that with Yen. Explain herself like this:

T: Yen Im so sorry about that..
Y: shut up I dont even want to talk about it! I dont want to hear it and I dont care!
T: You do..
Y: Triss you know I love him! And you still did that! You were my friend!
T: What am I supposed to do? I cant tell my heart to shut down feelings! I tried! I was about to leave! Forever..
Y: Goodbye then! Do so and dont destroy everything me and Geralt had!
T: I whish I could.. Really. But Geralt talked to me. He asked me to stay.Yen he begged me. He said he loves me and I whish I could deny that but I love him too.. You know that. For ages!
What would you do if you were in my position!?
Y: I asked you to stay away from him. Dont u dare to use your charm! And you just spit on me. U cant even imagine how I feel!
T: I can.. For ages I watched you and him.. Loving each other.. How many times I had to chose my eyes being upset as fuck and couldn't stop thinking about it. And now I just feel so bad because of that.. I never imagined that Geralt would choose me Yen I swear!
I dont wanted that..
Y: Stop lying at me! You did that on purpose you dont care about others!
T: Yen stop.. Geralt decided that..when we were in flotsam I told him everything! He could have stopped all that but he didn't. He gave me the Rose of rememberance..
YOU are Master over Masters :hatsoff:

Something I’ve said before is the need for a scene with romanced Triss in Act 3 & have been trying to think what specifically i would like to see there. Something romantic, yet addressing seriousness of situation with a little bit of fun. Suddenly had the thought to combine it with the Rose of Remembrance(which still annoys me sitting there as a quest item but not usable as part of the romance arc). Below is my rough sketchings of a dialogue sequence.

Triss is standing guard on deck keeping an eye on Avallac’h

Triss: "Geralt"

Geralt: “Did you see they’ve got a lighthouse on Eldberg?”

Triss : “Yes it looks a rather fine specimen. Pity duty keeps us from exploring it together.”

Geralt. “A choice between you and a lighthouse versus discussing politics with Philippa……”

Triss(laughs), then suddenly serious. “Feels strange to laugh, when things are so perilous . We’re going head to head with the wild hunt and that scares me. We could all die.”

Geralt Reaches into pocket and gives her back rose of remembrance and says, “In case anything happens I want you to have this back.”

Triss: “But It’s wilted.”

Geralt: “You know how i feel about elven legends, It’s the words and feelings behind it that matter.”

Triss: “Then come back to me safe as I need you, not just the rose.” (tears glistening in her eyes)

So Triss crew I loaded a saved file and tried to see if I could let Triss go after Novagrad and I couldn't. No matter what I did when I came to that point I had to say it. "I love you".

I tried with the torture thing roo at the witch hunter barracks the other day and I just could not let he get torture. I slaughter everyone in the for even suggesting it and for putting his Hans on Triss.

Why CDPR, why did you do this to us to me? I an a loyal fan I promise. Why did you make me fall ib love with this amazing character that isTriss in W1, W2 and then shut her away from me in W3. WHY

Geralt: “You know how i feel about elven legends, It’s the words and feelings behind it that matter.”

Triss: “Then come back to me safe as I need you, not just the rose.” (tears glistening in her eyes)

Seems like I'll be crying too :v
--
Still would like to encourage people to take interest into starting supporting having Triss in DLC and pushing that idea ;p

Last edited:
Here's the one point I sort of disagree with. The game makes it easy to pick either of them, I mean they're both phenomenally well-written. It makes it hard to reject Yen though. To close the book on their 20+ year long romance? I dunno, even being a Triss-fan I find it difficult to tell her that it's over. I know that everything they've been through (I haven't read the books so I don't know exactly what they have been through but I know they've been through a lot) was all for nought. So easy to pick Yen, hard to reject her. Easy to pick Triss but, and this is strictly from a gameplay point of view, it's really easy to let her go. If you tell her to stay she leaves and then comes back. If you let her go, she leaves and then comes back. The choice of letting her go doesn't seem to have much bearing on the game's later sections. One of the reasons why I say your choice isn't given any weight, any consequence. Like if she truly left and truly never came back it would have been different. Then I would say it's equally difficult to reject either of them. In fact, it might be more difficult to reject Triss because even though you reject Yen, she is still there.

I agree. That makes CDPR's decision to give her so little dialogue and interactivity later on even more absurd. You know, if she would've been truly gone (non-romance option), it would make sense for CDPR to focus on other characters in Act II and III because a lot of people won't get to see her anyway, but - as you rightly pointed out - this is not the case.

Something I’ve said before is the need for a scene with romanced Triss in Act 3 & have been trying to think what specifically i would like to see there. Something romantic, yet addressing seriousness of situation with a little bit of fun. Suddenly had the thought to combine it with the Rose of Remembrance(which still annoys me sitting there as a quest item but not usable as part of the romance arc). Below is my rough sketchings of a dialogue sequence.

Triss is standing guard on deck keeping an eye on Avallac’h

Triss: "Geralt"

Geralt: “Did you see they’ve got a lighthouse on Eldberg?”

Triss : “Yes it looks a rather fine specimen. Pity duty keeps us from exploring it together.”

Geralt. “A choice between you and a lighthouse versus discussing politics with Philippa……”

Triss(laughs), then suddenly serious. “Feels strange to laugh, when things are so perilous . We’re going head to head with the wild hunt and that scares me. We could all die.”

Geralt Reaches into pocket and gives her back rose of remembrance and says, “In case anything happens I want you to have this back.”

Triss: “But It’s wilted.”

Very good !

Oh and since we are talking about the "Lighthouse"...

I know this should be a secret and actually I dont spy on couples while having sexytime.. but.. I couldn't resist.. Shame on me !

triss rocks:) the code scene made it even more special!!

at least we really need more dialog with triss if we have chosen her

RED theres some good ideas in here!!! :)

Last edited:

I also agree.

It doesn't really matter if you let her go or not. You will miss some small romance and the sexytime. Maybe 2 scenes and some allusions. But thats it.

When going to skellige it doesn't matter if you let her go or not. Her reactions remain the same. "Well?"
And I can imagine even if you rejected her she would say "Good luck!" right?

I also agree.

It doesn't really matter if you let her go or not. You will miss some small romance and the sexytime. Maybe 2 scenes and some allusions. But thats it.

When going to skellige it doesn't matter if you let her go or not. Her reactions remain the same. "Well?"
And I can imagine even if you rejected her she would say "Good luck!" right?
yes she does.. but like in a previous post it makes no sense for her to even be there she got on a ship to korvir bye bye cya later beautiful triss.. only to come back to do a well quest:) and a well? dialog:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom