Witcher 3 might be getting a storage chest!

+
Yeah, they really need to learn to get their priorities straight. A storage chest is no programming feat of mastery, and it's a feature that if not included in the game from the beginning will create much resentment.
The feature is already in the game and it's used at least couple times during some quests, like when you need to give an item to NPC but you have to choose it manually. All they need to add is NPC with a dialog option "hello, would you like to deposit some things?". And then you're taken to that inventory screen.

No mention of purging redundant quest items? Marking books/letters/notes that have been read? Fixing the utterly broken / non-existent inventory sorting?
Yes! I agree 100% Why can't they at least highlight the note/letter/book etc.. that we need to read to start/finish a quest, so that we can just go straight to it, or put a little red check mark in the top corner of each one we have already read.

Yes! I agree 100% Why can't they at least highlight the note/letter/book etc.. that we need to read to start/finish a quest, so that we can just go straight to it, or put a little red check mark in the top corner of each one we have already read.

Well, patch 1.07 will be a big patch featuring many fixes/tweaks... we'll see.

Well, patch 1.07 will be a big patch featuring many fixes/tweaks... we'll see.
Gawd... I hope so.. My List: NG+, A Storage Chest, A 360 degree toggle spin of Geralts 3D model in the inventory menu, More HUD/UI options to turn off all prompts/button icons/talk bubbles etc..etc.. for a full on clean screen playthrough, Options to map our own game controls to fit our own personal play styles, No more dying from a 6foot fall. Better horse mechanics with a brake/speed control system like RDR, Being able to walk with just left toggle and hold A to jog and tapping A to sprint, More nudity, Better FPS, More Finisher and Sword Combat Moves for Geralt, Option to turn off auto draw/sheath sword, A Higher difficulty setting, More high level short sleeved armors and armors with hoods, fix audio sound when Geralt idley jumps in place because there is no sound when he lands, Camera options, Breaking combat animations option, more monsters :)

Yes, I'm waiting for the storage chest too...
When someone wants to give me their ancestors sword, they had it for twelve centuries, and so forth... and I had to sell it because I don't have anywhere to put it... it's a little immersion breaking...

Someone : "Here is my ancestor's sword, we have it in my family for centuries..."
Geralt : "I'm honored, thank you!"
And a few minutes later, I sell it for 80 orens to save space in my inventory.

Last edited:
I stored valuable stuff in the house where you get the pan for the old lady and it was gone after half a day or so.

@Zedleouf
Tag your spoilers!

Yeah Ill be sure to tag them.. still new to this. So yeah pal I read some other threads and seems like thats not the way to go. In that case I welcome the storage-chest.

doesn't need a storage chest. what it needs are +140 saddlebags. maybe a personal inventory tab, but not necessary. does need stacking/sorting fixes tho.

a chest will just be another pointless game mechanic you have to micromanage.

Storage chest is a complete bullshit, if the system has already a weight limit and saddlebags which increase that limit.

I did a poll about this subject a few weeks ago.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/42048-Storage-at-Inns

It turns out that over 90% of the players (who voted in the poll) would have liked to have extra storage.
Good to see that CDPR is actually listening to what players want !

---------- Updated at 06:23 PM ----------

Storage chest is a complete bullshit, if the system has already a weight limit and saddlebags which increase that limit.
It is maybe bullshit for you. But not for me. And not for many other players.

doesn't need a storage chest. what it needs are +140 saddlebags. maybe a personal inventory tab, but not necessary. does need stacking/sorting fixes tho.
They could give us +1000kg saddlebags. That would solve all problems. But in a very crude way. I suspect many players (the more "rpg-like" players) don't mind that we can store only a limited amount of stuff on our horse. But at the same time, we would like to be able to keep a lot of stuff around. Old gear, old swords, old leather. Some people enjoy collecting. Let them collect all witcher-sets. Right now, if you want to keep your old starter set, your Serpent, Cat, Griffin and Bear sets, you can't do that.

a chest will just be another pointless game mechanic you have to micromanage.
You can ignore the chest if you want. No problem at all. The game is very playable if you just have +160kg saddlebags. The chest is just something extra for the people who like to collect stuff. It's like fast-travel. You don't need to use it, but it's there for those who want to use it. (E.g. I don't use fast-travel myself. At all. But I don't mind when others do).

Right now, if you want to keep your old starter set, your Serpent, Cat, Griffin and Bear sets, you can't do that.

there is absolutely no reason to keep them. i ran thru the game with a L1 sword to L15, and L15 sword to L30... armor was about L20... finished the game on BNBB. about to do the same thing in DM now... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I still cannot see the reason why it's not in the game from the get-go, but well, better later than never. How are we supposed to get it? Via patch or DLC?

It is maybe bullshit for you. But not for me. And not for many other players.

I don't care about other players, we are talking about game design rules.
If the game wants you to do inventory management, you HAVE to do inventory management. You simply can't ask for a change in design and game rules just because you like to collect useless stuff.
Do you like to collect items? Well, it's your problem. There is an inventory management, deal with it.

You are not the only person in the world.
You are not the only gamer playing The Witcher 3.
You don't get to decide how others should enjoy their games.
Your parents lied when they said you are the mostest speshulest smartestest person in the world.

i digress, this conversation has devolved into 8 year old drivel. supposedly there is an age restriction for the game, and forums.

I don't care about other players, we are talking about game design rules.
If the game wants you to do inventory management, you HAVE to do inventory management. You simply can't ask for a change in design and game rules just because you like to collect useless stuff.
Do you like to collect items? Well, it's your problem. There is an inventory management, deal with it.

None of which matters a jot when said inventory is entirely unmanageable. Capacity aside, it needs a complete overhaul.

Too late I've already dismantled my Ursine and Feline set for the wolf set.... it is such a shame that a game with weight limit has no storage at all.

Just remake them. It's really easy to do. Storage chests are only needed for people that have a hoarder illness.

I don't care about other players

Clearly. The feeling is mutual.

we are talking about game design rules. If the game wants you to do inventory management, you HAVE to do inventory management. You simply can't ask for a change in design and game rules just because you like to collect useless stuff.

Why not? Just the witcher gear sets push way past the available encumbrance. There are a few times we're given a special item from someone who claims it's been in the family for generations as a reward; feels pretty tacky to vendor it for a handful of gold. Ideally, I should be able to store it at Kaer Morhen to trot out the next winter while telling stories from the path and slugging White Gull with the lads.

The first two games had inventory management and storage with Innkeepers. It's a feature left out of the release probably for no other reason than to fill out the 16 free dlc program. It's either a glaring oversight, or deliberate.

I don't HAVE to do anything, I play on a PC, I tired of the silly inventory mini-game pretty quickly and changed my limit to 500lbs until the standard storage feature of the previous two games gets deployed either next week or the week after.

It's dealt with on my end...In a few weeks it'll be dealt with from CDPR's end as well.

Basically, your argument is: They made it this way, therefore its preserved in amber and shouldn't be changed no matter how inconvenient of different from previous games.

Mine/ours is: The way it's made is dumb, and is a departure from previous games, so it should be fixed/changed.

Top Bottom