[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
I'd rather have CDPR project their efforts on closure, rather than immersion.

If Touissant concentrated on being good post-end DLC, at the expense (cost) of Velen remaining unchanged by post-end, I'd gladly take it. Adding convo to Witch Hunters/Redanian soldiers/Nilfgaardians about "gotta leave this place soon" is less tasking and relatively sufficing solution.

tl;dr: why bother with immersion, imo closure comes first before immersion. CDPR could even leave velen post-end unchanged as it is, only add notion that "velen and skellige are unaffected by the game's ending, treat it as outdated maps"

Well it is thery importat to the majorety of people thet ended the game to be able to play and spent time with Ciri,Yenn/Triss cuase if you read the thousands of post here and on the internet you will see that all are disapointed about the post end-game. everyone was expected the chance to play with Ciri and to continue live a family life with Yenn/Triss in some place, well in few words to do the staff i and everyone write in the thousands of post. Because from my poin of view the lack of post end-game is taking away the desire to continue playing the game even to begin a new game because you know that at the end you will end alone again, so i think that this is what really ruined the game experience of all the majorety of the people. So for now let's just hope that CD PROJEKT RED is reading our suggestions and find a solution to solve this problem.

One of the biggest issue is that the side quests runs parallel withe the main story, heck you have to even calculate when to do this side quests so that you get the all the xp not just 5 xp. witch is a drawback in terms of open world approach. It is fine that some side quests fail if you don't attempt them before playing the main quest which is indirectly tied with it. But to force player to do quests just for the sake of getting xp is a example of bad gameplay mechanism, it clearly destroys the immersion for me. I found many low level quest later in my 1st play through because I did not went to explore that part of the world early in the game, and as my level was higher than suggested level ended up only getting the Consolation Xp points.

And after the end performing the remaining side quests does not make any sense for a story driven game like this, because post end leveling up is pointless unless they affect the main story somehow. Me personally not interested just to level up to unlock a new sword unless I can use it fight the Wild Hunt. So as clearly stated by many others before me post end game world feels like an soulless empty shell of an beautiful game.

Now coming to the epilogue the epilogue clearly demands for more closure for our beloved characters. Too much plot thread left unattended. Hopefully CDPR has the option to address this issue by making one of the upcoming DLC as post-end DLC. according the source material Toussaint is far way than the zone that witcher 3 inhabit. so i don't see how it colud fit in the main story timeline unless they change the location of Toussaint for the sake of the game which would be illogical. So one way to incorporate Toussaint would be making it a poet end DLC just like ArreatPL said.

May be the events takes place at the wedding of Geralt & Yennefer(#Team Yen) or Triss , where the gang discuss about various escapades of Geralt, Dandelion etc. they could even directly draw material from the Toussaint chapters in the books if they have the rights. Add Fringilla Vigo (if you read the books you know what I mean). Anyway this is all speculation on our part, all finally rest on the decision of the Devs. Hopefully CDPR is not like the most of the money monger pathetic companies who have little regards for customer complaints as long as it does not affect their sales figure . So there is chance that CDPR will address this issues in future updates.

As far as I understand Andrejz Sapkowski has very little intention to continue the witcher verse in sequel. Because the games are the closest thing as sequels of the original story, Fans like us have high expectation from CDPR for a fitting closure, which the epilogue clearly fails to provide.

Last edited:
i dnot know if it's an immersion desrtoyer but certainly an "gameplay destroyer", or "happiness destroyer" after i've completed absolutly everything and the game world keeps being huge and beautiful and i ask to myself, oook, what the fuck do i do now!?

i dnot know if it's an immersion desrtoyer but certainly an "gameplay destroyer", or "happiness destroyer" after i've completed absolutly everything and the game world keeps being huge and beautiful and i ask to myself, oook, what the fuck do i do now!?

Welcome to the Club :) same for me i was so happy that after the Ciri's witcher end i'll be able to hunt monsters and finish the rest of contracts in her company, and then go to find Yennefer in my case in Kaer Morhen or in some other place that when i discovered that there was no one sadness,emptyness and depression came in. Every time i enter the game and i see Geralt alone i'm like: WTF this make me sad and depress i dont want to play, same think every day.

Welcome to all new people who joined us.

I'd rather have CDPR project their efforts on closure, rather than immersion.
Totally agree with this one. Unfortunately, devs can't fix it all, and if we'd have been asked about priorities, I'd totally choose the closure fix.

ArreatPL I totally fell in love with some of your suggestions.
Ciri goes after white frost and comes back? Final training of becoming a witcheress, also family "events".
This one gave me damn chills :D

The biggest problem to me (regarding the endgame) is how poor,unsatisfying,and cold the end and it's transition to the free roam was made.It's not that it ended (I'm not a child,i can deal with things coming to an end) but how it ended.
True! Some of players-opponents of our idea don't understand what do exactly we mean, so they adducing the arguement "everything must come to an end". But that is not a problem.

Ciri goes after white frost and comes back? Final training of becoming a witcheress, also family "events".
This one gave me damn chills
Like tis one to. Like i saind in another post some quests where you train her would be nice and family events to.

Personally, I'd be fine with just throwing the characters back in that make sense, Yennefer, Letho, Roach, Triss, everyone who didn't either die or move away (Like Eskel or Lambert, though I make an exception for Triss because she's a love interest) they don't need to have proper dialogue, just static stuff like 'Hey, Geralt' or even just 'Geralt,' some form of recognition though.

Personally, I'd be fine with just throwing the characters back in that make sense, Yennefer, Letho, Roach, Triss, everyone who didn't either die or move away (Like Eskel or Lambert, though I make an exception for Triss because she's a love interest) they don't need to have proper dialogue, just static stuff like 'Hey, Geralt' or even just 'Geralt,' some form of recognition though.

I would also like that, but this isn't going to happen.

When CDPR improves something, they do it right. That's unfinished work, and it has been stated by a CDPR guy here, in this thread.

So, if something is going to happen, it wont be that simple.

I truly hope that they'll do something.

I would also like that, but this isn't going to happen.

When CDPR improves something, they do it right. That's unfinished work, and it has been stated by a CDPR guy here, in this thread.

So, if something is going to happen, it wont be that simple.

I truly hope that they'll do something.
They will, they're a company that delivers, I mean, 16 free DLC, and they're fixing Triss already, they'll get around to it.

That said I didn't mean that that's all I want, I said that's what I'd be fine with getting, what I want is plenty of more interaction with many people, like a serious conversation with Yennefer about how dismissive and, I dunno the word for it, how she thinks she's better than everyone, Geralt included. I've more ideas but I don't think now's the time to put them down.

I'd like this to JUST FOR THE BEGINING, you know to make us go back to game untill the next expansion and for a Future final post end-content with dialogs about the story just for main characters Ciri,Yenn,Triss and some Dendalion and Priscilla (not for every one) and some quests like Ciri witcher training and other stuff. I actually have in mind some quests for a post end content to bad i'm not working at CDPRED ahaha.

But for now we will be happy to have them back in game with like 2-3 dialog choise for Ciri like: Lets go hunt or drink in a tavern, and romance options for Yenn/Triss (every one want romance options dont say no :)) like i dont know not every second but 1 time every 3-4 days :). Just to not feel sad and lonely.

This is without doubt the best game I've ever played, but like everyone I just felt like poo after the end. Spent so many hours getting attached to these characters and in the end they're just gone. I'd just be happy with the characters back with a few dialogue options, and some sidequests in future DLC maybe.

This is without doubt the best game I've ever played, but like everyone I just felt like poo after the end. Spent so many hours getting attached to these characters and in the end they're just gone. I'd just be happy with the characters back with a few dialogue options, and some sidequests in future DLC maybe.

First of all, welcome to the forums.

On topic: You and me both.

It would work fine for a minimum, if CDPR are not going to input more resources in it. Atleast players will get motivation for playing the game through for a second time to get an alternative ending. Because I see no reason for any extra depression even if someone gets bad ending - it doesn't even differs from a "good" one - I mean like Ciri is gone afterwards in both. The impression of sadness will be left anyways. Nonsense.
That way players would love to get the good ending, just for the sake of seeing the model of Ciri once again atleast.
Damn, what a shame we haven't got THAT atleast...

I feel the same as many of you do. I feel no desire to play the game after the ending even though I haven't finished everything.

It's not just the lack of more story content, I am level 33 and I vastly overpower everything in my path, especially with the Enkhida Decoction and my fast style. There is just no challenge anymore. Would have been great to see the ending affect the game after the ending, maybe even provide new quests based on the ending you got.

One little sidenote.
Correct me, if i'm wrong ;)

To CDPR: 99% of those people, who i posting here, are making suggestions, because they feel sad and disappointed...someone are maybe a litte angry.
BUT there is no HATE! This is important.
The game is just so good, we can't stop talking about it. This game has a score of 99, at the moment. We want it to be 100.
We don't DEMAND a newly designed post-game.
But we wish it :)

CDPR doesn't deserve hate or disrespect.
I, for my part, am only posting here and making suggestions, because it's a witcher game.
For every other game, i wouldn't care.

I understand the initial response's point of view but I feel they've really dropped the ball with the DLC quests. They could have been pitched at a high character level in order to provide further content post-ending. In fact, now I think about it, the level distribution of Witcher contracts is actually quite poor. It would be nice if they patched the levels up a bit on some of them. Wouldn't be too difficult, would it? Just up the damage and HP of the monster you're fighting? I think there's currently only two above level 27. I was level 32 by the time I finished the game.

Last edited:
One little sidenote.
Correct me, if i'm wrong ;)

To CDPR: 99% of those people, who i posting here, are making suggestions, because they feel sad and disappointed...someone are maybe a litte angry.
BUT there is no HATE! This is important.
The game is just so good, we can't stop talking about it. This game has a score of 99, at the moment. We want it to be 100.
We don't DEMAND a newly designed post-game.
But we wish it :)

CDPR doesn't deserve hate or disrespect.
I, for my part, am only posting here and making suggestions, because it's a witcher game.
For every other game, i wouldn't care.

No you are not, we are sad and maybe a little depressed for the reason we all know but no one should hate or be disrespect them (i think AND HOPE that no one in this thread hate or disrespect them), No one could they made an amazing game but for now i'd say that the game is at 97% with bugs and lack of post end gameplay.

Oh and just like you i'm posting and suggesting here and on the internet because i love this game and i want to play it again (a think that is dificult for majorety of people here) and want TW3 to be perfect.

It would be nice if they patched the levels up a bit on some of them.

Yes the last time a played that was in the two hours a spent looking for Ciri and Yenn after the first ending, i killed a Royal Griffin with a few hits. But i think that this falls under the post end-game because i think they didnt consider the fact that some did the main quest, during which you are leveling up pretty fast and then do the side quests and contracts.

Last edited:
Come on CDPR, can you just not put a seperate interior (like skellige, velen etc) with Yennefer with some scenery rendered outside the window. It could be middle-earth for all I care. And when you wish to exit the place (like Vizima) you fast travel to wherever you like. Do that atleast. And have some sort of letter come from Ciri atleast once or twice post game in this entirely seperate only-interior space. I mean surely this wouldn't cost much.

Top Bottom