What game are you currently playing

+
Witcher 3 for the time being. It has picked up a lot better since the beginning; the storytelling is good, the C&C and reactivity so far is nice, the mood of the setting is great, and despite the combat being so-so on all accounts and it being most of the game, it's a fun game all in all I'd say.

But I would also say it's not a fun RPG. I started to appreciate it better once I started to approach it like I would approach GTA or other similiar action adventures. I simply can't find it in the mechanics to play it like I would play an RPG; it's not there.

I keep getting stuck on my boat and i cant get out, And then i cant shoot at sirens when I'm driving and my boat just sinks and i have to restart i could really use a solution thank you. On the other hand I've been having a blast with this game, dont know what to expect from cyberpunk but I'm staying hyped.

I keep getting stuck on my boat and i cant get out, And then i cant shoot at sirens when I'm driving and my boat just sinks and i have to restart i could really use a solution thank you. On the other hand I've been having a blast with this game, dont know what to expect from cyberpunk but I'm staying hyped.

Ah, the cursed boat. My favourite it when you're in combat and can't get out because it makes you roll.

EIther finish the fight or restart and get out of the boat before the combat starts.

If you fight the sirens in the water, you can one shot them with your crossbow. In the boat, it's bug city.
Save often.

Forum veteran
Fun fact: during "The Last Wish" you can jump out of the boat at the last stop (before you find the half-talisman or whatever) before you're supposed to, and if you sit down when you get back in the boat, the game bugs out. I've had both an endless loading screen and this:

It froze on that screen after completing the quest, then failing it seconds later.

Fun fact: during "The Last Wish" you can jump out of the boat at the last stop (before you find the half-talisman or whatever) before you're supposed to, and if you sit down when you get back in the boat, the game bugs out. I've had both an endless loading screen and this:

It froze on that screen after completing the quest, then failing it seconds later.

• RED Point
Reactions: 227
Since I heard about XCOM 2 coming out I have been playing a lot of XCOM: Enemy Within again. Currently playing a round of Classic Ironman... going pretty good... even though my Memorial wall is filled with "only" 33 dead. ::) 5 of which had goten nicknames, one Sergeant, one Lieutenant, one Captain, one Major, and one Colonel. Especially the Captain, Major, and Colonel was a pretty tough blow. I am playing it on Ironman because I know if I was not I would most likely be savescumming like hell.

Atleast half, if not 2/3rds, of these 33 dead was compleatly my fault. Due to me over reaching my self, "oh what harm could it do if I went there", "I really want that meld!", or what ever. I get a bit to impulisive at times, which can compleatly screw with my actual nature of trying to be slow, methodical, and defensive, as possible. I also have a big problem with not retreating and leaving the mission when things go bad, I tend to stick it out and thing "oh I can still win this, even though half my guys died on the first wave of enemies" or something. And sometimes I do win against the odds, but other times I do not... and I am sitting there wondering why I did just not pull back and leave the mission. I am to stubborn at times... clearly. XD

But when it works it can be pretty cool. In one mission, during this run of the game, my current Colonel sniper and a rookie (they had Carapace armour and laser weaponry), managed to kill 2/3rds of the enemies after the other 4 in the team died against the first 1/3rd of the opponents... all hail Squadsight and Double Tap! I know some people worship at the alter of In The Zone, but I like Double Tap a lot more... my Snipers steal enough kills as it is, so if I ITZ'ed my snipers instead, then my other soldier classes would possibly lag behind even more. As it is DT snipers tend to usually have double the (if not more) amount of kills then my other classes´, and their kills per mission ratio is higher as well.

My 5 nicknamed dead in this run:

Sergeant Alan 'Flash' Donaldson, 6 missions, 11 kills.
Death during mission: 'Operation Vengeful Star'. Cause of death: EXALT Operative with an Assault Rifle.

Lieutenant Maricruz 'Congo' Ruiz, 9 missions, 8 kills.
Death during mission: 'Operation Vengeful Star'. Cause of death: EXALT Operative with an Assault Rifle.

Captain Bessie 'Athena' McKenzie, 11 missions, 23 kills.

Major Iris 'Fast Lane' VanDyke, 9 missions, 23 kills.
Death during mission: 'Operation Defiant Chant'. Cause of death: Thin Man with a Light Plasma Rifle.

Colonel Shaojie 'Chilong' Zhang, 12 missions, 27 kills.
Death during mission: 'Operation Blind Mountain'. Cause of Death: Mechtoid with a Mechtoid Plasma Mini-Cannon.
(Yes, Zhang died... I facepalmed at my own stupidity when that happend XD )

Both Vengful Star and Blind Mountain, as seen above, where pretty bad missions for me, since 4 people died in each. Blinding Prophet was also another mission where 4 died. In Fading Pyre, and Black Throne, 3 died. Then I have some several missions where 2 died as well.

Amongst the living I currently have two Colonels, and one Major... in total I have 6 nicknamed soldiers (out of 20 total, I felt I had to raise my normal total of 12 to 20, due to how many where dying and being injured for me).

My favorit is:

Colonel Dmitriy 'Specter' Ilyushin, Ukrainian Sniper, 22 missions, 62 kills.
He will probably not get to go with me on the final mission when that finally comes around, due to that he has been injured so many times that his Will is down to only 56.

The two other favorits are:

Colonel Alessandro 'Arcade' Moretti, Italian Heavy, 17 missions, 49 kills.

Major Erin 'Black Widow' Mitchell, Canadian Sniper, 9 missions, 20 kills.

Specter and Arcade are currently the only guys I have who have been on more then 10 missions. But I have a few guys who are up-and-coming, those 3 other nicknamed soldiers... 'Dozer', a Chinese heavy, 9 missions, 15 kills. 'Septic', a Japanese Assault, 5 missions, 15 kills. And finally 'Vampire', a South African Sniper, who I am currently unable to check how many missions and kills she has due to her being on a Covert Operation (I always send Snipers to them, due to Gunslinger... normally it would be a Colonel Sniper I would send, since Gunslinger + Double Tap = mmm-good! But due to how many people I have had die on me I decided to not do that in this particular run of the game, not yet atleast, do not feel like putting my best guys at risk like that since they have no armour on when sent on Covert Operations).

Things has changed pretty drasticly now though. I finally got my hands on Titan armour, and have had it for maybe 3-4 missions now I think. And I can feel how things have stabalized for me (as of yet though... I have not advanced the main story forward much yet, so I have not come across some of the stronger opponents yet). Think only one person has died since then, and only 2-3 people have actually been injured enough so they had to be hospitalized for a few days. But who knows... sometimes I do stupid impulsive and reckless moves... it is XCOM after all. XD

Last edited:

Forum veteran
When I was somewhere between 7 and 9 years old, I would always rent Landstalker for the Sega Genesis. A neighbor would then come over and we'd try to beat it, but we never got anywhere. I don't think we ever made it more than ten minutes in because we were young and our stupid fingers weren't dexterous enough to avoid enemies. I made a mental note that I would someday conquer the game, mostly out of spite.

And I just did. It was brutal. The game was made by sadists, and there was a better chance of me randomly developing superpowers than ever making it to the end of the game when I was a kid. I couldn't even beat it now without the use of the save states that SEGA's classics collection's emulation thankfully includes. There are jumps that are purposefully misleading, a million pits full of swarming enemies, platforms that require split-second timing because the window between landing on them and jumping again is a single frame, and toward the end, teleporting enemies who seem designed as a final middle finger from the developers to the players.

After all of that, the ending is about 30 seconds long, but I don't care. I beat my childhood nemesis. I only wish I remembered who my neighbor friend was so that I could track her down and show her the end screen. That way she'd know that the deed was done, and the beast that had hung above our heads for so long finally laid slain. Or maybe it's a good thing that I can't track her down, because if she told me that she beat it years ago, I'd have to stab her in the face with a fork for not telling me and saving me the trouble. Either way, it's nighttime here, but I can already tell that the sun will shine a little brighter tomorrow.

I've been playing Age of Wonder III and the Dawn of War series. Good games! Looking forward to MGSV in a few months.

I'm playing a little Warhammer Age of Reckoning at Return of Reckoning. I just like the setting so darn much! Praise Nurgle.

Also, all my Disciple of Khaine abilities are eeeeevil.

That and Witcher 3 still.

Deus Exing some Human Revolution... ... ...does that even make any sence? Anywho...

I have been cleaning out ever location I can find in Detroit lately... every single locked door, computer, safe, etc, I open... and I search through every single room and area I can find and get to as well, and take every single thing that is not bolted down and which I can sell. At the moment I only have a few rank 5 security locked places left, parts of the police station (mostly computers in the main room where several cops work, but I know how to get to those computers... build a fort around each of them so noone can see! XD ), the sewers, and the DRB territory which I have not gone into yet. My current mission is to go take a look at the hacker body from the first mission (I did everything else in the police station first).

Not decided yet how far I want to go with the police station though... as in if I want to knock all of them unconscious or not... so I can get to all their weapons and items that they carry as well, and certain computers and such which are unavailable for me to hack since some cop is using it. So far I have only knocked out 2 cops I belive, the one in the armory, and one guy which was sleeping infront of his computer in his office. XD

As for the civilian populations, punks or otherwise, and/or my coworkers, I have decided to leave them alone unless they for some reason turned hostile (which none has so far)... the exceptions here would be if it is part of a mission or something, where they would be hostiles (not due to something I did though, like hack something infront of them or something)... then they would be compleatly fair game... and I would choke and/or knock the F out every single last one of them! XD

Jensens apartment currently has a pretty nice stock of weaponry and ammunition for them... since I save one of each type of weapon I find, even if I do not use them. A Sniper rifle, Combat Rifle, Shotgun, Double-barrel shotgun, Machine pistol, 10mm pistol (the only thing I have done some upgrades on so far), Tranquilizer gun, the P.E.P.S, and the Stun gun.

The only weapons I tend to bring with me though is the Tranq and Stun gun, seeing as I am running a none-leathal run (that might change if I do run across opponents which you can not take out with none-leathal). The only other weapon I might take with me on occations, depending on what is about to go down, would be the 10mm pistol as a last resort thing... not that I really ever have had to use it, but it is small enough to not take up to much space in my inventory. For the explosives though I have not decided yet if I want to just sell them or not, currently I am stocking them... just in case... but who knows, I might suddently just go and sell them.

Granted... so far the only weapon I have even used, is the Tranq gun, and I only used that one on those two drug-dealers in Detroit that I had to take out to get the security footage of the Neuropozine theft. Outside of those two, I have taken out every other single opponent none-leathaly by hand. So far the only opponents I have left standing are the ones at the start of the game, pre-augmentation, because you can not knock the opponents out with melee there, so I figured I would not use my Combat rifle either, and just stealthed past every single last one of them instead. At this moment in time I have not been noticed a single time, none of my victims have been found, and no alarms have gone off either. So I feel things are going pretty good. :)

finally startd playing Batman Arkham Knight after finishing the Witcher 3, great game so far, it took some time to get into it after the Witcher, had to change from Witcher flow to Arkham flow, story and villains are cool as always, Batmobile driving works fine, but the Battank battles are stupid and dont fit into the game, it feels way to forced to fight a whole tank army with my own tank.....and of course those tanks are all drones cause Batman doesnt kill....really Rocksteady? But whatever, everything else works fine, it plays fluid, Batman feels even more Badass this time, RS just knows who to present the dark knight.
And by the way Gotham looks just awesome, it got a great dark atmosphere, it truly has a lot of things i want to see in CP77 too,
dark+rainy+neonlights+lots of thugs on the streets= awesome! Gotham even got its own corporate plaza with skyscrappers of some of the biggest coprporation in the DC unverse, love it

Got tired of Witcher again (the gameplay started to feel too repetitive at the 35-40 hour mark, I'll pick it back up later. So I made a rerun of Deus Ex HR, tried for Dishonored (but didn't finis since I remembered everything too well and the games flaws jumped in my face too blatantly - like the utterly underdeveloped ability progression and knowing to expect that one over long swamp level that's quite possibly the most annoying and boring things I can remember), and now thinking whether I should give sHitman: crApslotuion another chance (since I never finished it) or give Alpha Protocol or VtMB another go.

Yeah, feeling a bit stealthy at the moment.

Beat the witcher a few weeks back very enjoyable just wish it had all the stuff the new patch is coming out with beforehand, 80% of my loot was ingredients and crafting materials. Got stuck into far cry and the crew again. Waiting patiently for Mad max.

Last edited:
Recently finished everybody's gone to the rapture and replayed Metro redux, back into far cry 4 again. Might start playing witcher again when the dlc comes out for it.

I'm playing Return of Reckoning still, the fan-built restart of Warhammer Online. As well as STALKER Lost Alpha.

I played mount and blade recently. Great game but

Jeebus, it is extremely grindy after a while. I control the Russians but I can't bear the grind.

in retrospect, the tactical aspect of battles could be better developed.

I played mount and blade recently. Great game but

Jeebus, it is extremely grindy after a while. I control the Russians but I can't bear the grind.

in retrospect, the tactical aspect of battles could be better developed.

Couldn't get into Mount and Blade. Just not my thing. Kids loved it though.

Top Bottom