Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a person who pays close attention to little details i want to share with you some curious thoughts about the Vegelbuds' masquerade ball scene between Geralt and Triss:
What if the kiss between them was all planned by Triss from the start?(to make sure if Geralt still loves her or not), why i say this? Let me explain it with some topics:

- As soon as Geralt compliments her saying that she is charming, Triss replies: "Are you trying to?" (this is the moment when the "click" happens on her head).

- Right after that she gets drunk only with a cup of wine and very quick like she said (very suspicious but whatever :D).

- When Geralt wants to leave she "drags" him into the maze because she wants to see some "nude statues" (did you saw any nude statues at the maze? i guess not :D).

- Then she climbs the fountain just to fall into Geralt's arms providing the perfect setup for a kiss.

- Right after the kiss she is sober again if you noticed.

- When they meet at the stables she blames the wine just not to raise suspicions.

Was Triss trying to "Test the waters" between them at the "fountain" or is this pure coincidence? the answer is: We will never know! :D
Its always funny to see the same situation from diferent angles.
thanks for reading my crazy theory :D good night

You forgot to mention she used a fireball to trigger the fireworks when they kiss :devil:

Making her magic.

From what i speculation from the guide:
-If Geralt don't help her evacuate mage from Norvigad, she still do it, but fail in process
-No mention about what Kovir king offer her if Geralt doesn't romance Triss
-I am curious what Triss say in Norvigad (Act 3) if all mage are burn at stake ?

And yes, she grow up.
-In witcher 2 thank to Geralt, Triss's property have reduced to almost nothing, but she still have Geralt's love at this time
-In the event between 2 and 3, she have nothing now and must rely on herself to help every mages in Norvigad espace (while i must say most of the sorceress gonna save themselves first)

you can easely take her off the game and the story is ot impacted by it: We are talking about Triss's story, not Geralt find Ciri story, 2 thing isn't connect to each other

Not to mention, if you don't help Triss, Radovid will always win the war, which will lead to a very sad and a very dark end.

Still need to wait till August then GTX 980 here i come :p

Finish Skellige and Velen in third playthough, now at the begin point of the Mattle of Life and Death, struggle to play now :(

Let her know Mr Farry send her his regard :devil:

Yep my laptop will have GTX 980M 8GB aswell --- Will be awesome :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Not to mention, if you don't help Triss, Radovid will always win the war, which will lead to a very sad and a very dark end.
Hah, forgot it, if you don't help Triss; you also ignore Thaler, Roche, Ves and also Dijkstra call for help, whoa CDPR why you so cruel :laser:

But, in relation to the interview quote, I think she is selfish and immature by putting her own feelings before her friendship with Yen, and respect for Geralt's family he quite clearly loves the most. She still does not present Geralt with a challenge and an opportunity to grow with her, seeing as she is obsessed and enchanted by him, she simply falls before him. In that respect alone, she fits the quote from the interview.

I'd be happy to discuss this respectfully further with you in a Triss thread if you'd like, or through PM. But hopefully, this is enough to explain I had no malicious intents.
I agree with you about this part (in the book only). But it seem Geralt put down every attempt she make in the book :p
-Witcher 1 and 2: we doesnt even know Yen or Ciri is alive. In the Witcher 2 beginning Geralt just remember Yen, but not sure she is alive or dead. Only in the epilogue, Letho or Sile said Yen in Niffgard, that confirm Yen is alive. So to me Triss can pursue her relationship with Geralt in this point.
-Witcher 3: knowing Geralt find Yen and will reunite with her, Triss simply give up and try to move on (to Kovir), forget about Geralt forever. It up to Geralt now to continue with her or Yen

__________________________________________________________________________________

Don't count the alternative outfit, even her original one make her stand out with other. So, i looking forward when Redkid come out, we can make her wear real peasant clothes in Norvigad. Or Kovir DLC when she at home with Geralt :whistle:

Yes, Triss's secondary quest-line is the only way you can unlock A Deadly Plot and Reason of State, her quest-line controls half of the game endings.
Thank you, i never tried that so don`t know, but now i understand why, you cant meet Djikstra to give you proposition to kill Radovid, so what happens when you rescue Philippa

I agree with you about this part (in the book only). But it seem Geralt put down every attempt she make in the book :p
-Witcher 1 and 2: we doesnt even know Yen or Ciri is alive. In the Witcher 2 beginning Geralt just remember Yen, but not sure she is alive or dead. Only in the epilogue, Letho or Sile said Yen in Niffgard, that confirm Yen is alive. So to me Triss can pursue her relationship with Geralt in this point.
-Witcher 3: knowing Geralt find Yen and will reunite with her, Triss simply give up and try to move on (to Kovir), forget about Geralt forever. It up to Geralt now to continue with her or Yen

That's a fair point, and I agree to an extent. Considering Triss quest line comes much sooner than Yen's, for people who didn't read the books, just played the games, it is very hard to make a fully informed decision on whether to pursuit Triss romance or not. It's almost like players are having amnesia, like Geralt :)

I think in Witcher 1 Triss didn't want to tell Geralt too much about his past and his old personality so not to affect his recovery and perception of self, but then she goes on and indulges in a romance. Kind of contradicts herself there.

If she wanted to win over Geralt in a fair and respectful manner, waiting for him to fully recover memory would seem as a more honest approach?

Hey do you guys know when that extra Triss content is gonna roll through? I've started a new playthrough (nearing the end of the Velen questline right now) and plan on romancing Triss, but I want to get the most from my decision.

Hey do you guys know when that extra Triss content is gonna roll through? I've started a new playthrough (nearing the end of the Velen questline right now) and plan on romancing Triss, but I want to get the most from my decision.

No idea, I doubt it'll be very soon - hopefully they won't rush it and do a bad/unfinished job.

Personally I can't play another playthrough until they fix the ending and the Triss content. For now I'm just playing TW1 and TW2 after that.

No idea, I doubt it'll be very soon - hopefully they won't rush it and do a bad/unfinished job.

Personally I can't play another playthrough until they fix the ending and the Triss content. For now I'm just playing TW1 and TW2 after that.
Aye, wouldn't want them to rush it either, rather a job done right than one done quickly.

I hadn't been on top of many things when I bought the game, wasn't even aware there was a forum for quite some time, so when did CDPR confirm they were going to add to Triss content?

That's a fair point, and I agree to an extent. Considering Triss quest line comes much sooner than Yen's, for people who didn't read the books, just played the games, it is very hard to make a fully informed decision on whether to pursuit Triss romance or not. It's almost like players are having amnesia, like Geralt

I've read the books, I started by finishing Yennefer's quest-line first and I was still going after Triss. =P

I think in Witcher 1 Triss didn't want to tell Geralt too much about his past and his old personality so not to affect his recovery and perception of self, but then she goes on and indulges in a romance. Kind of contradicts herself there.

She never withheld the information actually, she tried to tell him while she was scanning for the magical anomaly in Vizima about the events that happened between him and the other sorceress (Referring to Yennefer and The Last Wish events) but he asked her to stop because "He's not ready to hear about the past yet".

---------- Updated at 10:41 AM ----------

If she wanted to win over Geralt in a fair and respectful manner, waiting for him to fully recover memory would seem as a more honest approach?

I never felt that what happened between them was disrespectful, she was there for him more than once, it was better than leaving him alone in the world without anyone to depend on or help him figure out his purpose and what he's supposed to do. Even if he chose Shani and not her, she was still there for him on more than one occasion. This all comes back to the player's perspective and decisions. She never forced herself on him.

EDIT reason: Update.

Last edited:
Aye, wouldn't want them to rush it either, rather a job done right than one done quickly.

I hadn't been on top of many things when I bought the game, wasn't even aware there was a forum for quite some time, so when did CDPR confirm they were going to add to Triss content?

Two dev posts in the original thread, they are both in the OP (links here and here)

That's a fair point, and I agree to an extent. Considering Triss quest line comes much sooner than Yen's, for people who didn't read the books, just played the games, it is very hard to make a fully informed decision on whether to pursuit Triss romance or not. It's almost like players are having amnesia, like Geralt :)
Agree with you

First time i play Witcher 3:
-I have full knowledge of Triss betrayal in the book
-Know Yen is Geralt lover in the book, Ciri is their adoptive daughter
-I don't know about Djin bound, special on-off relationship for 20 years until the end of the book :blink:

Now i know all about this, i decide to romance ... Triss in every playthrough :evil:

Joke aside, it seem to me it is Geralt's decision:
-In Witcher 1, it is his decision to choose Triss or Shani
-Off-screen, it seem he continue or begin with Triss while in Foltest court
-Witcher 2, this one after he remember Yen (but don't know she alive or not), also up to player to decide

Of course Triss want this, but it all up to Geralt ;)

And finally in Witcher 3 Triss win Geralt fair and square :victory:
^player's choice :p

Last edited:

You see, I don't see this as a problem. People constantly point to it as a betrayal but since when has honesty and reason applied to love? Who wouldn't jump at the chance to pursue a relationship with someone who had lost their memory and was finding themselves falling in love with you? What Triss did was what any of us did, what anyone with normal human emotions would do. The heart rules the head in love, so I think people in glass houses should stop throwing stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom