( 1.07 ) Slow Walk is gone

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
good grief, this place doesn't need moderators... it needs baby sitters....
could u all please just tone down the drama, the rethoric and most of all, the smugness?
this thread is more than 20 pages long, but there are probably less than 2 pages of actual feedback and useful information..... the rest is just meaningless noise and ridiculously silly squabbles.

flexing your muscles on an internet forum doesn't make u look tough.... it makes u look ridiculous.
snide, sarcastic comments don't make u look smart and "experienced".... they make u look childish and dumb.

not to mention those smug, condescending teenagers who come here just to express their "disapproval" in the most patronizing tone possible...."this is a ridiculous complaint...... this issue is irrelevant to me...... i don't know how can u make a 20 pages thread about such an issue".

this thread reached 20 pages because it got cluttered by post after post of childish condescending kids, who just can't refrain themselves from expressing just how unimportant this issue is (because obviously only what's important to them, is a real issue!). So we get to this hilarious situation: the guys making sarcastic comments about the lenght of the thread are actually the ones who got it to 20+ pages.

we are aware this is not a gamebreaking issue. we are simply giving our feedback to the developers.... and we're also doing it in a civilized and polite manner. if the devs will consider this issue worth addressing, then great. Otherwise we'll just move on.
but there's nothin wrong with letting the devs know our opinion in a polite and respectful manner.
however there is something wrong with polluting the thread with witless, pseudo-sarcastic comments, who add absolutely nothing meaningful to the conversation, and only make the thread longer (and therefore more difficult to go through)..

so, if u don't have anything relevant to say, please refrain from posting, so we can keep this thread as short, as easy to read and as "in topic" as possible....... please!
i understand there are a lot of very young guys in this forum, but let's try and be mature people ok?

How relevant was this post? lol
I agree though

LOl! You're right, it wasn't indeed. and ironically i used quite a condescending tone myself (which i apologize for)... but try to understand me, i was merely trying to invite people to stay on topic and avoid cluttering this thread any further.
it can be quite frustrating.... on one side u have people (i reckon it's mostly kids) who dramatically overreact to any possible problem (no matter how small it may be), often disrespecting the developers' work and effort...... and on the other side there are those who (understandably) want to educate those little drama queens, but who eventually end up cluttering the forum even further.

And then u have those like me, who won’t go berserk for any small problem, but who would just like to get their feedback out there and possibly to get the devs attention.
But when u end up with a 24 page thread filled with nonsense like this one, how can u expect the devs to read it? How can u expect your opinion to be taken seriously, when it’s mixed up with so many kids venting their frustrations with statements like “this is outrageous! How could they! I wan’t to uninstall the patch! And so on.
Honestly I care about this "walking animation issue", but even I wouldn’t go through 24 pages of this garbage.

Someone suggested me to open a new, clean thread, explaining in a few words the issue, but I don’t think it would make a difference. Soon the drama queens would just migrate in the new thread and the whole thing would start anew.
At this point I guess I’ll just patiently wait and hope that a brave, corageous developer will plunge himself into this dungeon of a thread to find those few posts worth reading.

Last edited:
I'm glad that a fellow italian player can write so well in english. :)

On topic... slow walk IS gone in 1.07
I'm in the faction that says: "I want it back"

Cheers

as for crying and threatening and being childish. what purpose do you serve in this thread? other then arguing for arguments sake.
moving on done talking to you

Maybe that this feature was interesting for me too....but the truth hurts you ;)

Last edited:
good grief, this place doesn't need moderators... it needs baby sitters....
could u all please just tone down the drama, the rethoric and most of all, the smugness?
this thread is more than 20 pages long, but there are probably less than 2 pages of actual feedback and useful information..... the rest is just meaningless noise and ridiculously silly squabbles.

flexing your muscles on an internet forum doesn't make u look tough.... it makes u look ridiculous.
snide, sarcastic comments don't make u look smart and "experienced".... they make u look childish and dumb.

not to mention those smug, condescending teenagers who come here just to express their "disapproval" in the most patronizing tone possible...."this is a ridiculous complaint...... this issue is irrelevant to me...... i don't know how can u make a 20 pages thread about such an issue".

this thread reached 20 pages because it got cluttered by post after post of childish condescending kids, who just can't refrain themselves from expressing just how unimportant this issue is (because obviously only what's important to them, is a real issue!). So we get to this hilarious situation: the guys making sarcastic comments about the lenght of the thread are actually the ones who got it to 20+ pages.

we are aware this is not a gamebreaking issue. we are simply giving our feedback to the developers.... and we're also doing it in a civilized and polite manner. if the devs will consider this issue worth addressing, then great. Otherwise we'll just move on.
but there's nothin wrong with letting the devs know our opinion in a polite and respectful manner.
however there is something wrong with polluting the thread with witless, pseudo-sarcastic comments, who add absolutely nothing meaningful to the conversation, and only make the thread longer (and therefore more difficult to go through)..

so, if u don't have anything relevant to say, please refrain from posting, so we can keep this thread as short, as easy to read and as "in topic" as possible....... please!
i understand there are a lot of very young guys in this forum, but let's try and be mature people ok?

You took the words right out my mouth

I'll chime in with my support for those who want to bring the slow walk back to Geralt. This new movement system works great for those that want to run around all the time going from point A to point B and sticking to the main roads. But for the explorers like myself Geralt looks like a total spaz navigating the world right now.

I always saw this as a game of exploration. I play with a totally clean HUD and hardly ever run with Geralt or even ride the horse. The slow walk is vital for this play style.

I'm not sure why this was removed but i hope you guys bring it back with your next patch. This game is a true masterpiece but I'll put TW3 on the back burner for now and try to get through Batman for the time being.

Yeah, I know... but I don't see why people want to walk slower than the slowest speed on keyboard... I mean, it is slow as shit already. If is okay to criticize this unnecessary change... but how people get worked up here about every little shit... it makes me want to punch someone. And no, this is no insult to anyone ... but I get angry a lot around here lately.

Its about immersion. If I want to slowly walk through a village or into a building, instead of kicking the door down and bursting in, I should still be able to.

I'll chime in with my support for those who want to bring the slow walk back to Geralt. This new movement system works great for those that want to run around all the time going from point A to point B and sticking to the main roads. But for the explorers like myself Geralt looks like a total spaz navigating the world right now.

I always saw this as a game of exploration. I play with a totally clean HUD and hardly ever run with Geralt or even ride the horse. The slow walk is vital for this play style.

I'm not sure why this was removed but i hope you guys bring it back with your next patch. This game is a true masterpiece but I'll put TW3 on the back burner for now and try to get through Batman for the time being.

I agree, except the Batman part, Already switched this week. Back to TW3 that is.

Well said. For the time being I think I'll knock out the last Dark Souls II DLC then maybe play the Xbox One version of Tomb Raider.

I was going to start my Death March run right when 1.07 hit but now I think I'll wait it out until we have an official word to see if the feature will return. The Witcher 3 is absolutely tremendous but slow walking was a key part to how I played the game.

Well said. For the time being I think I'll knock out the last Dark Souls II DLC then maybe play the Xbox One version of Tomb Raider.

I was going to start my Death March run right when 1.07 hit but now I think I'll wait it out until we have an official word to see if the feature will return. The Witcher 3 is absolutely tremendous but slow walking was a key part to how I played the game.

I'm not trolling, I ask for real.

How "slow walking" is key part to your gamestyle.

Its not needed for any mecanic of the game. What you can get from slow walking you don't get from stop a watch?

OP is correct, however, I think the thread should be titled "super slow walk gone" . At first I didn't think it was actually missing because I've never knew it was there, and for good reason, i'ts kind of pointless IMO, I've never used it and don't care to, but indeed it is gone.

OP is correct, however, I think the thread should be titled "super slow walk gone" . At first I didn't think it was actually missing because I've never knew it was there, and for good reason, i'ts kind of pointless IMO, I've never used it and don't care to, but indeed it is gone.

Well I'm on the other side. I never knew people had such an issue with Geralt's turn radius when running around in figure eights like a skater, and with good reason. It's kinda pointless IMO, I've never run and don't care to.

People who run through open world games confuse me. But i respect their right to play the way they want. That's why the 'standard setting' should have been the old system and this 'alternative setting' for the runners.

Haha sigh. IS THIS CONFIRMED? !? I HAVE NO IDEA SO WELL HERE IS MY OPINION AND OUTRAGE!!!! SHOCK!~~~ GASP! SHAME ON DEVS!!!@@ Oh it's in options well nyaa here's something unaffiliated I want fixed/added to suit my agenda.

/wowplayers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom