( 1.07 ) Slow Walk is gone

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just confirmed this. Search for "the Witcher 3 just awkwardly strolling" on youtube and observe Geralt and try to walk at that speed; you can't. Not a dealbreaker in my opinion as the controls are much improved but weird to see it gone nonetheless. I would post the link but it won't let me as a new user.

Yep the super slow is gone. I played a few hours last night with the new patch. You can still walk slow, fast and really fast. Didnt really matter to me at all.

Whats the difference between the two? Camera height? Im on ps4 if thats important. I dont notice any difference, standard or alternative.

This change is my biggest gripe with 1.07. In my experience the slow walk is gone outdoors, but is still present indoors when you are restricted to walking. I'd prefer to be able to slow walk outdoors as I find the standard speed slightly too fast. At a minimum, it would be nice to be able to select whether or not you want the slow walk available still in the options.

I rarely go into official game forums to complain because normally its useless since devs rarely care...but decided to come here to complain about the remotion of slow walk after 1.05...I'm glad someone else noticed and came here to complain.Thought I would not need to complain anymore but seeing how ignorant,blind and willing to spread misinformation people are here on this thread I had to register just to add ma voice to this PROBLEM which it ain't a small one.

The slow walk is GONE on 1.07.....NO it wasn't always 3 types....you could walk very slow,now you can only walk fast.I couldn't believe it after installing the update and I thought it was something to do with the alternative movement but no....SLOW WALK IS COMPLETELY GONE.
You people that didn't noticed a difference or saying there was always 3 types,YOU'RE WRONG....you didn't noticed a difference probably because you play the game in the "fast-forward" way and don't take the time to explore and enjoy the game in the slow pace.
I ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS used slow walk...this is a massive disappointment,no reason for them to remove such thing from the game and of course they're aware of it,this ain't no bug.CDPR ruined the game with 1.07,I'd give money to go back to 1.05 cuz slow walk remotion ain't the only problem but I won't stray from the topic....won't dwell in the other problems,of course 1.07 brought a lot of good things (stash for instance) but they removed and changed things which had no reason to,I just can't understand why they would do this.
Change things that didn't needed to be changed,remove things that didn't needed to be removed...after playing Witcher 3 I have a huge respect and admiration for CDPR but they fuckin ruined the game with 1.07.

I think there may be a dramatic misunderstanding going on here.
Every time someone dismisses this as something trivial, there's someone else pointing "Maybe you don't understand what went missing with this update" and reposting a video that shows the slow-walk as originally intended.

But here's a shocking secret: while few people may be actually failing to notice the difference (which is in itself something very telling of how "important" this feature was) there are plenty of other people who got the point and still think it's something so trivial there's no particular reason to cry over it.

Yeah, you don't have a specific animation set for when you are walking really, really slow. Not anymore. Aaaand that's important... because?

I think there may be a dramatic misunderstanding going on here.
Every time someone dismisses this as something trivial, there's someone else pointing "Maybe you don't understand what went missing with this update" and reposting a video that shows the slow-walk as originally intended.

But here's a shocking secret: while few people may be actually failing to notice the difference (which is in itself something very telling of how "important" this feature was) there are plenty of other people who got the point and still think it's something so trivial there's no particular reason to cry over it.

Yeah, you don't have a specific animation set for when you are walking really, really slow. Not anymore. Aaaand that's important... because?

I don't care about newgame+, but I don't go in the newgame+ topic, saying that it is a shitty option because this is not important for me. Let them have they want.
I don't understand what's point to said that here? If you are happy, play the game, that's all. No need to come here.

This is not the slow walk that is gone, but the normal walk..Our character, is now in hurry. I am not in a Devil May Cry style game.

You don't known. Don't invent

Some people are not so happy and don't come registering here to complain
How many people come here to complain about slow fps on ps4 or xboxone? Not that much. Does that mean few people care?
Nobody cry, just saying at the Dev that they removed a feature that some people like a lot..

There is a normal (the same as before) and alternative control. The problem is that the normal is not the same as before. If the normal control was the same, there will not be a topic about it, and everyone will be happy.

If the dev remove a feature that you like, I am sure you will not be so happy.

I don"t care about the new inventory book tab in the patch... (I never take the book in my inventory). But if this feature made other people happy because they like to take books, that's good for everyone.

Last edited:
1/ This is not the slow walk that is gone, but the normal walk..Our character, is now in hurry. I am not in a Devil May Cry style game.

2/ I don't understand what's point to said that here? I you are happy, play the game, that's all. No need to come here

3/ There is a normal (the same as before) and alternative control. The problem is that the normal is not the same as before. If the normal control was the same, there will not be a topic about it, and everyone will be happy.

If the dev remove a feature that you like, I am sure you will not be so happy.

I don"t care about the new inventory book tab in the patch... (I never take the book in my inventory). But if this feature made other people happy because they like to take books, that's good for everyone.

I don't care about newgame+, but I don't go in the newgame+ topic, saying that it is a shitty option because this is not important for me. Let them have they want.
Wut?
Are you people using Google translate to post?

I edit my post,
Nope, sorry I do my best trying to write in english. Writing is more difficult than reading. (I am a bit tired).

I would be pleased to meet some english people trying to write in my mother tongue :)
I can write in Korean if you want.

I'd be more upset if Geralt could no longer run anywhere. Imagine trying to traverse the map only being able to slow-walk?

Hope I didn't give CDPR any ideas for the next patch. :p

Happend to PC (with xbox controller) version as well. Now I only walk witch the joystick (does not matter the pressure i put on it) and to jog i have to press A. Fast run is gone.

Fix this please CDK.

I feel the exact opposite. Running makes no sense to me in open world game. Might as well not be playing an open world game if you're going to run around like a spazz all day.

The difference is I didn't go into any of the threads complaining about Geralt's running controls telling other people that their complaints are trivial like some are doing in here.

Last edited:
Forum or real world?
Whatever comes first, i guess, since I don't live in England nor in any english speaking country?

I feel the exact opposite. Running makes no sense to me in open world game. Might as well not be playing an open world game if you're going to run around like a spazz all day.

The difference is I didn't go into any of the threads complaining about Geralt's running controls telling other people that their complaints are trivial like some are doing in here.
Oh well, ok, then let's just ignore that walking IS in the game and what's missing is just "walking twice as slowly".
No, not even that, because you can actually walk at any speed you want, just as before. What's missing is a specific animation that made hardly any relevant difference.

After all the point of this kind of post is not not make sense or to point some sensible argument; it's to troll hard waving around some borderline retarded strawman like "running around like a spazz".

Last edited:
Whatever comes first, i guess, since I don't live in England nor in any english speaking country?

Oh well, ok, then let's just ignore that walking IS in the game and what's missing is just "walking twice as slowly".
No, not even that, because you can actually walk at any speed you want, just as before. What's missing is a specific animation that made hardly any relevant difference.

After all the point of this kind of post is not not make sense or to point some sensible argument; it's to troll hard waving around some borderline retarded strawman like "running around like a spazz".

Derp..."but this amp goes to 11"

We know you can walk in the game. You're dead wrong on being able to control the pace as before.

What's really retarded here is how someone who can't even tell the difference is going to lecture us on what's important. Give me a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom