Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

No curls though... :'(

[/spoiler]
:dead:

Hm, but why do you want changes if you only play your games once or twice at the maximum, just like me? I don't get it.

Wait...what are you talking about? I lost the thread...

You only don't care about it because you don't know it (or maybe you hate a cyberpunk setting, then it's a valid point). Why not believing in CDPR's creative power and let them surprise you with something new and fresh for which they can finally use their full creativity again? ;)

Because my first impression is usually not what makes my overall opinion. You see, it changes.

For example I really did not like STALKER at first. Took me 2-3 tries to... I dont know... get it I guess? And when I did I loved it. Warts and all. Was the same with Witcher 1 for example.

I do replay games but rarely. Witcher 3 CAN be one of those games.

I was talking to the game design 99% of SP games choose. It does not lend itself to be truly ... unique. Replaying usually does not change things much. Alluded to the AI system that I would have loved to have continued to be developed. It actually could fit the Witcher 3 :(
That and I am tired as fuck and somewhat intoxicated and am here to read mostly happy comments :(

I generally like the idea of Cyberpunk. Even if it... kinda too unreal. It has so much basis in reality ... but evokes the "writers dont know machinery/computers" or "writers cant do politics well" tropes to me :( .
My problem is mostly with the way tech seems to be portrayed in this new universe. That "going insane due to machinery being installed in your body" seems kinda like a cop out to me.

BTW, you read roadside picnic? Or Solaris?

Wow, @Kallelinski , the quality of your posts and the tenacity you display in regards to this topic is truly commendable.

While I'll always try to be neutral when it comes to this topic, I can't help but just say kudos. :)

Thank you, everyone. I guess the last thing i can do now is hoping and updating everything :D

Seriously, i didn't expect that so many people agree with my recent posts, not that easy to put so many thoughts into words, especially more emotional feelings than hard facts, so i didn't include them in the pdfs at first. I wanted to wait for feedback before putting it in, but seeing this positive resonance i took the time to revised the first post again :)

I also updated all pdfs, the "All-in-One"-pdf has now more than 300 pages.

:pride2:

Because my first impression is usually not what makes my overall opinion. You see, it changes.

I do replay games but rarely. Witcher 3 CAN be one of those games.
Point taken. ;)

I generally like the idea of Cyberpunk. Even if it... kinda too unreal. It has so much basis in reality ... but evokes the "writers dont know machinery/computers" or "writers cant do politics well" tropes to me :( .
My problem is mostly with the way tech seems to be portrayed in this new universe. That "going insane due to machinery being installed in your body" seems kinda like a cop out to me.
Hm, isn't it a similar approach to cyberpunk than Deus Ex? Don't you like that neither? But honestly, I'm not THAT well informed about the Cyberpunk universe I'm afraid...

BTW, you read roadside picnic? Or Solaris?
Nope. I'm not that much into sci-fi myself tbh. But are they any good? Worth reading?

Thank you, everyone. I guess the last thing i can do now is hoping and updating everything

Seriously, i didn't expect that so many people agree with my recent posts, not that easy to put so many thoughts into words, especially more emotional feelings than hard facts, so i didn't include them in the pdfs at first. I wanted to wait for feedback before putting it in, but seeing this positive resonance i took the time to revised the first post again

So what do you think Yennefer or Triss Merigold?

Point taken. ;)

Hm, isn't it a similar approach to cyberpunk than Deus Ex? Don't you like that neither? But honestly, I'm not THAT well informed about the Cyberpunk universe I'm afraid...

Nope. I'm not that much into sci-fi myself tbh. But are they any good? Worth reading?

Deus Ex has many of those issues too.

I am taken out when I see such ... faults. VERY strongly. This technology is already happening and will happen. And many of the issues and themes this genre of science fiction called cyberpunk brings with itself are going to probably be things my generation will have to deal with.
But not all of them. And not in such a manner. Computers... just dont work like that. Neither do countries or even corporations :(. At least from what (admittedly not much) I have seen from this genre.

It probably wont be as bad as when I see the terrible representation of modern military hardware in... certain games *Looks at CoD* , but CDPR will have to take on a much calmer approach with many of the elements I have read Cyberpunk 2020 to include to win me over.

It may be great. We will see. But till then I want them to be on Witcher :p

Those books are considered to be some of literature's finest :p
I agree with those sentiments for what it is worth. Not the easiest read though :)

Actually we don't know if Triss is naturally beautiful.

It's anyway bullocks to assume that all sorcerers were ugly once. All of them get this "magical surgery" to fit the high standard of a sorcerer, that doesn't mean every single one of them was ugly as the night, for instance Lytta Neyd had pox.

We also never heard of any male sorcerer that he was ugly, it's always the women...

Just look at all those stars in hollywood, who are most of the time already good looking, but still go to a plastic surgeon to correct their nose 1mm to the left.

She can't change her appearence with magic, so it's quite plausible she is not ugly as Yen before the magic fix. Also, in the books she's not described in details but she seems quite beautiful.

She must be atleast in her forties in the games, maybe even much older. In no way she looks like mid-40 in the games.

She is also allergic to magical potions, so if she can't use that never-aging potion, how is she looking like mid-20 despite being atleast 40?

I would also assume that she is capable of using illusions, why shouldn't she?

We also don't know anything about Triss' past, just that she doesn't have any family, but that could also mean anything. Not unusally that parents give their child away, if they have magical abilities. "It's not normal" for them.

Thank you, everyone. I guess the last thing i can do now is hoping and updating everything :D

Seriously, i didn't expect that so many people agree with my recent posts, not that easy to put so many thoughts into words, especially more emotional feelings than hard facts, so i didn't include them in the pdfs at first. I wanted to wait for feedback before putting it in, but seeing this positive resonance i took the time to revised the first post again :)

I tried to read most of it, I couldn't, TLDR, sorry... There is a lot of good ideas in there, especially the ones that includes more time between Yennefer and Ciri, those were actually my favorites.

I don't think that Yennefer's romance with Geralt needs any further improvements, that would end up trashing the other romance options and throwing them out of the window, there are simply too much memories, history between them and some of what's being asked would require hours of rewriting and changes that will end up making the developers reach the point of tearing down the whole game and rebuilding it from the start.

I'm not sure, maybe it's me not processing some of those feelings correctly, but some of the things that was pointed out were mainly discussing the way how other characters treated Yennefer, I think that the people who didn't like her in the game didn't like her in the books either, at least if I recall correctly, I think some of them didn't, I think the problem was the way she was introduced, walking in, barking orders at people and making some of them feel left out.

I think what would help is pointing out any obvious inconsistencies or anything that feels out of place, because obviously the people who read the books shouldn't be the ones feeling upset about how she was introduced, after all, we know better.

I think Yennefer is one of the best characters we currently have in the game in conversations, romance and she have a lot of strong points, during The Last Wish, I finally felt that she was actually willing to change, let go of the past and become someone else, that gave me hope, that made me want her and that made me give her relationship with Geralt another chance, because this time, Ciri won't be around holding it together and after she's gone, I kept wondering what would have happened if she didn't take that step to ensure if our feelings were real or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom