Bug Tracking Megathread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bug of not completing and not getting the reward for the quest "The Creature of the Oxenfurt Forest", if you get the contract from the bulletin first, then kill the archgriffin and then only talk to Hans still remain with the patch 1.07. So PLEASE fix it with the next patch.

I can't start the Ugly Baby quest, when I'm trying to talk to the barons sergeant all I get is, Nothin's here for you. Please I don't know what to do, I want to progress the main quest !!!!

Gamepad Bug - L2 button no longer working on Logitech F710

Problem emerged when I was about 30 hours in with version 1.06. Patch 1.07 has not solved the issue. I'm playing with a Logitech F710 on PC and the L2 button (Left Trigger) is no longer registering, which means no parrying and no witcher senses for me.

The gamepad is working perfectly in all my other games. Tried using X360ce and it doesn't help at all. Tried installing "Witcher 3 Control Configuration Editor" and rebinding keys, but whatever I assign to L2 is still not registering in game. Unistalled everything and did a clean re-install from Steam and is still not working.

Any idea on how to solve this or am I stuck playing with keyboard and mouse? Not keen on starting a new game as I'm about 40 hours in at this stage.

All of these occur on and before patch 1.07:
-NPCs popping in
-Traveling to and from Skellige results in flat water/seas
-Choppy whale fin animation at sea
-Floating NPCs/stacked NPCs
-Entered boat stacks on vacant boat when fast traveling to various harbors
-NPCs carrying bundles and walking on flat surface animate as if climbing steep stairs

A couple bugs remaining after 1.07

First is during the Master Armorers quest. When I give the Griffin Gland to Yonna, I run into an infinite load screen. I've loaded from several saves and get the same result, as well as trying with every patch version since I believe 1.03.

Second is during the Ciri's Footsteps/Novigrad Dreaming main quest. When I go to the "Old House", the man in the back won't speak to me, and the door remains locked. So now I can't move forward in the main quest.

Finally is a buggy GPS waypoint system. It stopped working for several quests, both side and main, including the aforementioned Novigrad Dreaming quest, to where I had to google where the Old House was because I didn't have any guidance in the game. I believe I started noticing this bug around patch 1.04.

Very frustrating, I think I'm just going to start playing Arkham Knight...oh wait...ugh.

I have noticed that after my games was automatically update to version 1.07 by steam, every time I try to load a previously saved game, Geralt dies immediately after the game is loaded. I found one save where the game loads and Geralt doesn't die immediately but if I try to move he just dies even. I was wondering if there is a work around so that I can keep playing that save game since I would much rather not have to start from the beginning again... Any help is appreciated.

Right before 1.07 I was at Skellige and was about to start Ugly Baby (level 19 quest). My side quests bar was full of quests from Novigrad, Velen, Skellige etc all above level 20, except the soldier statuette quest (level 14) that I missed and hoped I'd complete with Triss after Kaer Morhen.
Now after the patch, ALL my Novigrad and Velen Side Quests just VANISHED! They're not even logged as failed, they're simply not there. That's Including the Radovid assassination quest, the DLC Quests etc. All gone!
I tried to back track a few saves even as far as the Now or Never quest with Triss, but to no avail. All the quests up to that point are just gone. This is really frustrating, please fix this ASAP!!!!

Guest 3844524

Get Junior Quest
Bug : cannot talk to Vernon Roche in Partisan camp.
Also no cutscene when enetering the camp, which from what i have read should have happened.
First time to meet him and never seen Roche before in the game and never been to that place ever before.
Patch 1.07 installed.
I thought many problems with Roche were fixed according to the patch notes, but this one is either new or still not fixed.
Huge problem as it blocks the main quest and thus the whole game!
Please anyone with same problem send bug report with save-game attached.

http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

Varied walking speeds is gone in standard movement mode. PLEASE restore the orginal movement back to what it was before patch 1.07. When I switch between standard and alternative there is literally ZERO difference in Geralt's movement. Only one walking speed. I rolled back to 1.06 and now I can walk as fast or slow as I want..
Also please fix npcs that carry crates and bundles using some stair climbing animation on flat surfaces.
The game still seems to slowly degrade in performance over time and gets slightly jerky.
I've run into invisible walls with Roche as well.
Not sure about the other bugs with 1.07 since I rolled back to patch 1.06 to get back Geralts original movement and in order to complete certain quest.

I'm around 10 hours in from starting a new playthrough after 1.07. Playing on PC. Here's what I caught:

- Everything in options doesn't save (graphic settings, audio, HUD settings, etc). They always got reset everytime I exit the game. I need to spend an extra couple of minutes to re-configure everything every single time. So very annoying.
- Freezes and/or dead audio for a couple of seconds, usually in a battle.
- Pathfinding issues. One time I saw a drowner got stuck on a bridge and another time a ghoul in a deserted village ran into an animal pen (which door isn't even opened) and got stuck inside.

I just finished The game Og Death march difficulty, but the steam achievement did not unlock, Same with the achievement for reaching lvl 35.
Version 1.07

When using the xbox 360 controller the d pad and buttons now do a double presses. So I cant dismount roach and when I play gwent or pickup items if I press A it does 2 actions this has only happened since the install of 1.7... Had a much better experience with 1.6

1.Kaedweni stout and Erveluce don't heal you, just make you drunk.
2.Traps set by Letho remain red after disarming them, making it difficult to remember which ones are safe.
3.Some instances where you can't interact with NPC or Mobs not present @ point of interest. Both can be fixed by meditating.
4.NPC pop in still happens, breaking immersion.
5.Controls feel improved but could still be better, more precise.
6. Red mutagens still too bloody rare!! and now I can't even farm them since reloading removes all dropped loot!

Some DLC installed.
No steam achievements are being unlocked for me.
Also sometimes during scripted scenes the audio continues but just a still image will be on screen until the scene changes and then everything is back to normal.

I'm on a GoG Witcher 3. I went for some info about game windows process why doesn't quit when you exit, and realized that it was a pre 1.05's bug, and said it has been fixed. No, it's here again. Witcher 3 process stuck up in memory after exit. It doesn't matter if I start with or without GoG Galaxy client.

In the 1.07 the side quest '' The Nobleman and The Soldier Statuette'' is still bugged,i'm in act 3 and if i talk about the statue to Triss,during the quest ''Blindlingly Olivious'' she start to walk in circle,but if i ask after complete the quest of Philippa,she became stuck in the house where she was in Novigrad,without option to finish the quest and i must say that during act 1 i had complete the quest '''' The Nobleman statue'' ,but after complete the quest '''Blindlingly Olivious'',it's return in my diary..(and it's bugged).Please make a retro-fix,since now i'm in the end of the game and..i don't want to wait a month for another patch..so Thanks Dear Guys at Cd Project Red,please fix..

p.s Very Thanks for bring back Shani!!!

p.p.s look here https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/3dvw9f/the_soldier_and_nobleman_statuette_bug/
the quest in bugged in pc and ps4,please fix

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom