Manual Finishers don't seem to work.

+
Manual Finishers don't seem to work.

Now that a new DLC with group finishers is coming, I tried to see if those we have now work manually.
So... I turned off auto finishers and went on a killing spree, but I never got a prompt to do some. Also, what's the point of having adrenaline points if we cannot use them this way?

Could it be that turning off auto finishers is literal? As in off is really off. Odd way of doing things but that could be it.

Could it be that turning off auto finishers is literal? As in off is really off. Odd way of doing things but that could be it.

If that's the case, how stupid is that?
It always bugged my that there is a whole mechanism for gaining adrenaline points but there is no explenation as to why...

If that's the case, how stupid is that?
It always bugged my that there is a whole mechanism for gaining adrenaline points but there is no explenation as to why...

Some skills use adrenaline points like Undying. Also each bar increases sword damage by 10% up to 30% with full bars. There is also a general skill that makes adrenaline increase sign intensity as well as the sword damage.

The prompts have never shown up for me either, but I can pull them off by strong-attacking enemies that are low on health sometimes. The downside is that it doesn't give you the cool camera angles and cinematic zoom if you have it set to manual. It also happens a lot more frequently when set to auto. So...auto it is, for me.

The game has manual finishers? Where is that explained?

Didn't think that was at thing.

Perhaps it will be added in an update, but yea pretty sure its not in the game atm. Finishers are automatic, and turning off the option, completely turns them off.

(You can still dismember enemies, but thats not finishers - finishers are slow mo/special camera angle cinematic kills, ala skyrim)

Honestly, I thought that manual finishers work like in W2 when you have enough adrenaline. I guess that's not the case. :(

The game has manual finishers? Where is that explained?

Didn't think that was at thing.

Perhaps it will be added in an update, but yea pretty sure its not in the game atm. Finishers are automatic, and turning off the option, completely turns them off.

(You can still dismember enemies, but thats not finishers - finishers are slow mo/special camera angle cinematic kills, ala skyrim)

It's not working as intended, I don't think. It's not described in the game, but you are supposed to receive a prompt in the form of an icon that appears over enemies that you can execute with finishing moves. I've never once seen one of these icons appear in 2 playthroughs. But whenever an enemy is low on health and you have the adrenaline, you can strong-attack them, and (once in a while) Geralt will perform one of the detailed execution moves, just without the slow-mo and zoom effects. Generally, it seems to trigger only randomly. Looks far better and happens more frequently when set to auto.

Top Bottom