[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
I agree about the sidequests. I kind of felt guilty going to the barbershop as often as I did or skipping a day ahead and doing so many monster contracts because the game goes out of its way to show you how desperate Geralt is to find Ciri, yet here I am trimming Geralt's hair/beard or doing contracts from notice boards. I didn't get to everything. Towards the end I felt I needed to keep pushing the main story quests.

For me the game gets the pacing just about right for some side quests to be done in between main quests. Geralt still has a life, after all, and the time he's been looking for Ciri is implied to be long. Hell, the game starts with Geralt and Vesemir discussing Ciri while taking on a Griffin contract.

Some main quests feel more urgent than others, but I thought the game offered moments of relative calm often enough to let the player do side quests guilt-free. But there are so many side quests, so many witcher contracts, so many of those bloody interrogation marks that there's just no way to tackle all of it without feeling like you're running counter to Geralt's alleged priorities. So an immersive epilogue to the main quest becomes essential to wrap the game up satisfyingly.

As I said before, I think the perfect way to do it -- on top of the list of changes that is being regularly requoted here and that I'll requote below -- is to have a final main quest that officially ends the playthrough. Did you end up with Triss in Kovir? Then the final main quest is to meet Triss and go to Kovir when you feel ready to move on. She can be waiting somewhere for you. If you ended up alone, but with Ciri as a witcher, the final main quest could be to go on the path with her (in a cutscene, not in gameplay, although a final little quest with Ciri would be nice). If both outcomes -- Ciri as a witcher and Triss going with you to Kovir -- happen together, the final main quest could be to train Ciri then go to Kovir with Triss, in which case you would meet both characters together. All of these outcomes would have a final cutscene just to wrap things up (in the latter outcome, for example, the characters would establish that Geralt would go on the path one last time with Ciri, then leave with Triss to Kovir). The end. Roll credits.

With that said, here is, once more, the list of changes that is being requoted as a nice basic template for an epilogue.

Nilfgard:
Radovid lives: Change nothing!
Radovid dies: Remove pyres and witchhunters / add nilfgaardian soldiers
Dijkstra rules: Remove pyres and witchhunters

Geralt Romance:
Triss (Radovid lives): At Kaer Morhen preparing to move to Kovir
Triss (Radovid dies/Dijkstra rules): At her old shop (preparing to move to Kovir)
Yennefer: At Kaer Morhen doing magic stuff (playing around with megascope etc.) or in a small house outside of Novigrad/Kaer Morhen

(If not romanced they are at the same locations, just without the romance option and/or different dialogues.)

Ciri:
Ciri empress: In Vizima castle preparing to be crowned
Ciri witcher: Training at Kaer Morhen or playing Gwent in an inn (option to do contracts with her)
Ciri never returns: Change nothing!

Roche/Ves:
At their hideout preparing to leave it with different dialogues depending on the wars outcome.

Dandelion/Priscilla/Zoltan:
At the Chameleon.

Avallach:
Change nothing! or at his hideout

Thaler:
At the Seven Cats playing Gwent.

Skellige Ruler:
Cerys rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where she's sitting and doing paper work. (A short conversation about Crachs death would be good.)
Hjalmar: Standing next to Cerys. Make it look like he's trying to advise her.

Hjalmar rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where he's standing looking on maps. (A short conversation about Crachs death would be good.)
Cerys: Standing next to Hjalmar. Make it look like she's trying to advise him.

Svanrige rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where he's standing looking on maps.
Birna: Standing next to Svanrige. Make it look like she's trying to advise him.

(Basically same location/dialogue/animation. Change only the position of the characters, depending on who became the ruler.)

* added Thaler and Skellige rulers

Actually RED gave some details about NG+ and we will have the option of resetting our points with a potion, so we can try a different build. We will keep our experience and start a new game at level 34 I think. I honestly do not see the harm in NG+ though. I'm in favor of the suggestions in this thread, I just don't see why we can't have both? NG+ is good news for a lot of people who wants to replay the game and not loose their XP or having to start all over.

Ok i'm not saying it is a bad thing, but from my point of view a little usless because you can start a new game on the hardest dificulty to try a new build, and it will be more challenging that a NG+, or you can use a Respec Potion that you can buy without starting a NG+. But ok they introduced NG+ and this will make some people happy, now they spent time and resoureces for a mode that dosen't add nothing new and that player will only play one maximum two times.

So @cdprojekt RED made happy a part of fans but for now ignoring the other part, because like i said before NG+ dosen't add nothing new to Geralts last game, our last chance to spent time with him and beloved ones a think that a post-main sotry content will do.

Plus seeing them (Ciri,Yenn,Triss) after you complete the main-story will also give you the sense of beeing useful, because all your actions during the main-story serve to finally bring together Geralt and people he and we love, and not to metion the chance to visit Yenn/Triss when you want to talk with them and do stuff :) and go do some contracts with Ciri.
Then when we got tired of going arround with Ciri, romance with Yenn/Triss and have fun with other friends and completing all the things to do (a thing that will not going to happend :)) you can triger a last quest like @andrenavarro said where thanks to a cutscene you end the game. Well if CD Projekt RED do it right a post main-story content in a future will also give the chance for moders to create awsome quests that maybe involve Ciri,Yenn,Triss or maybe other characters.

THANK YOU FOR THIS POST AND YOUR SUGGESTIONS.

I finished the game and felt the same way, the first thing I did is run upstairs to Yen's room looking for her.

I completely support you guys on everything. Just finished my second playthrough and i must say again" Thank you CDPR for this masterpiece. I could not stop the tears at the end of the game, it was so emotional and touching, as well as all the story. Thank you for listening to us, gamers, and thank you again for implementing New Game + . We hope the issue with feeling of emptyness after finishing the main quests will be fixed, so we could interact and speak with main characters such as Triss, Yen, Dandelion, Zoltan, Ciri. Good luck !!

I agree with you too, i really miss the main characters. After i finished the game the first thing i did is to check if there is somebody in Kaer Morhen. It feels soo lonely - only one wither at Kaer Morhen. What will happen with this "profession". Who will train new witchers? If you could find a kid to train to become a witcher it would be awesome! You know - you help some poor farmer to get rid of some ugly monsters who destroy his crops or even safe his life, he is poor, he don't have money that he can pay with so he gives you his kid and you train him to become a witcher! This is would be the best expansion ever!

Or if you could see Ciri, Triss, Yen again, i really would enjoy playing again with them, doing contracts with Ciri and etc.

THANK YOU FOR THIS POST AND YOUR SUGGESTIONS.

I finished the game and felt the same way, the first thing I did is run upstairs to Yen's room looking for her.

I feel you man :) first thing i've done was to go upstair to look for Yennefer and see her working with her stuff, then i thought well maybe she is outside with Ciri: nothing (oh the gates of Kaer Mothen has the hole made by Imlerith during the Kaer Morhen battle) after this i spent 2 hours looking for them at Triss shop, Chamaleont and every location i thought they can be. Well i said in a lot of pos the sense of sadness.loneliness and drepression i felt.

We need changes in the post main story world!! I cant wait until witcher 4

Well for now i just want a post main-story content and @cdprojekt RED already prove that they are listen to the fans so i hope they will listen to us. The Witcher 4 hmm i think we need to wait until 2019-2020 to see something (i really hope it will be with Ciri and her beutiful story because we just got introduced to her charatcer and story). So reccaping TW3 post main-story and expansions, CP 2077, TW4.

Well for now i just want a post main-story content and @cdprojekt RED already prove that they are listen to the fans so i hope they will listen to us. The Witcher 4 hmm i think we need to wait until 2019-2020 to see something (i really hope it will be with Ciri and her beutiful story because we just got introduced to her charatcer and story). So reccaping TW3 post main-story and expansions, CP 2077, TW4.

I hope you are right and they will solve our issue to because NG+ didn't and i still can't play the game and enjoy all the secondary quests and contracts i need to do, not to talk about the world i need to explore and all this cause they took away main characters. Oh and i agree with you about TW4 we just got introduced to Ciri and she has a beautiful story to live and discover.
Maybe we will have two playble characters one of them Ciri and another one i'm suposing this because they tried to do this in TW3 and i liked it even if we don't have so many Ciri moments ( This is just a supposition) @cdprojekt RED hear our prayers :)

Patch notes 1.08 is out and nothing about the post credits empty world...

Patch 1.08 Notes
The next patch will be arriving quite soon. Please check the list of changes below.

PERFORMANCE:

• Overall improvements to performance, including some issues that may have been caused by 1.07.

UI:

• [Japanese Only][PS4 Only] Fixes an issue where the background text of certain books would flicker.
  • Fixes an issue where part of the Kaer Morhen map would not display properly.

GAMEPLAY:

• Fixes a rare issue where items would disappear from the stash.
  • Fixes a very rare issue which would cause Geralt to get stuck when trying to run.
  • The interaction pop-up will no longer appear on lootable objects that are empty.
  • Fixes an occasional glitch in one of the dwarf combat animations.
  • Heads chopped off during finishers will no longer disappear.
  • "Players can perform a roll just before landing to significantly reduce the damage caused by falling.
  • We've added a tutorial pop-up window explaining this to make it clearer."
  • In patch 1.07, the level requirements for certain items were scaled up, leaving some players stuck with only unusable gear. With patch 1.08, we are introducing the Wolven Hour potion. This potion will be available in everyone's inventory once they install the patch. It will reduce level requirements on all gear for a period of one hour. This will give players time to level up or find alternative equipment using the gear that was available to them in patch 1.05 but became unusable after patch 1.07. After one hour, the potion's effects will cease and the requirements for all gear will revert to their original, pre-potion values.
  • Fixes an issue where players were unable to compare their items with ones sold by merchants.

ACHIEVEMENTS:

• Players will now be able to complete the Card Collector achievement.
  • Achievements are now working properly again and will be unlocked if players meet their requirements after installing this patch (PC version).

GRAPHICS:

• Fixes an issue where interiors would sometimes not display properly on the minimap.
  • Fixes an issue where certain world elements would sometimes be missing and noticeable visual glitches would be present while in Novigrad.

QUEST:

• Fixes an issue where players were unable to finish the "It Takes Three to Tango" quest, even though they had obtained wine at the Kingfisher.
  • Fixes an issue where Geralt would sometimes die after traveling to Velen in the quest "Something Ends, Something Begins."
  • The entrance to the area where the Sunstone is obtained will no longer be blocked off if the player exits it prematurely during "The Sunstone" quest.
  • Fixes an issue where players were unable to complete the "Get Junior" quest on certain occasions.
  • Fixes an issue where players were unable to finish the "Scavenger Hunt: Viper School Gear" quest due to a closed gate.
  • Fixes an issue where some players were unable to investigate rooms during the "Family Matters" quest, effectively blocking their progression.
  • Fixes an issue where players were unable to finish the "Hey, You Wanna Look at my Stuff?" quest.
  • Fixes an issue where players were unable to talk to Roche during the "An Eye for an Eye" quest.
  • Fixes an issue where Roche would stay at his camp instead of going to the Oxenfurt Bridge in the "Get Junior" quest.
  • Fixes an issue where, under certain circumstances, Yennefer would not appear in Oxenfurt during the "The Great Escape" quest.
  • Drowners will have a harder time killing Nidas during the "Black Pearl" quest.
  • Fixes an issue which led to an infinite loading screen during the "To Bait a Forktail..." quest under certain circumstances.
  • Fixes a rare issue where the basement was locked during the "King's Gambit" quest.
  • Fixes an issue where players were unable to free the merchant during the Person in Distress event in the Claywich area.
  • The trolls at the Circle of Elements will no longer attack Geralt if he opts for a peaceful resolution.
  • Fixes an issue where players were unable to talk to Roche during the "Brothers in Arms" quest.
  • Fixes an issue where Zoltan's card was unobtainable.

GENERAL:

• Preparatory features paving the way for the introduction of New Game + in the future.

Last edited by Marcin Momot; Today at 02:41 PM.

---------- Updated at 04:58 PM ----------

Oh yeah it would be awesome.

Maybe we will have two playble characters one of them Ciri and another one i'm suposing this because they tried to do this in TW3 and i liked it even if we don't have so many Ciri moments ( This is just a supposition) @cdprojekt RED hear our prayers

i'll gladly play a sorcerer like Yen or Triss !!

In patch 1.07, the level requirements for certain items were scaled up, leaving some players stuck with only unusable gear. With patch 1.08, we are introducing the Wolven Hour potion. This potion will be available in everyone's inventory once they install the patch. It will reduce level requirements on all gear for a period of one hour. This will give players time to level up or find alternative equipment using the gear that was available to them in patch 1.05 but became unusable after patch 1.07. After one hour, the potion's effects will cease and the requirements for all gear will revert to their original, pre-potion values.

:areukiddingme:

the first thing I did is run upstairs to Yen's room looking for her.
hehe... i did the same.I was hoping for at least a final dialogue about the victory and other stuff. And maybe a final scene.
And some dialogue with other people...

Patch notes 1.08 is out and nothing about the post credits empty world...
If they decide to change something, it will need more time.
Just give them the time they need.

Btw, yes i'm still disappointed about that messy game ending...

Last edited:
As I said before, I think the perfect way to do it -- on top of the list of changes that is being regularly requoted here and that I'll requote below -- is to have a final main quest that officially ends the playthrough. Did you end up with Triss in Kovir? Then the final main quest is to meet Triss and go to Kovir when you feel ready to move on. She can be waiting somewhere for you. If you ended up alone, but with Ciri as a witcher, the final main quest could be to go on the path with her (in a cutscene, not in gameplay, although a final little quest with Ciri would be nice). If both outcomes -- Ciri as a witcher and Triss going with you to Kovir -- happen together, the final main quest could be to train Ciri then go to Kovir with Triss, in which case you would meet both characters together. All of these outcomes would have a final cutscene just to wrap things up (in the latter outcome, for example, the characters would establish that Geralt would go on the path one last time with Ciri, then leave with Triss to Kovir). The end. Roll credits.

With that said, here is, once more, the list of changes that is being requoted as a nice basic template for an epilogue.

This so far to me seems like the best idea I've read here. I honestly thought this was going to happen after the epilogue. Obviously I wasn't expecting anything fancy because like I've said in these types of open world games, it's a common thing I've seen in post-epilogue. Leaving Geralt in an area that makes sense for his ending and the story is something I can get strongly get behind. I wouldn't imagine it would be something incredibly complicated? But then again I'm not a game developer so what do I know~

This so far to me seems like the best idea I've read here. I honestly thought this was going to happen after the epilogue. Obviously I wasn't expecting anything fancy because like I've said in these types of open world games, it's a common thing I've seen in post-epilogue. Leaving Geralt in an area that makes sense for his ending and the story is something I can get strongly get behind. I wouldn't imagine it would be something incredibly complicated? But then again I'm not a game developer so what do I know~

Nothing in game development is easy, but I'd hazard that, relatively speaking, it wouldn't be a huge undertaking to do the bare minimum of what has been suggested so far. The suggestion you requoted from me, and the list of suggestions that is being requoted regularly on this thread, would require far less work than the paid expansions that are set to come out. However, if they came as a patch, it would be a very hefty one, which is why I'm not entirely comfortable with suggesting it as a patch. It all depends on how deep they'd go with the changes.

Thing is, CD Projekt has already said they'll fix character interactions that are lacking (such as Triss' in the third act). That'll require more writing, more voice acting, more dialog cutscenes and more programming and debugging. In a game as complex as THE WITCHER 3, everything you add can break something else. I'm actually amazed patch 1.07 worked as smoothly as it did, given the huge list of changes. Props to the devs for that.

So if they are going to fix character interactions, something that will require considerable work, it would be incongruent not to fix the issue discussed in this thread, which is closely related and even more serious. Hell, if the post-main-quest endgame was satisfying character-wise, it's likely that fewer people would even have bothered complaining about the scarce character interactions prior to that. Triss merely saying "good luck" to you before the final battle wouldn't have been so strange if you got to talk to her again afterwards, which you don't. Both problems are tied together.

But it's so worth the effort to fix them. Imagine if Kaer Morhen had witchers in it when you got there. Letho (if he's in your playthrough) and Lambert telling you what they plan to do next (Eskel may have moved on already). This alone would inspire the player to visit other locations of the map, to find the characters they're curious about and have final conversations with them, with some dialogue alternatives based on what happened in your playthrough. And in the meantime the player could complete the sidequests and witcher contracts that remain. It would add an immersive reason to keep exploring, then head to the final quest that officially ends the playthrough.

The benefits make the cost look ridiculous. I'd say that it is the single best improvement CD Projekt could make to the game.

Have any devs responded to this thread yet?

They have, but it's been a long time and it ended with a non-committal "we'll pass this on to the team". Check the very first post. The author has very kindly kept it updated with all that's happened so far.

I feel you man :) first thing i've done was to go upstair to look for Yennefer and see her working with her stuff, then i thought well maybe she is outside with Ciri: nothing (oh the gates of Kaer Mothen has the hole made by Imlerith during the Kaer Morhen battle) after this i spent 2 hours looking for them at Triss shop, Chamaleont and every location i thought they can be. Well i said in a lot of pos the sense of sadness.loneliness and drepression i felt.

there were some leaked documents back in 2014 that explained the actions in TW3 that woukd lead to TW4 :) so yeah im pretty sure we will be playing as ciri in TW4

So if they are going to fix character interactions, something that will require considerable work, it would be incongruent not to fix the issue discussed in this thread, which is closely related and even more serious. Hell, if the post-main-quest endgame was satisfying character-wise, it's likely that fewer people would even have bothered complaining about the scarce character interactions prior to that. Triss merely saying "good luck" to you before the final battle wouldn't have been so strange if you got to talk to her again afterwards, which you don't. Both problems are tied together.

But it's so worth the effort to fix them. Imagine if Kaer Morhen had witchers in it when you got there. Letho (if he's in your playthrough) and Lambert telling you what they plan to do next (Eskel may have moved on already). This alone would inspire the player to visit other locations of the map, to find the characters they're curious about and have final conversations with them, with some dialogue alternatives based on what happened in your playthrough. And in the meantime the player could complete the sidequests and witcher contracts that remain. It would add an immersive reason to keep exploring, then head to the final quest that officially ends the playthrough.

I really hope you were right about that.

Still thinking they should have say something by now if they are willing to do smthg... but they don't...

there were some leaked documents back in 2014 that explained the actions in TW3 that woukd lead to TW4 so yeah im pretty sure we will be playing as ciri in TW4

Huh? Even though Ciri could be dead in TW3? And even though she's ridiculously overpowered as a character?

I mean, she destroyed hundreds of Wild Hunt warriors just by screaming...

Huh? Even though Ciri could be dead in TW3? And even though she's ridiculously overpowered as a character?

I mean, she destroyed hundreds of Wild Hunt warriors just by screaming...

Ok i'll start with : Who tells you she is dead? This is just a supposition. No one realle knows what happend in the tower even if she comes back, in the 2 good endings she come back because you supported her and showed that you care about her life and decisions.
So in the bad ending maybe she see that you her father, the only person she really trust and understand that she wans to live her life is stil treat her like a child that needs to be controlled.
So maybe she lost the confidence in her father (Geralt) and decides that she want to live her life without you. THIS Is just a Theory like the one that she is dead.

Now to the OP Ciri well NO she is not OP and the screaming in Kaer Morhen is a rare event trigered by a huge pain like the lost of a very important person in her life, in this case Vesimir that was like a grandfather for her.
I don't know if you have read the books but in one book [BOOK SPOILER] same think happends to her mother, where at a dinner organized by the queen (Ciri's grandmother) Emhyr that is cursed and looks like a monster get wounded and Pavetta (Ciri's mother) from from the pain of thinking Duny(Emhyr) is goona die trigered that screaming power).

OK so i hope i got explained what i wanted to say :) But if you want to know more this scene is described in " A question of Price" short story where we get introduced to how Witchers got theyr child and more important HOW Geralt got Ciri.

The benefits make the cost look ridiculous. I'd say that it is the single best improvement CD Projekt could make to the game.

there were some leaked documents back in 2014 that explained the actions in TW3 that woukd lead to TW4 so yeah im pretty sure we will be playing as ciri in TW4

Really HOPE both of you guys are right.

Top Bottom